Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your wife worry that you look "too good" when dressed?

My SO is occasionally jealous of Laura looking or dressing better than herself but she does not obscess over it. It is not something I do intentionally it is just what it is.

I am the one with insecurities. She never worries about how I look
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Granted, I'm not married so it might be different if I had more at stake, but if anything, dating crossdressers has had the opposite effect--it has made me more confident in my own looks. It's almost as if I needed permission to be more feminine in my dress and appearance. Being with my Dita has been very freeing. Even when we are apart, I wear stockings because they remind me of her, I wear makeup because it reminds me of her. I make the effort to wear nice lingerie every day under my work clothes. Being feminine has changed from a dull unpleasant chore to a labor of love.

Not a chance. Whenever the subject of CDing comes up, she makes sure to remember to tell me how ugly I look en femme.

I asked my wife and she said that she felt a lot more threatened by how good I look in drab. I guess that's meant as a complement or was it an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    I'm on the verge of telling my wife. (If you didn't gather this from my latest YouTube video. ) One thing I'm concerned about is just how GOOD I look as Dana. My wife is reaching an age in which insecurities about her own looks are starting to emerge.

Is this an issue with anyone out there? Does your female persona make your wife insecure about her own femininity and her looks?
    1. You're an ass.
    2. Who ever said you look good?
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Hi neighbor - anyone that tells you that you look anything other than beautiful has blinders on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareecd View Post
    My wife always says something like " its sad when your husband has a better legs than I do".
    What's sad is that the wife doesn't have her own positive body image.

I've spoken to GGs here who initially said they were jealous of their SO's looks en femme, especially if the husband is slimmer than they are. But when asked if they would also feel bad if they were standing next to another GG with envious legs and a slim body, these very same GGs have admitted they would feel envious of the women too.

[Edited to add: we have impossibly high standards set by the media for ideal feminine beauty, and it begins at age 4 with a little girl's first Barbie doll. It is not surprising that some GGs feel bad about themselves if they don't have slim legs and flat tummies, or if they aren't tall and lithe. Combine this with a husband who might inadvertently give the impression he cares more about his own feminine appearance than his wife (in the wife's initial way of looking at it), and you have a potential recipe for disaster.]

I know that self-esteem and positive body image come from the inside, but does your wife get from you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she is beautiful and desirable?

And last, any GG who feels confident in her femininity and in her relationship with her husband will not feel threatened by him, because fundamentally she knows that nothing can take away her femininity.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-28-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Reine

Does your wife worry that you look "too good" when dressed?

What, are you kidding?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTG's~SO View Post
    2. Who ever said you look good?
    The users of this board told her so!

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ic!&highlight=
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ous&highlight=
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...%29&highlight=

etc etc. The usual "Lookin good hun" type stuff.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

My wife, only recently, actually spent time looking at a picture of me ( my new profile picture ) She was amazed and called as soon as I sent it to her as a picture message, since I was on my weekend alone. Her first comment was that I am actually gorgeous, and I laughed, replying that not only do I look better than my sisters, I look better than my sister in law, and would love to send this picture to her brother LOL ! She laughed as well, did admit that I was right, but of course, said NO loudly...

My wife has known about Maria for many years, but never liked me with my hair...now she is amazed...

Quote Originally Posted by cordgrass
    Granted, I'm not married so it might be different if I had more at stake, but if anything, dating crossdressers has had the opposite effect--it has made me more confident in my own looks. It's almost as if I needed permission to be more feminine in my dress and appearance.
    That rings true for me too. My wife has got back into skirts and dresses in a big way ever since she met me. It was my unabashed dressing that gave her the confidence to enjoy herself and she no longer feels the need to fit in with the jeans and sweater crowd.

As for the OPs passability - your wife's reaction will depend on how she feels about your dressing. If she is against it then your good looks would only increase her angst because it would make her feel that you are more likely to be gay or trannssexual.
    I want to be judged for who I am not what I am. Thank you for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Rae View Post
    My wife doesn't worry about how good or bad I look, she just hates it when my boobs are bigger. Kinda tickles me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    The only thing that upset my wife was my breasts were bigger than hers...Mine were almost a C and hers not quite a B
    They are forms!!!!

I tried my SO's on once, on a lark (she took pics). They are truly the Cadillac of forms! Anyway, on her they are a C, but on me they are more like a D or DD. I felt like a sex kitten, and had I gotten a sexy, low cut mini dress and gone to a nightclub wearing a cascading, platinum blonde wig down to my mid-back, and 6 inch stilettos with the sheerest of sheer black nylons, I would have garnered TONS of attention. LOL.

So if any of your wives become jealous, just remind them that in order to make a true and fair comparison, they should put on all the same eye candy and makeup, and then stand side by side in a mirror with you to compare.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Sue101 View Post
    If she is against it then your good looks would only increase her angst because it would make her feel that you are more likely to be gay or trannssexual.
    And that's pretty much the kind of statement that tends to annoy the partners/SO's.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Follow your dream.
    My wife is waaaaay too hot for me to be any competition.

You know.........looking back 20 years, my wife wasn't that,.....snappy, of a dresser.
    But, through the years she has grown into a great dresser.
    She is the best looking teacher at her school.
    She is all the time getting complements from staff and kids.
    I definitely can't come close to her in the looks division, but her wardrobe and sense of style has definitely benefited from being married to a cross dresser.

My wife doesn't worry at all. She thinks I look ridiculous and she tells me whenever I tell her that I am going to get dressed and go out.

Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    I'm on the verge of telling my wife. (If you didn't gather this from my latest YouTube video. ) One thing I'm concerned about is just how GOOD I look as Dana. My wife is reaching an age in which insecurities about her own looks are starting to emerge.

Is this an issue with anyone out there? Does your female persona make your wife insecure about her own femininity and her looks?
    Sad.....really really sad....you sound so enamored with YOURSELF....I feel bad for your wife.

I am Shers biggest cheerleader and she is mine. She has killer legs and I just do not....she is beautiful and I cheer her on BUT she builds me up and sees me as beautiful as well. Your comments just are so sad.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Oh my gosh, my wife constantly talks about it! She feels bad sometimes, and then laughs about it other times. But, I wouldn't say its a problem. I think its her way of giving a compliment.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

My ego is not that inflated.
    I don't think any CDers ever look as convincing as the real thing.

Dana,

How you look should be least of your concern. How she accepts you dressed is more important. As for me, I do not have an accepting wife and have to stop dressing until I sort things out with her.

No, my wife hasn't said that I look too good, but she has made a couple of comments;

She has mentioned a couple of times that I have great legs for short skirts, and that I will never have to put up with having cellulite.

The first time she saw my photos (she's never seen Tash lifesize) she took a long moment before saying in a small voice that I looked like a full on female.

Edit: Just want to add that I often say to my wonderful wife say to my that no matter what I do or what I wear, I will never look as good as she does.
    Last edited by Tasha McIntyre; 03-30-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Missed an important part about my wife :)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Ha! She knows that it's an exercise in vanity for me and when it's all said and done the hair, makeup, forms and clothing are covering up an old guy who loves her. She will compliment and support me but body image comparisons are ridiculous and non-productive in the relationship.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We're both jealous of parts of each other! The result is support for each other. If Tina looks good at all, it's only because my wife has brought her to that point!

Thanks to the members who understood my question and posted thoughtful replies. Very helpful. Thanks!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!