Thread: Missed opportunity

Missed opportunity

On Thursday, I noticed that my daughter painted her nails green for St Patrick's Day.

I go to a Yoga class at the gym, and always notice the various color nail polish all the girls are wearing. I've often wanted to expose my painted toes, but without outing myself.

So I thought, what if I painted my toes green. I could say that I let my daughter paint them when she was painting hers, but I couldn't fimd the nail polish remover to remove the color.

Anyhow, I didn't do it, but I was thinking of red, white and blue for Independence Day.

Would I be outing myself if I did that?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Gold Member
    Easter will be here sooner, Paint the nails like an Easter Eggs.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Easter will be here sooner, Paint the nails like an Easter Eggs.
    Rader
    Now there's a great idea! That way you won't waste half the summer, waiting to be outed!

who sees your toenails and do you care?

Here's what I did for Independence Day last year. Wore sandals in drab, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had my toe nails painted green. I didn't get the opportunity to show any one however.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Oh no .. that was a missed opportunity. You totally should have gone with the green toenails and the reason why they were like it! Oh well, never mind. I definitely think you should do something like you are suggesting for the 4th or before.

Btw ... Christen ... I adore your patriotic feet! I gotta go that for myself this year
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Rachel

Maybe I will do it for Easter.

Pastel pink, blue, green and yellow.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Pastel pink, blue, green and yellow.
    Sounds lovely Steffi, if you do, so will I
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Steffi, sounds like you missed a great opportunity last week. I'm not Irish but figured it was a great excuse for a new color so I did it. And def go for the red-white-blue for 4th of July. I did it last year and NO ONE can jump on you for being patriotic, can they?.....

Easter though, that's a tough one......still working on it.

Years ago, as a Sheriffs Deputy, I'd work two 16 hour shifts with only 8 hours down time in between. Dragging home dead tired one morning, I crashed at the computer in my comfy computer table chair. Woke up about four hours later to find my young daughter (5 years old), had painted every one of my toenails a different color. My SO laughed and said it looked pretty good. Unfortunately, we were out of polish remover so I wore painted toenails that night on patrol. My baby AND my SO have since painted my toenails now and then.

Rachel

I may chicken out, but I'm going into planning mode.

I picked out these colors from the Revlon Top Speed line

Liky (Lavender)
    Oink Lingerie
    Jaged (light green)
    Cloud (light blue)
    Electric (yellow)

I'm looking to see if I can get similar colors in a less expensive brand like Sinful, Wet n Wild or Sally Hansen Extreme.

It would be great if a bunch of girls did it and reported back.

Steffi

I love your idea for Easter! I hope you go for it and have a great Easter! Hugs!

I used to run around all the time with pastel pink nail polish on my toes and I wore sandals. Occasionally someone would make a comment like, "nice nails" and I would always just says "thanks." I don't think people necessarily put the two together.

I keep my toes painted I wear men's sandals in the summer and I dont think people notice or care.. go for it

Well, I did paint my toes, but I was too chicken to expose them at Yoga class. I'll try to post a pic.