Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you so afraid of???

The TG world has made some progress in recent times in way of public awareness.It is good when it is discussed properly by Oprah and Tyra,etc.But there are still the Jerry Springers out there as well. Still,most people don't understand us for what we do,so it is the collateral damage that we fear the most.Torches and pitchforks aren't apt to happen,but loss of jobs,respect,and some "friends" are a reality. We deserve to be happy,not live as others want us to.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Like I've said in other threads, my clientele are not and very openly not accepting or tolerant of the gay, bi, transgendered, or crossdressers. I've lost a lot of customers here lately because of the economy and if I was to be outed I'd more than likely loose the rest.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    The retirement system doesn't care if I wear pants or a dress when then deposit the check, so that's not a problem. My closest friends would probably laugh at me and remain my friends, just with one more thing to tease me over when we get together. I have fears about how my family would react. I don't know if they are realistic fears. My wife knows and accepts me and the conversations I have and hear my adult children have all tell me they wouldn't be judgmental, but maybe it's a fear that I'll somehow become less of what they have come to depend on in their life. I'll have to explore this a little more, thanks for asking.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802
    So I had to give a speech the other day(in drab) the the board of trustees at my school and I was thinking that people are really scared to public speak. I must admit that it gets my heart going every time, but if public speaking doesnt scare me that what does scare me about cding?
    Well for me it's definitely being picked on. I was a bully target in high school, being that I was a short Asian in Hicktown. I can see why there's safety in numbers when it comes to cding.
    So besides fear of being found out by your SO and family, what is you biggest fear about crossdressing?
    [SIZE="2"]Public speaking scares me, but I can do it and have done it, when the situation arises. I was also a target for bullies at school, and it had a lot to do with my difficulties in the area of speech, causing me to become isolated and marginalized – I still suffer from the consequences, or, oddly enough, benefit from them, since my impedimentary nature led to the dual worlds of art and crossdressing...

My biggest fear about crossdressing is being among authority figures who would not, or cannot, understand why a male would wish to do as I do – I mean, I don’t want to hear their take on things, or be forced to tap into my largely suppressed masculinity for the response they’re trying to drag out of me (pardon the pun). I know that MtF crossdressing is not understood by the majority of the populace, to put it mildly, so I prefer to avoid any confrontation, meaning a clash between those who have FEELINGS and those who don’t...
    [/SIZE]

My biggest fear actually isn't about being found out (although I AM scared to death of that), it's that I'll start to use crossdressing as way to escape my problems rather than to express myself. I'm worried that if I develop this alternate person I can become, then when I have problems in my male life then I'll just avoid them by escaping into my female personality rather than facing them head-on.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    My biggest fear actually isn't about being found out (although I AM scared to death of that), it's that I'll start to use crossdressing as way to escape my problems rather than to express myself. I'm worried that if I develop this alternate person I can become, then when I have problems in my male life then I'll just avoid them by escaping into my female personality rather than facing them head-on.
    Wow, I must say this is amazingly insightful. I wonder if for some of us this is the reason we dress? To escape the male problems of society. Certainly it is nice to dress and express the fem side of myself, but are we just avoiding the male stressors in our lives?

I must go ponder this for a while.