Thread: Thinking of venturing out.

Thinking of venturing out.

This weekend I will be home alone and have the chance to dress from saturday to monday. Im really tempted to go out shopping for the first time en fem. Im really scared to go out and my main concern is not passing. I am 6ft tall but have a good figure and have naturally quite long hair. I just wonder if makeup and fem clothes will be enough to make me pass.
    If you are interested to know what i look like check me out on tsdating.com
    My username is jessiek.

Let me know what you all think x

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Lets see, I am 6'8" and I go out often in fact I am going out tomorrow morning to get some things for office/home. One of the things I would suggest is to do test outings and take photos of yourself to see how the camera see you if your concerned about "passing" I know GG's who are well past 6ft so if your comfortable with everything go for it. If not go out early before the stores get busy and you will find things easier. I still go out early myself because I am still not 100% comfortable however I have had to go to busy stores and I felt great! I just often try to use wisdom when I am in Michigan. When I visit Ohio I don't care and I will shop in a busy store even if I am not 100% comfy as that helps build you up.

Just remember to be yourself!

Hi Sophie,

I'm not willing to sign up at the site you mentioned, so I haven't seen your photo.

In addition to what Victoria said, I'd add that passing isn't really important. Just dress tastefully and appropriately, behave like a lady and test the waters.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sophie, u need to ask yourself this question, "Sophie, why do u want to go out dressed?"

I asked Sherry that question and this was HER answer! "I want to see if we can outrun an angry mob in these 4 1/2" heels!"

We stayed IN!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc I don't have in heels that tall, but I'm so fat and old I can't out run them either, so I also stay in.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiek View Post
    This weekend I will be home alone and have the chance to dress from saturday to monday. Im really tempted to go out shopping for the first time en fem. Im really scared to go out and my main concern is not passing. I am 6ft tall but have a good figure and have naturally quite long hair. I just wonder if makeup and fem clothes will be enough to make me pass.
    If you are interested to know what i look like check me out on tsdating.com
    My username is jessiek.

Let me know what you all think x
    Shopping, you will have to make eye contact with people and speak with them. For a first time, you might do better just walking down the street or in a park.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Sophie,

I would agree with Linda that you should walk without making interaction with others. If you feel comfortable then you can shop. Happy going out!

I say let the mob come! This country girl ain't scared of no mob! I don't try to pass, and like I always say:If you don't like the way I'm livin' you just leave this long haired country girl alone!

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    If you want to - why don't you?
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Don't worry about passing, just go out and have fun. A lot of us never pass (like me), and it doesn't matter. Most people are still willing to go along with the game--especially if you're the customer!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I'm gettin' close to the out stage as Renne. I've done the dry run today, and still have a few things to work on to get ready in less than 2 hours... LOL... Just a few more tweeks and it's off to some non-eyecontact locations for a walk in the open. The closet is getting a bit stuffy nowadays....

Happy travels...

Renne....

I agree with Linda Allen (Post #6). Maybe it's best to just go walking and avoid face-to-face. Going out in public is like wearing high heels: it's best to start out with baby steps until you get more comfortable with it.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 03-31-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

I hope it goes wellfor you. I am scared to even o to the park in shorts and show my smooth legs. I want to do it, just not in my local area. I know I am a chicken and need to just get comfortable.

My first time out was shopping. The cashier never acknowledged that I was dressed any differently. Billie Jean
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 04-01-2011 at 10:52 PM.

In answer to your question, NO, makeup and femme clothes will not be enough to have you pass.

You need CONFIDENCE. You have to believe in yourself and believe that you belong where ever you are. If you are scared and anxious it will be obvious to those around you.
    Just dress for the venue and not overdress, hold your head up and tell yourself that you belong there as much as anyone else and you will have a great time. It's not all about passing, it's about belonging. Trust me...I've ben there. I'm 5'12" and at first was the deer in the headlights. Now I'm just another woman out in the world. Join me!!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !