Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nail Polish

I love this thread. I've been wearing clear glossy hardener as I grow my nails out, they're now at the tips of my fingers. One friend commented and I just told her "I'm growing them out and this keeps me from breaking and chewing them." No other comments or looks, but I'm sure some cashiers have noticed. I love the idea of wearing a subtle pink and I'll start to do that, thanks for the idea girls!

I wear clear polish all the time. It has been noticed and commented on and I have had no adverse remarks.
    It's even better when I wear colours - always a light shade - purple, pink, etc. The comments then are very complimentary and I get the impression some women find it attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraEwing View Post
    Thanks for the answers, nice to know people wear darker colour nail polish when out and about. Has anyone had a really extravagant pattern put on their nails, heres an example.

I love your nails Laura ! btw, I love those shoes..where did you get them..they are perfect !

I get a fill every two weeks, I keep them about 1/4 inch long and the are gelled which makes them very shinny, sometimes I use a light shade of pink.

Barbara
    Always with clear and sometimes when appropriate a very subdued color. Had a few comments including a young lady that told me she loved it and would I talk to her boyfriend for her.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Thanks to this thread, I'm now using a "calcium gel nail hardener" that ends up looking like clear polish. It really makes me feel fem in a very subdued way. Hey and if anyone asks, I just say that I have brittle nails and they need a hardener. That'll work until they start growing longer......

Renne.....

I wear clear most of the time, I don't how many have noticed but the only one that ever mentioned it was my oldest son. Back then it was to stop my nail bitting, now do to meds my nail are brittle, so I wear it to keep them from breaking to the quick all the time. I did ear them out once with a brite pink, but that was an accident of rushing out the door to go to work, and not doing a last check of everything. I was driving down the road when I noticed my nails, I was almost there. I stopped at a mini mart, ran in to get some nail polish remover real fast, and found a room full of construction workers getting their morning coffee and donuts, about 10 of them in line. I kept my hands in my pockets until I got to the cash register, but I had to pay the man, so I pulled out my pink fingers paid, grabbed and ran out of there as fast as I could.I pulled around the corner out of their sight before I removed the polish and went on to work. I've been a lot more careful every since.
    Tina B.

One Friday evening I had just applied some Revlon Lilac Pastelle then we received a call from my sister-in-law that her car wouldn't start - there was a problem with the car alarm going off (she has two alarms and they sometimes conflict with each other). So I ran over to the house she was at (my mother-in-law's) and dorked around with her car for an hour before calling it quits (nope, couldn't solve the problem on my own - had to call Honda to find out where the alarm kill switch was). It was dark out so we were having to use flashlights to see under the dashboard. And then my other sister-in-laws caregiver was there as well. Every so often the flashlight beam grazed across my fingers and shiny purple nails were very obvious to me. I didn't get any comments from them, though, and haven't yet. They may not have seen. I'm not going to ask them if they didn't see, though.

I have gel on my nails also get a pedi with color (as they like to call it). I wear sandels most the time. Alot of people look at them but no one has said anything. Spme GG have noticed my nails and talk labout them - no ned comments.

Thanks everyone, how do you deal with people who ask about your nails.

My wife does not support me cross-dressing, but she does allow me to have my nails done. We get both manicures and pedicures together on a regular basis. When we do not have time, I put my own on at home. Since I work from home, there is no problem with be having my nails longer and with color. Currently I have a glossy light silver on my hands and a sparkling silver on my toes.

As to comments, I just say thanks when someone gives me a complement on my nails.

Richelle

I've only done it by accident; such as, when needing to move the car for alternate side of the street parking, and I wake up while wearing my girl pj's, when changing back to guy mode I'm still a bit sleepy and forget about the nail polish (because it's now pretty much become more normal for me to wear it than not have any on). I don't wear pink that often; mostly pale blue or green, or one of the medium blue or purple cream colors because they seem to cover well with one coat.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lately I have been doing my finger nails a french pink, a light pink that is barely noticeable. I have also done clear. I may see if I can find a light color and start with that. I am getting to a piont where I done give a sh*&) what people say. I am almost waiting for a manager at work to say that an article of cloths I am earing isn't in company dress code, I will be showing up in a skirt very shortly afterwords.

Kymmie
    Last edited by kymmieLorain; 03-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Usually have clear on my finger nails - right now Sally Hansen Natural Tint. No comments at all. For Halloween 2 yrs ago I had a mani/pedi with bright orange nails! Was able to pull it off w/o any problems as several women commented favorably. Also have done a light blue tint on my fingernails which my dentist's receptionist picked up on!! Next few times she always had to check my finger nails. If only she had seen my dark blue toe nails...

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    I stopped at a mini mart, ran in to get some nail polish remover real fast, and found a room full of construction workers .

One of those construction workers had painted nails... and would probably take offense at being lumped into what is apparently a category of mindless bigots in your worldview.

Why is it assumed that blue collar folk are just looking for anyone out of the ordinary to stomp with steel toed boots?

You made a more erroneous assumption about them than they would have of you, I think.

I often go out with nail polish, usually a very pale pink or close to flesh color. Only once did I get a comment from a woman at an appliance repair shop when I was paying the bill. She said "who does your nails?" I said "I do" and she replied "Oh, that's too funny."

Quote Originally Posted by lilmissjenny View Post
    i wear clear on mine when i can
    I know it probably doesn't count as a colour but like Jenny I wear clear glossy polish. A few people have commented but nothing negative has ever been said.