Thread: working en femme?

working en femme?

So, recently i'v accomplished the personal goal of working en femme atleast once
    Like, out in public in an actuall store and it not be because it was halloween.
    However when Doing so it made me realise how lucky I am to be employeed at a store that allows this.

It also made me curious as to what other workplaces would allow one to work as the other side. I don't plan to be where I am at forever, I'm most certainly aware that more than one cd/ts/tg/tv have lost their job when they have tried taking the
    steps on the road to being who they want 24/7.

So I guese my question is, who else has been lucky enough to have a job where they can be Mtf, or ftm? And what fields of work/companies might be
    more accepting of it.

also for those who might be wondering about how it actually went,
    I got mabey, one or two snickers from a costumer or two, but the vast majority were accepting and reffered to me as "ma'am, miss, or her"..it was a great experience ^^

I'm glad you were excepted so well! I think more ladies should take this as encouragement and try it! Oh! If I could only work again! Hugs!

[SIZE=4]I picked the beauty industry simply because if they can't handle me, there is something wrong. I dress daily and style hair, wax brows, cut all sorts of hair and in general have more fun than should be legal.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]This is me prior to work today, Tuesday 3-29-2011[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I have been working en lemme for almost 5 years. I work in retail wholesale.

Jennifer

Last weekend I was shopping in feme, and at a moment I thought of how nice and exiting would be if I could work in feme.... It would be great!
    Allthough some store ladies refere to me as miss or maaam, and it feels great, I know it is only because they are being polite and want to sell.
    Lucky you!, it is great that you can pull it of, and no wonder if you look as sunning as Tamara.
    Love.
    Lucy!
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

ive worked en femme for 2 years in the engineering industry

Platinum Member
    Fuhai, could you give more information about the setting that you worked in? Can you do it again? Were your co-workers aware you were CD when you did it?

My goal is to establish a company where people can not only relax in a safe crossdressing environment, but also have the opportunity to live/work/play dressed however they wish. *sigh*. If only investors and traditional banks realized the untapped potential of such a business! We all spend so much of our time at work - it's a shame we can't really be ourselves when we're there.
    As our business grows, it makes sense to emply crossdressing employees as they know our target market the best. Besides, I think there must be something in silk and lace that makes people nicer.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Not a chance with me. My job simply is not one that would allow it, due to its nature.

Eh, just started a new job ( well, next week ) I am pretty certain that if i announced a desire to transition ( I don't have such ) they would be extremely supportive. If i just wanted to crossdress? mmmmm, not sure, think I'd be allowed, but they might ask me to work "in back". Doubt I'd get fired.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    For three months prior to starting my RLE, the call centre where I work allowed me to dress on their dress-down days (Fri/Sat/Sun). Once I had sought professional help, they collaborated with me to plan the RLE and have been very supportive ever since.

There are one or two exceptions to this, but in an office of over 500 that is to be expected.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

The work uniform at my place of business is B2, RL Polo. Oxxford suits, white shirts, black wingtips,and rep stripe ties, so when I'm in the office in the city I don't have any options. My hoop or stud earrings are about as radical as it gets. I often work online at home, however, and usually am bewigged, made-up, wearing some casual women's clothes and outre' pendant earrings then.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 04-01-2011 at 02:05 PM.

I work at walmart where there is an open policy to be who you want to be. I actually was told specifically by my store manager that I could dress en femme if I wanted. Most of my direct managers know I dress (6 of 8 is not bad). I haven't taken advantage of this option yet because I do not own a wig or make up, but in due time.

I don't think I could go to work en femme. But...I have just been reading success stories of others that have transitioned on the job in my industry. It's had my head swimming all week!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Marie View Post
    I work at walmart where there is an open policy to be who you want to be. I actually was told specifically by my store manager that I could dress en femme if I wanted. Most of my direct managers know I dress (6 of 8 is not bad). I haven't taken advantage of this option yet because I do not own a wig or make up, but in due time.
    And yet people bash Walmart for their treatment of employees. I was aware of this Walmart policy before and it's a good policy. Employees generally do a better job if they are happy.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda