Thread: I made big accident on Facebook! Outed myself!

I made big accident on Facebook! Outed myself!

[SIZE="3"]Oh boy! For a few days, I was emailing a guy friend, I had not talked with in ages. We are in the same religious group. I have been gone for a few days, and finally tonight, got on my guy Facebook account. One little message, so, I decided to look at my profile! DING DING DING! I looked at my group of photos, and could not believe my eyes!! There , in front of me, was one of my dress up photos, with the guy photos!!! I fevereshly tried to find the way to delete it, but failed, so, I finally panicked and deactivated the account. Most of the people on there i talk to, are in the church i have been with. And, crossdressing is not accepted. I have not heard from my friend. If he saw that photo, he will not axccept it, I mean me. Oh well, my mistake. I still don't see how i uploaded that one. Oh well, life goes on a little longer.[/SIZE]

You can always say it was a Halloween pic or a joke.

Banned Read only
    Whoooooops, I hate when things like that happen!

On Hiatus
    Lol those in my church membership are essentially the only people who DON'T know I'm a cross dresser. If they were ever to see one of my photos, I'd take action along the lines of what Joan suggested.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Haha, my wife posted a picture of herself on her facebook page from this last week. It was posted for about 2 hours then she noticed on the left side I was half in the pic as Chastity. Dont think it was enough for anyone to make out, but that pic came down fast.

Sounds to me like it is time to seek out a more accepting church.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Most of the people on there i talk to, are in the church i have been with. And, crossdressing is not accepted. I have not heard from my friend. If he saw that photo, he will not axccept it, I mean me.

Why would one picture of you in a dress cause a friend to not talk to you or accept you?
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-30-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: I deleted the church comments. Please join the Religious Discussions section if you want to discuss your views on religion.

I finally reactivated, and deleted the photo. The church is an honorable, loving place, that upholds The law, and grace, and understands who America and the English speaking peoples, and other modern nations are, in biblical prophecy. Fascinating! However, men are to be masculine, and women feminine. That's where i have to hide cding, though two people do know. We just can't have everything we want, in life! Sarah Marie, you see what i mean. That is the reality. There are some friends, or associates, we just have to keep it secret from.

This scares me bigtime. I have always tried to cover my butt tho.

I wonder why people are members of any church that does not accept something they do. Be it crossdressing, smoking or drinking. If I can't abide by their narrow minded idea of right/wrong...good/bad or even their view or stance on abortion.
    I then in good conscious, can't be a part of that or most every church. I answer to a higher power then that of what these churches profess to follow, but don't.

No offense tree top, but I have to agree with the posters saying it is time to find a more accepting church. You see, the reason I say this is when power in numbers is granted to bigoted or closed groups, then they do not learn their lesson, and begin repressing. If you feel your views do not match that church (and they don't because you crossdress, and most likely do not follow the description of what "masculine" is.

One only needs to look at CHRIST'S teachings and see that there is no demarcation between what is masculine and feminine. He was also against the idea of people publicly praying.

Not being mean or anything, just think of myself, and the other being the ones on the outside looking in, seeing things that you are unable to see.

Remember, Jim Jones was very accepting of many....didn't mean his church was good.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Really, if there is a basic disconnect between what your church honors and the way you live then something's gotta give. It's not necessarily a case of right or wrong, just a mismatch. If you think your church is OK then it is you who are not in line and you either need to align your behavior or go somewhere else.

Same applies with any group. If you are diametrically opposed to the posture of your motorcycle club, reading circle, workplace or whatever, then an adjustment it needed. With you, with them, or with the association of you together.

Speaking personally, I'd go somewhere else.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't panic, TT. One pic up for a short time shouldn't be a problem. If anyone saw it and cares enuff to ask, "She's just a FRIEND"! End of conversation!

As far as "church" issues; u folks critical of TT's, need to understand churches these days r often MORE to do with socializing than preaching! If she enjoys being around her friends there, why should she give them all up because she wears a dress at home occasionally?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yeah, the best cover is to say it was a Halloween pic. No one tends to question that.

I understand about the church thing. If you have a church you like, it's worth it to stay, IMHO.

Like the song goes! ';sh---it happens! I don't need no church that doesn't except me for the way I am! 'If you don't like the way I'm livi'n you just leave this long haired country girl alone!'

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    ... these days r often MORE to do with socializing than preaching! If she enjoys being around her friends there, why should she give them all up because she wears a dress at home occasionally?
    Well, apparently that's not the case. Look at the post -

"The church is an honorable, loving place, that upholds The law, and grace, and understands who America and the English speaking peoples, and other modern nations are, in biblical prophecy."

Clearly she does not see this as a mere social group. She sees this as a group that has standards that she respects but cannot abide by. Why would anyone add more inner conflict in their own life when being trans (whether CD or TS) already presents issues to deal with? Why tolerate more problems when moving on would solve them?

Staying there means she is in the closet. If that's the way she wants it, no problem! Personally, I think a Gospel of love and freedom precludes my being closeted. If the church does not acknowledge that then it is their standard and should be respected, but that does not mean I should live in fear of who in my so-called loving group will discover my secret.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

It's always a reminder that whatever you post to the internet may stay there for an eternity.
    My early posts on yahoo mail to some yahoo groups attached both names to the email. When i did a search both came up.
    Lately, i was on my male facebook page and i almost added a post to one of my fav girls sites.
    Be cautious

Oh my, I would never attend a church where I had to fear being outed as a CD. But then again, I never go to church . Honestly if anyone who says they are your friend chooses to make a major deal out of it then they were never really a true friend to begin with. Surround yourself with people that accept the whole you and don't worry about what others may think!

Truth is, I have not been to church services for a year. I can't stand most "Christianity". I go to 12 step groups, and they are more life "church" to me. My biggest enemy now, is my tyrant, narcissistic, abusive, father, who thinks he is God.