Thread: Interesting Hair Appointment

Silver Member

Question Interesting Hair Appointment

Today I went to the same salon where I, 2 weeks ago, had the most wonderful pedicure. Today i had my wig set on perm rods to get a spirally curly do. Janine was nice, in the begining she ask some questions about cding. We then switched to fashion and such.
    My hair took extra long to dry (I was under a rollerball machine, rather than a regular dryer). The odd thing was at one point she let me know that she would be busy for 90 minutes and asked what me what I wanted to have her do. i asked her if someone else could finish my styling. She had two assistants do it and then she touched things up. The final look was good, not great and she did explain that she would have arranged to get me done.
    I guess it just felt odd to have her ask that question. Oh one other thing was that when i booked the appointment I asked the receptionist, Amelia (she was really nice) if everyone could refer to me as a she. The only one who messed up a few times was Janine.
    I just don't know how I feel about today? sort of good and not so good.

Sara, I could be wrong, but my perception is that maybe Janine is not very tolerant of CDs. was this your first time with her?

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Silver Member
    Yes it was but she sounded open to it when she did my consultation when I was having my pedicure. Maybe part of the problem was my initial willingness to inform. that may have confused her gender wise...I just thought that the cmment about being busy for the next 90 minutes was something I didn't need to know until the solution had been found. this is a well respected day spa so I was a bit taken aback. i hate to make more of something than it was but the feeling just was off. You may be on to it. Maybe may explanation wasn't what she anticipated. The good part was hwo great the two assistance interacted with me and they were young! I tipped them accordingly.

I would suggest another appointment with that stylist when you are in need of it again and see if you receive the same treatment or if she avoids you all together that would inform you more of her motives, otherwise it may have just been one of those days for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Today I went to the same salon where I, 2 weeks ago, had the most wonderful pedicure. Today i had my wig set on perm rods to get a spirally curly do. Janine was nice, in the begining she ask some questions about cding. We then switched to fashion and such.
    My hair took extra long to dry (I was under a rollerball machine, rather than a regular dryer). The odd thing was at one point she let me know that she would be busy for 90 minutes and asked what me what I wanted to have her do. i asked her if someone else could finish my styling. She had two assistants do it and then she touched things up. The final look was good, not great and she did explain that she would have arranged to get me done.
    I guess it just felt odd to have her ask that question. Oh one other thing was that when i booked the appointment I asked the receptionist, Amelia (she was really nice) if everyone could refer to me as a she. The only one who messed up a few times was Janine.
    I just don't know how I feel about today? sort of good and not so good.
    Sara, was this the place yourecommended to me? I'm growing my own hair long, and I get the split ends and the flyaways nipped there, and have it evened out till it's all one consistent legnth.

It sounds to me like her schedule was a bit tight and she got a bit flustered about how you like to be called. A lot of people, including myself, flub that one now and then.

Give her another chance. Right now she views you as a one-time customer. The second time you see her she'll start to regard you as a regular and will likely display warm up to you.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

You can never be sure if she was comfortable with you or not! Unless they come right out and say there not, but next appointment you should know for sure! Hugs!

Silver Member
    I have a coupon for a future appointment so maybe when i make that one I will let the receptionist know I would try anyone who is available. If Janine isn't up for it the receptionist would know. Thanks for all the great insight, I knew I could count on this forum for help!!