Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A jealousy question for CDers.

A jealousy question for CDers.

The Scenario:
    You meet a GG at a GLBT nightclub one night when your wife is out of town (you are in femme mode). She is exquisitely dressed, young, and very beautiful, to the point where you wonder if she is a CDer (even though she is 5'4"). Your eyes lock. You then discover she is there with a girlfriend, and you assume she is lesbian. Once inside, they invite you to join them at their table.

Things click rather rapidly, you and this GG befriend on myspace the next day, email addresses are exchanged, and before your wife returns to town, the beautiful GG has invited both you and your wife to dinner, since you have told this GG that you are in a relationship.

You wife comes home and sees a pic of this GG and immediately mistrusts her. But, after some persuasion, your wife agrees to go with you to meet this GG and the friend she was with (it turns out they are not lesbian but were at the club that night just on a lark), at a restaurant in the GG's town, an hour away. The conversation flows between you and the GG while your wife and her friend are pretty much bystanders for the evening. You wife feels there are sparks between you and the GG. You think your wife is being silly.

In the following days, your wife reads this GG's blogs on myspace, and this together with the impressions she got when the four of you went out to dinner, gives your wife the impression this GG is not to be trusted. Your wife lets you know this.

You disagree with your wife, and you feel she is being unduly jealous. At this point it is important to note that you and your wife are also having separate issues, that are causing your wife to feel insecure in your relationship. And last, you feel the jealousy is your wife's problem and not yours, since you feel you have no romantic attraction to this GG. So you continue contact with the GG, through occasional emails mostly, but you don't tell your wife this (unless she purposely asks) because you don't want to upset her. You also arrange to meet this GG for lunch a few times. This doesn't go down very well with your wife. You begin to feel bad because you feel your wife doesn't trust you.

You want to continue seeing this GG. She is European, open minded, and one of the few people you feel you can go out with who is accepting of your femme self (other than your wife, who is 110% supportive, in and out of the bedroom). But, you also don't like to make your wife unhappy, so the emails peter out after awhile. You also stop going to the town where the GG lives.

Two years pass and eventually you don't go on myspace anymore and neither does this GG. You join facebook, you find this GG there, and you send her a friend request (without telling your wife). The GG ignores you for the longest time (is she "punishing" you for having dropped the relationship on myspace?), but out of the blue one day, she accepts the friend request and invites you for lunch.

It takes you two weeks to tell your wife about this. Your code of ethics prevents you from actually meeting the GG without telling your wife given the history, so eventually you do tell her. But in the same breath you say that your wife is welcome to join the two of you for lunch if your wife would be willing to do so in the spirit of becoming this GG's friend, but you do not want your wife to come along if her motive for doing so would be to spy on you and this GG. You also tell your wife you haven't been to the town where this GG lives in the last several years, because you felt odd going there without calling this GG, and you didn't want to upset your wife.

Your wife has an immediate angry reaction. She tells you that she doesn't like this GG, she doesn't want to befriend her, so she will not be joining you and her for lunch. Your wife also says you are free to do as you please, but if you do go, your wife will feel hurt.

The Question:
    Do you go ahead and rekindle the relationship with this GG anyway?
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Reine

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My answer would have to be a resounding "NO" if you really love your wife!! To me love always will overrule any other emotions! If it doesn't you don't have a very marriage!! I can see no reason at all to rekindle the relationship with the GG!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Not a chance, unless I want my marriage to fail. I haven't had this exact scenario, but I've been contacted via Facebook on at least 3 occasions from a girl from HS, college, and after (former fiance) and it was not fun. I don't need that in my life no matter how exciting it might be.

No! And it never should have gone that far if there was a"sparkle in the GGs eyes "that her wife noticed.She had a better sense of it as she wasn't caught up in the moment..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Silver Member
    No. Why upset the wife?

(Especially if the wife is 110% supportive, why would one even go there? She should be all you need.)

Not just no, but HELL NO!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    No, No, No, No, and No!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I always turn things around and ask myself how I'd feel if it was my SO who met a guy and his buddy at a club and the same things happened as in your scenario Reine. It would hurt me if she insisted on meeting this guy for lunch and continue a friendship if I did not like him or trusted him. So the answer I'd break off that friendship without question. My SO is the most important person in my life. I want to make her happy, not hurt. No way would I hurt her this way.

fierce glamazon
    wife? NO.

girlfriend? YES!

I do love your thought provoking threads though!

Quote Originally Posted by Avana View Post
    wife? NO.

girlfriend? YES!
    Avana, do you mean you would drop the wife, and pursue the relationship with the GG? Sorry, I'm not thinking too clearly right now.
    Reine

Definitely not !!!! If this were just a platonic relationship, you would know this right away. If it smells like it, looks like it, and most importantly feels like it, then it is it ! The best thing to do is just stay away, unless you are unhappy in the relationship that you are currently in, and just move on to the next,which is not the proper way. It is much easier to rekindle this relationship if things are not going well....because if it doesn't work out, you might still have your SO by your side, even though they are mad because in their eyes, you didn't leave. This is not a nice thing to do...well playing one and if it doesn't work out, you still have the current relationship...not good at all

you have to choose - meet the gg and odds are you loose your wife. by the bye, in the end you don't get the girl either.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Drop it, drop it, drop it!!

Any time that "sparks fly" in a relationship other than the one you are currently supposed to be in at the moment, is one to be halted immediately. You owe your partner that. No, you are not being silly. No, it is never as innocent as the other party would lead you to believe.

Reine, I sincerely hope that this hypothetical 'friend' isn't you. A woman like you deserves so much more. Any woman that accepts one like us as the whole person we truly are deserves trust, honesty, and the assurance that what you both want is good enough for the both of you.

Kathi

No. Why would you want to risk hurting your wife. Even though spouses can be unreasonable at times, the fact remains that you do not want to hurt her. She is your wife. There seems to be an element of immaturity here on your part. I do not know any more than what I read. So take that with a grain of salt. But only a young, immature spouse would be asking this. This is not an attack on you. It is just an observation. I believe whole-heartedly that if you are in a happy relationship and there is mutual respect there, you would not even think about pursuing this. Is there any truth to this? Are you typically a selfish person? I admit that I can be at times. You probably hate me right about now. But I am just giving you my perspective from what I read.

fierce glamazon
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Avana, do you mean you would drop the wife, and pursue the relationship with the GG? Sorry, I'm not thinking too clearly right now.
    no i mean if i were married i would not pursue the GG relationship because a marriage is a contract, but if it were not a wife and rather a girlfriend, I'd reevaluate that relationship because a jealous SO can hinder personal growth.

No matter if this Scenario is real or hypothetical, if you love your wife, partner or SO the answer would be obvious to you. Your commitment is to them, not a GG you find interesting. I would hope that the CD in this Scenario would talk it out with his wife.....Ya know, we stress communication here time and time again. If the wife is upset and wishes no involvement I would hope the husband is understanding and drops it. I can see nothing but heartache if this goes ahead.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Drop it, drop it, drop it!!

Any time that "sparks fly" in a relationship other than the one you are currently supposed to be in at the moment, is one to be halted immediately. You owe your partner that. No, you are not being silly. No, it is never as innocent as the other party would lead you to believe.

Reine, I sincerely hope that this hypothetical 'friend' isn't you. A woman like you deserves so much more. Any woman that accepts one like us as the whole person we truly are deserves trust, honesty, and the assurance that what you both want is good enough for the both of you.

Kathi
    Dense me. I just thought it was a hypothetical not a potentially real life situation! I would never consider this so I just thought it was an interesting question. Hopefully you aren't going through this Reine.

A 110% excepting wife is a rare fine! I would worship the ground she walked on! A friend like 'that' is only there when they need you!

Only one answer

There is only one answer to your problem. If you love your wife you should absolutely respect her feelings and drop the other woman. If she had a male friend that you were jealous of him and you said so, you would expect her to drop him, especially if you asked you asked her. If she didn't you would be hurt, maybe fatally to your relationship with her.

Grow up and do the right thing.

me

The answer should (IMO) be a resounding NO! I also think the line was crossed a long time ago. The biggest issue I take with this is in the initial "friendship" the husband feels the mistrust is "not his problem" this right here I feel exemplifies what is wrong with the incident. If my wife distrusts me, or a friend I have, it most certainly IS my problem! That means somewhere in the relationship there is a breakdown of some kind. If the husband isn't going to take his wife's feelings seriously, what else would he not take seriously? (Again just my own opinion.)

I see nothing wrong with friends of the opposite sex whether people are married or not, but the priorities NEED to be your spouse first, and friends second.

Quote Originally Posted by Avana View Post
    no i mean if i were married i would not pursue the GG relationship because a marriage is a contract, but if it were not a wife and rather a girlfriend, I'd reevaluate that relationship because a jealous SO can hinder personal growth.

Well, OK she is not the wife. She is the girl friend. But she is as committed to her SO as if they were married, and although she may be mistaken, she believes he feels the same way. Circumstances outside their control have prevented a marriage or a live-in situation. Also, she's not sure if he does believe in marriage. He has never been married.

Anyway, the girlfriend (previously referred to as the wife, in order to differentiate her from the gorgeous GG), doesn't get why this GG has such an interest in her bf. If the girlfriend (previously referred to as the wife) were in this GG's shoes, she would not keep coming on to the CDing bf and inviting him for lunch. So yes, the girlfriend is mistrustful and most definitely jealous in this situation (she has read many of this GGs blogs and online comments to her bf, plus she met this GG and got all the wrong vibes from her). But, she does not wish to prevent her bf's personal growth. Not by a long shot. She knows that she doesn't have that power, nor does she desire it.

Thanks for all your responses! Also, the girlfriend (previously referred to as the wife), is looking for ways that she can get over her mistrust of this GG so that she can support her bf's desire to have a friendship with her. The girlfriend hates these feelings of jealousy with a passion. But she cannot help them and as I said, they do have unresolved issues in their relationship at the moment that is causing this situation to push all the wrong buttons.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-27-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Reine

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    this just sounds too elaborate to be a hypothetical ... hopefully i am wrong

Nope.
    And I've been at plenty of GLBT clubs, and I met plenty of GGs while en femme.
    I'm really not a fan of bringing in other people, girl or guy, into the picture if you are comitted into a relationship......unless it's agreed that you and your wife are accepting of open relationships. I couldn't do it. I'm too old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD;2449843[B
    The Question:[/B]
    Do you go ahead and rekindle the relationship with this GG anyway?
    Absolutely not! Reine, in my world, this would have ended no later than the dinner meetup. There shouldn't have been a "relationship" to rekindle IMHO.