Thread: Rare Opportunity!

Rare Opportunity!

I have an opportunity that has never presented itself before - 3 days alone! I am new here, and haven't dressed in a long time. In my welcome thread Renee posted"...You get your charge card out and start gettin' the wardrobe workin' girl". This is exactly what I want to do!

What are the essentials to transforming into the woman within? I never purchased anything beyond underwear so I have no idea what my size is, what size bra would look best.......I need help!

Any specifics you want to give are appreciated. I do not have an endless amount of cash but have saved for a time like this!

I look forward to getting some good coaching.....*s*

Thanks

Congratulations on having a few days to yourself!

I don't know how to answer your questions, but one of the fun parts of being a girl is enjoying the range of styles, colors, and fashions that are available to you. So you're best plan might be to hit the shops!

If you have no idea of sizes and so on, maybe check out the thrift and recycle stores first. Lots of girls get their stuff there and it allows you to play with clothes and still stay within your budget.

There are some sites online that can help you determine your bra size and your clothing sizes. J.C. Penny's usually has a good site for that as do several others.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Best advice I can give you is go to WalMart or something similar and go to the sewing section and buy a tailors measuring tape. Go home and google how to measure for a bra, etc. You can also usually find some conversion charts if you look around enough on the web that will convert mens sizes to womens sizes. So as long as you know your mens size it will tell you what your womens size is. Shoes usually have a general rule of thumb, add 2 sizes to your mens shoe size and thats generally your womens size. Becareful though when buying online as some shoes will be alot more narrow than you think. Buy shoes in person when possible unless youre like me and have to strap 2 canoes on for shoes. Makeup and wig (depending on whether you are planning on venturing out during these few days) should also rank pretty high on your shopping list. Most places that sell makeup usually have a little guide you can put like your arm up to to gauge your foundation color. I would also suggest Thrift Stores like Goodwill and so on, I cannot stress enough how lucky you can get shopping at places like that, but its a gamble, sometimes you will luck up like you hit the lottery, other times all you can find are moo moos from the 70's. Hope this helps some, good luck and enjoy your time!

Chastity

PS- during your personal time, dont forget your camera as we have a Picture Gallery on here

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    Sounds like you need a girlfriend of some kind to help. I agree with the thrift store it's a good place to buy several items and see what fits best. I don't if it will help you but..my waist is a 38 and on the jessicalondon or womanwithin sites I wear a size 7 panty. Maybe that can serve as some type of reference. Enjoy it.

I agree with Chastity about getting a tape measure and taking your measurements first. Then find a wimen's size chart on the internet and go from there. I'm 5'6" and slender, so I go by the Juniors and Misses size charts. It pretty much all depends on your height and weight, well...and weight distribution. Good luck, Samantha.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Oh Samantha, what fun, get that tape and get measured, any good store, will have a size chart, that will tell you just where to measure. remember hips are going to be small compared to bust, waist measurements, most of us are stuck with a guys waist. This can be a problem with panties, they always figure in hips, so start cheap until you are sure about the size. Shoes about 2 sizes larger that your male size works for me. As far as what style, or cup size bra would look best, well that's the fun of the hunt, but once you know the sizes, check out the catalogs for what is in style, what you like, and what looks like it might work for your body size. One warning, a lot of us, including women are not always the same size on top and bottom, so just because you wear a size 8 blouse, does not mean that you would wear the same size skirt or pants, so check all measurements. Oh and all womens size 8 are not all the same size, so it can be a challenge. I have 3 sizes of Pants that all fit me at the same time, all by different makers. Good luck, and have fun!
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha123 View Post
    I have an opportunity that has never presented itself before - 3 days alone! I am new here, and haven't dressed in a long time. In my welcome thread Renee posted"...You get your charge card out and start gettin' the wardrobe workin' girl". This is exactly what I want to do!
    You don't say who you are "alone" from. If it's your wife, remember that there will be written statements from that credit card. How will you explain the charge from the wig emporium or Victoria's Secret? Cash is better and discard the receipt. And figure out what you're going to do with this stuff when she comes back.

Hairs fall out of wigs and lipstick leaves marks on the cups and glasses. Some makeup is very difficult to remove.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

What are the essentials to transforming into the woman within? I never purchased anything beyond underwear so I have no idea what my size is, what size bra would look best.......I need help!

Any specifics you want to give are appreciated. I do not have an endless amount of cash but have saved for a time like this!

I look forward to getting some good coaching.....*s*

Thanks
    How much is reasonable to expect to spend on creating a basic wardrobe? Let's assume combination of thrift store and store's like Kohls. A general ballpark range for anticipated necessities and sundries?

Aspiring Member
    Marshalls or TJmaxx are good places to start. You can take clothes into a fitting room and try them on. Yes you will have to pass an attandant but they usually just ask "how many" and let you in. Only once has an attandant asked if I knew the jeans that I had were womens.
    Payless is a good place to start looking for and trying on shoes. The SA will most likely be nice and may even offer advise if you let her.
    VS is a great place to get fitted for a bra but they are expensive, usually around $50. And the service is so good I feel obligated to purchase although I don't always. You can purchase a bra for as little as $5.00 from TJ Maxx. Even if it doesn't fit, it will give you an idea of size. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs and wear size 5 panty and a 36B bra if that helps. (I do like them a little tight.)
    I love to shop.
    SheriM

Quote Originally Posted by Fractured View Post
    How much is reasonable to expect to spend on creating a basic wardrobe? Let's assume combination of thrift store and store's like Kohls. A general ballpark range for anticipated necessities and sundries?
    Thats hard to say, if you went with a cheap wig ordered online, middle range makeup, thrift store clothing, shoes from say Payless, and we cant forget our accessories, I would say ballpark guess.....you probably could get away with as little as $250 and thats maybe 3 outfits and 1-2 pair of shoes. It really all depends on how good you are at tapping into your fem talents and finding a good sale. Remember this doesnt include any specialty items like breast forms, padded panties and so on. IF you want better quality stuff that will look better on you, expect just to pay that for a nice wig.

Three days in a row??!! Wow. Now that's a dream I've got. Haven't done that since my single days. You have no idea what it's like to go to sleep en fem. When I did, the dreams were in color and I was fem...

Okay... so shopping. If you're really venturous, go to the local *mart and pick up fem clothes that you feel comfy with. For those of us that are still stuck in the closet, it's online, but that's a wait. Even the buy it now clotes take a week to get her. Watch out if you order a bunch of stuff and it comes on Saturday when you're out and about. The wife text me a few Saturdays ago and indicated that the post dropped off a basket of boxes and envelopes. I replied that it was parts and that I'm working on that car in the garage. Both true statements just not together. They were parts for Renne and I do work on the car in the garage...

If you don't mind the stuff on the *bay store I usually go to the ***zon store for a little better stuff.

Start with the foundation, pick a bra and stuff it. From that point on it's up to you.

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chastitycd View Post
    Thats hard to say, if you went with a cheap wig ordered online, middle range makeup, thrift store clothing, shoes from say Payless, and we cant forget our accessories, I would say ballpark guess.....you probably could get away with as little as $250 and thats maybe 3 outfits and 1-2 pair of shoes. It really all depends on how good you are at tapping into your fem talents and finding a good sale. Remember this doesnt include any specialty items like breast forms, padded panties and so on. IF you want better quality stuff that will look better on you, expect just to pay that for a nice wig.
    I was afraid that was going to be the estimate.

Bra size is a challenge. The band size will be close to your sport coat size, but you can go a little smaller in stretchy bras. The cup size depends entirely on what padding you have, and what look you are trying to achieve. To pass underdressed with guy shirts, I choose an A cup. That still shows a bit, but I have some gynecomastia anyway, so it's not too different from my normal appearance. If the cup is too big, and underfilled, you will see lumpiness through the blouse. You can buy gel pads at bra sections in Sears or other places to give yourself a little boost for little money. Breast forms tend to be pricey, but sometimes that's the look people want. Try before you buy, if you can. Shop in small boutiques for personal service. However, recognize that your bra size may be so rare that it will only be available on line.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I don't know where you live, but if there is a Dress Barn in your area it would be a good place to go. They are very CD friendly and will help you select outfits and let you try them on. Prices are very good and you would come out with a complete outfit or wardrobe. Good Luck.

Samantha,
    Have you looked into any transformation/dressing services in your area? Many of them can help you with essentials and they can also help size you. If you mentioned approximately where you lived then I think many of us could give you suggestions on dressing/transformation studios.

Wow! some great advice! and Linda....thanks I never thought about a wig shedding! So I guess it is cash and carry at local thrift places....and trial and error. Make-up is going to be a challange too....but I have some time SheriM, I am close to you (5'11" 170) so perhaps we're close in size...but I measure a 38? (yeah, I got the tape)!

Renne I guess I will need something to sleep in as well - thanks. Krystal, Tina, Chastity and all...a big THANKS!

Wow! some great advice! and Linda....thanks I never thought about a wig shedding! So I guess it is cash and carry at local thrift places....and trial and error.
    I never did either untill I bought one and brushed it in the bathroom! Hairs on the floor, on the counter, in the sink, and in the brush. I had to clean the whole place up and then make it look like it hadn't been cleaned. You're going to have a lot of explaining to do if you have brown hair and your wife finds long blonde hairs in the house (or car).
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda