Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nail Polish

Nail Polish

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has gone out with painted fingernails when dressed in male clothing. If anyone has what colour did you wear.

I often wear nail polish in male mode. Usually a subtle pink, lavender or clear.
    ColleenW

Nice, ever get any funny looks ColleenW.

I did one day. I had my nails painted from the night before. I had to go to the dump so i put on gloves so no neighbors wouid see if they came by. I then heaed to Dairy Queen and ordered a bizzard in the drive up . WHen i got up to the window the gilr came ane took my money. I was scared to death she took my money and kinda took a double look and smiled. gave my my blizzrd nad i dorve away. I got to dump and the lady at the weight station for the dump ask my tare weight for my tuck and i gve it to her. SHe ws the same as the glir at dq smled told me to have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by LauraEwing View Post
    Nice, ever get any funny looks ColleenW.
    No, no funny looks that I'm aware of but I have had a couple of people comment but nothing negative in any way.
    ColleenW

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    I have had mine painted now for the last three weeks straight. Its a light iridescent pink. Noticeable, but not overtly so. No comments or looks that I have seen. My nails are 1/4 past the tips of my fingers, and I have groomed brows and long colored hair. So I think Im long past the point where Im hidden. Granted, this is Seattle, and at Microsoft, so as such is pretty diverse. But it is a male dominated field, and many of my co workers are ex military.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post
    No, no funny looks that I'm aware of but I have had a couple of people comment but nothing negative in any way.
    Have you tried wearing a dark purple colour, do you think it would be a bit much wearing male cloths with pink and purple fingernails.

Depending on my 'mood', I wear Dark purple, blue, pinks or reds all the time!

hi honey . yes i wear light pinks and i work on building sites . and i wear a bit darker pinks on weekends and when i go girly shopping .love deanna b

Thanks for the answers, I'll try going shopping tomorrow with pink nail polish on.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I wear clear varnish to work every night.no one has said anything,to be honest their too busy (or should be)to worry about whats on my nails and In any case my cover story is that its to harden them from the rigours of the job
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

i wear clear on mine when i can
    <3 Jenny

I have one pinky nail that grows twice as fast as any other. It never breaks while all the rest fall to pieces with little effort. When I am sitting at my desk at home I will frequently paint that one nail and then make believe all the rest look as pretty. Yesterday I went shopping with my wife and after about two hours in TJMaxx I realized that I had not removed the polish before we left the house. I was mortified! This is not a subtle color.

The other side of this story is that since I had no clue that the polish was visible I also paid no attention to any reaction that may (or may not) have occurred. Perhaps no one saw. Perhaps no one cared. Perhaps they did. I will never know. I think the thing that I may have learned is that it really didn't matter. The world did not come to a crashing halt. I went shopping without a care in the world and that world may have seen me with a vividly painted fingernail.

Ain't life great?

Formerly Natalie Lynn Tracy Lynn's Avatar
    I wear polish all the time. I like blues, grays and blacks.
    Love Ya, Tracy

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves.... Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine." ~James Poland

Thanks for the answers, nice to know people wear darker colour nail polish when out and about. Has anyone had a really extravagant pattern put on their nails, heres an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep wear clear or light pink quite a bit of the time on my finger nails. No comments have been made or funny looks that I am aware of. yes on my toes I have had a pedi and didn't want to take it off. Have worn sandles or flip flops a couple of times with them painted and had one or two looks but no comments made to me.

I wear a clear all the time... but if going out dressed most of the time I will wear a red or something like that... my nails grow pretty good and I have always had long nails.. just now they are normally pretty long.. and I try and keep them shaped up .. had some comments but never to me...

star

Quote Originally Posted by LauraEwing View Post
    Thanks for the answers, nice to know people wear darker colour nail polish when out and about. Has anyone had a really extravagant pattern put on their nails, heres an example.
    Great pics Laura - I often have my toes gold, purple or blue. For some reason I've really never cared for red - on my toes that is
    ColleenW

only matte clear nail polish... I wish I could wear colorful nail polish...

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenW View Post

Great pics Laura - I often have my toes gold, purple or blue. For some reason I've really never cared for red - on my toes that is
    Thanks, Im not a great fan of red either, I would love to get some gold nail polish.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Both my fingers and toes are painted all the time, and yes I am a MtF CD! I go to the nail salon every two weeks. My finers are always pale pink, and my toes are usually a very bright red shade. Since I live in Georgia (USA), I often wear open toe sandals when it is warm. If people don't like the color of my toes that is their problem, not mine!! BTW. I have had flowers on my toes on several occasions! My nail tech likes to try things out on me!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 03-28-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I usually have my nails filled on Saturday morning every two weeks, and wear colored polish on my fingers from then through Sunday night, so they're basically on display every other weekend. My nails are acrylic overlays, very long (about 5/8" past the fingertip) and I think because of this, I don't really get any more comments or attention when they're painted than when they're in their "bare" pink and white mode. I prefer dark reds on my fingers, often with a bit of nail art -- whatever my tech feels like doing that day. It may only be a rhinestone or two, some lines, or a painted flower, or every once in awhile, a full 3-D sculpted flower or butterfly.

I keep my toes colored 24/7/365, usually in a bright color (although not always red), but since I don't especially like to wear open-toed shoes very often, they are rarely seen in public. My doctor will have a good look at them on Wednesday, though -- but she's seen them many times before.

- Diane

Went out once with red nail polish to shock my girlfriend. No one seemed to have any issues, except for one person. There was a teen-age girl working at the McDonalds we stopped at. She refused to help me, turned to one of her co-workers and said "I can't do this, you take this order."

o.O

But on the other hand, that was way too "in your face" for a mcdonalds.

Some of my biggest fans are the drive-up servers at McD's and the other fast food places. Many of them are fascinated with my nails and make a point of greeting me when I pass through. The fact that they remember me probably means I eat too much of their junk.

[I did catch a snippet of conversation among the staff when driving away from the window once, though ... something like, "well, now I've seen it all, isn't it great to work at McDonald's?"]

- Diane

Silver Member
    Sure thing.

Since I started going to nail salons, in male mode, I have gotten hooked n how my nails look and I refuse to go with Plain James nails again. My favorite colors are light (stealthy) pink for my fingers and a dark burgundy for my toes. Usually my fingers get OPI Pinkadoodle but this time around I got "Its a Girl".