Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A TSA hassle when flying pretty

Quote Originally Posted by christinac View Post
    I'm in the process of getting an ID now and it is only the name and sex on the birth certificate. There some chatter about an official Florida State Transgender ID Card, but nothing official that I can find has been started on it yet.
    To take this to another extreme...So the start is the TG Id card and then we will have to register like some criminals so they can keep tabs on us. Big brother is watching. Just kidding...wait, what was that...

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    To take this to another extreme...So the start is the TG Id card and then we will have to register like some criminals so they can keep tabs on us. Big brother is watching. Just kidding...wait, what was that...
    I'm going to hold out for either the microchip or barcode tattoo. . .

Quote Originally Posted by christinac View Post
    I'm in the process of getting an ID now and it is only the name and sex on the birth certificate. There some chatter about an official Florida State Transgender ID Card, but nothing official that I can find has been started on it yet.
    Hi Christina,

Week after next I'll see about getting my FL ID with femme presentation. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlyee Paige View Post
    Ive been with TSA since for years and your ID can be different there is a course we take to learn to match facial features, mouth, eyes the shape distance to verify the person, so many people dye their hair go bald features change and they should have been able to tell it was you. You do not need a different ID what it sounds like was really bad customer service and I would HIGHLY recommend you call the line that was given earlier. That is usually the only was items get addressed in TSA and I would love to see us get more training in this area and them do more to address the problem. You should NEVER be asked to remove breast forms! that is totally appalling! I have never seen it done in my airport but heard on boards of it happening. Ask to speak to a manager not a supervisor if you get harassed at all. The new imaging machines images dont show alot and you cant make out any features, basically everyone looks like a big ET alien and the people have to stay in the room and cant leave until anyone that passed thru it are gone.
    Ashlee,

Thank you SO much for your post here. There seem to be some mistaken general impressions about TSA and TSA personnel. Examples of improper behavior by TSA personnel get a lot of attention (probably out of proportion to how often they occur), and too little is said about TSA agents who are professional, courteous and only trying to do their their job. Yours is probably a thankless profession, and I for one am grateful for your efforts. It can't be easy dealing with people who are stressed about flying and anxious about getting through security. I always try to thank screening agents and wish them a good day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I think any criticism of TSA is just not fair. These people (incl Ashlee) are just doing their jobs with the guidelines given to them.

I just find it totally amazing how this country has a total overreaction to an event like 911. Not saying 911 was a good thing or anything like that. Yes it was a horrible event, but some of the things that caused it were totally preventable (locking and preventing entry to the cabin doors for instance). Some of the screening, profiling, and body scans seem like its over the top, but on the other hand people are still trying to bring bombs or explosives on airplanes. But let's face it American life have been irreparably changed by the events of 911.

Interesting TSA screening anecdote that just came up. My sister called me to tell me my niece who is away at college came home and had big problems with the airport screening when she was coming home for one of her visits.. Well it turns out my niece who had just turned 18 had her nipples pierced and couldn't pass the security check until she was pulled aside and examined by female TSA person. She was mortified by the indignity, but of course my sister was laughing about the whole incident. You could tell she was not thrilled my niece had this done.

Just a girl in the world
    I just flew a couple of days ago and had no issues. The TSA agent might have taken a second look or so, but I just smiled and was soon on my way. However, since I have my own long hair and go for a more feminine everyday look anyway, about the only difference between the face on my driver's license photo and how I look enfemme is makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    I think any criticism of TSA is just not fair. These people (incl Ashlee) are just doing their jobs with the guidelines given to them.

I just find it totally amazing how this country has a total overreaction to an event like 911. Not saying 911 was a good thing or anything like that. Yes it was a horrible event, but some of the things that caused it were totally preventable (locking and preventing entry to the cabin doors for instance). Some of the screening, profiling, and body scans seem like its over the top, but on the other hand people are still trying to bring bombs or explosives on airplanes. But let's face it American life have been irreparably changed by the events of 911.

Interesting TSA screening anecdote that just came up. My sister called me to tell me my niece who is away at college came home and had big problems with the airport screening when she was coming home for one of her visits.. Well it turns out my niece who had just turned 18 had her nipples pierced and couldn't pass the security check until she was pulled aside and examined by female TSA person. She was mortified by the indignity, but of course my sister was laughing about the whole incident. You could tell she was not thrilled my niece had this done.
    I think you and others better reconsider. Stop listening and or watching to mainstream news. Heres another one against TSA http://www2.nbc17.com/news/wake-coun...ing-ar-876996/
    911 was a lie to get people to give up liberty for security.
    Last edited by Super Stacey; 03-22-2011 at 08:37 AM.