Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your wife worry that you look "too good" when dressed?

Does your wife worry that you look "too good" when dressed?

I'm on the verge of telling my wife. (If you didn't gather this from my latest YouTube video. ) One thing I'm concerned about is just how GOOD I look as Dana. My wife is reaching an age in which insecurities about her own looks are starting to emerge.

Is this an issue with anyone out there? Does your female persona make your wife insecure about her own femininity and her looks?
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

She did at first. It was more of a competitive thing. She thought I was compensating for something she lacked (not) and then thought I was trying to "outdo" her. Now she accepts that I look the best I can only for me. It boosts my confidence and makes me feel good and in turn she has gotten a boost. We shop together and I always find something for her that will make her look better. After all, what's a girlfriend for.
    Now we just enjoy it and she knows we are together not at odds.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't have THAT problem! lol My younger,gorgeous Venezuelan wife with the body of envy,oftentimes suggests clothing combinations[time consuming] as Rogina is trying to get out the door.She is always trying to "make me" more presentable..lol Sometimes,I even get it right by myself and may get a "you look good,have fun" out of it. I think most wives are confident in there femininity as "they are the real deal".
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Yes almost every time I dress. My wife always says something like " its sad when your husband has a better legs than I do". she also comments on how my dressing makes me look younger. I took the lessons she taught me about make-up and practiced until I can do it for the most part by myself. I also try to dress my age (58). Regardless we went out last weekend and she walked out of the restaurant behind me. She told me the guys setting at the table by the door looked me over, and smiled when they looked at my butt. Had a long sweater and leggings on. I love it and love my wife too for helping ans supporting me.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    No I absolutlely do not have that problem. Considering that my wife is slender and about 40 pounds lighter than me without the broad shoulders, arms, legs, size 12 feet, and does not need 3 coatings of make up. No way I am ever going to make her feel insecure.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Not a chance Di encourages it..she met Sher first before ever seeing the other side .... ..its me that worries about that..and Di is gorgeous... can never outshine her
    Last edited by Sherlyn; 03-27-2011 at 09:56 AM.

I am sure your wife will be somewhat insecure because you look the part 1st class, I am overweight and don't pass so looking too good does not affect me!
    Michelle

That and many other things will make your wife feel insecure....believe me!

I have never felt insecure about my own femininity or looks why should I. Yes Nigella does look good when she fully made up and she's got a decent pair of legs on her, but that doesn't make me feel less about myself.

I some time think that those who post this kind of stuff is trying to get one over on their SO's, and think they are something special.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

That's not an unusual problem. Many women buy into the skinny is beautiful business. I'm more slender than my wife and she sometimes thinks I look better than her (nope!). We were shopping at the mall once and she was a little put out that a gentleman looked rght past her to stare at me. She has since developed more of an interest in makeup and painting her nails. You can look your best and still try to boost her self esteem.
    Sally

My wife doesn't worry about how good or bad I look, she just hates it when my boobs are bigger. Kinda tickles me.

My wife accepts Alice, but wants no part of it. She has seen me dressed several times and has spent time with me at home. But, she has never made any comments positive or negative.

My wife hasn't decided if she wants to see Patrice. She has no problem with Patrice and will shop with me when I'm in boy mode to shop for Patrice and gives me makeup tips. If she asks to see Patrice I'll be happy to bring her around but I'm not going to push Patrice on her as Patrice is pretty happy with the arrangements as I've learned quite a few girls don't have this freedom.

The only thing that upset my wife was my breasts were bigger than hers...Mine were almost a C and hers not quite a B

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post

I some time think that those who post this kind of stuff is trying to get one over on their SO's, and think they are something special.
    I agree, but what can you do, right?

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Yeah, it's funny how some of us maintain that we're trying to emulate women, yet have very 'manly' competitive behaviors - seeing how high we can score on a 'girliness' test, outdoing each other on our 'feats of girliness' like, "I own more dresses and heels than my wife" or things like that. Proof that the nuts don't fall far from the tree.

Kathi

My wife is one of the lucky ones in a sense. I'll never be more than a man in a dress and she will always be the feminine one. Sure, she compliments me on my legs and outfits and that always gives me that little tingle. I'm sure she feels the same when I compliment her. But I mean it!

Ha ha... No don't think so... She just made a comment the other day about me not looking pretty... not quite sure how she put it exactly but I did not take it to heart. Anyway, she has never seen me fully dressed... not sure it would change her mind... at least she would probably never admit to it...

Kinda doubtful Dana. My wife was always a real "girly girl".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The day I think I would even come close, or look better then my wife, girlfriend or SO is the day I need to get my eyes checked and see a shrink for being so vain. There is no amount of makeup, padding or clothes that can make me look as good as my SO. I think it would be a very insecure woman that would be jealous of a crossdressing husband. Or worse, think he looks better then her and worries about it.

Smile

[SIZE="4"]No way my Darling Wife always looks fantastic and even asks sometimes when we go out together if she should dress down so that she does not attract to much attention so Kathryn dont get uncomfortable Kathryn xx[/SIZE]

My wife thinks I have better legs than her, and she thinks that from the neck down I look look better than her. I think I just try harder ;-) .

Danam, my wife is insecure by nature, and she used to be bothered by my dressing, turns out the reason was because she felt guilty that she would come home, and I would be dressed in something real nice, while all she wanted to do was jump into a pair of sweats and get comfortable. Once I got her to understand, this is my thing, and no one expected her to put on a skirt or dress just to sit and watch TV, but I was more comfortable that way. After that, she can be very complementary about my style choices, and seems to enjoy it when I put something real nice together. But none of it had anything to do with thinking I made a better looking woman, that just isn't going to happen in this life time.
    Tina B.

Does she worry?

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    I agree, but what can you do, right?

Veronica
    Nothing...because the majority won't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how some of us maintain that we're trying to emulate women, yet have very 'manly' competitive behaviors - seeing how high we can score on a 'girliness' test, outdoing each other on our 'feats of girliness' like, "I own more dresses and heels than my wife" or things like that. Proof that the nuts don't fall far from the tree.

Kathi
    Unless they are tucked
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna