Thread: Great weekend

Great weekend

This weekend I was to spend a day with a gf who's husband was my Commander for the American Legion while he was at a meeting. I had served as his Sgt-at-Arms and followed that with District Vice Commander the next year. I'm digressing. Anyway we had planned this for a couple weeks and Deb was cleaning and searching for the perfect recipe for dinner. During that time I recieved a B-Day card from a couple who live close by Deb and I told them of our getting together.

Deb lives 2-1/2 hrs from me so we don't get together that often but we talk or write a few times a week. As we had finished dinner and was relaxing with a glass of wine the phone rings and Diane and Denny are coming over for a while. Now Denny was my Commander as I was Vice Commander so this was the first time they had seen the new Teri after my transition.

We talked and laughed for two hours and of course the questions flew about my journey and the trials that are placed before us. After we had talked out and wiped the tears of joy we decided to part. Now Diane is not a shy lady so she jumped up and said hugs, well then came the cry "boobie crush". She says to me hey their better than mine ot which I said "for $5000 or so and a few weeks of discomfort we can fix that", you have to be quick with this lady. She gave me a kiss and laughed as we separated. Denny just laughed and shook my hand and wished me the best.

The reason for writing this thread in this section is two fold; it was a great day with friends and also to all our veterans there are those in the military organizations that are accepting. Hopefully there will be a growing acceptance as time moves forward.

Have fun and enjoy your time.

Great story! It's hard to beat 'true' friends! Hugs!

Let's just say 'Semper Fi' and 'Carry On'. Nice week-end and the acceptance is great.
    joank
    Southern California

Awesome, Teri Jean! A really nice uplifting post for the morning! Thanks!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Joan, from this anchor clanker, fair seas and mild winds. Semper Fi and as you were.

Thanks I had a great time and D&D were so wonderful. Obviously Deb is a sweetheart since she opened her heart to this TS without batting an eye and our friendship has really been amazing.

Teri,
    Great story. It is wonderful to be accepted for who we are.
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Teri Jean,
    you are lucky and blessed.
    Joan
    joank
    Southern California