Thread: Bad timing?

Bad timing?

Why does the increasing desire to crossdress (with age) coincide with a decreasing ability to look good in a skirt?

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Susie,
    As the age goes up, the hemline comes down.
    Rachael

Platinum Member
    I kinda know what you mean. Its been true for me as well as many if not most of us. I think first of all, we come to grips with who we are after what is often decades of trying to ignore, deny or "fix" ourselves. Then of course, life circumstances change - divorce, kids grow up and move, even retirement, meaning more time to indulge in the "forbidden" And I hope that as we get older we come to grips with who we are, accept ourselves and if possible are accepted by those dear to us. This last step is critical...if you're going to enjoy yourself.

And don't feel too bad about the aging skin, the poor muscle tone, etc. Lots of women look great at 50, 60 and 70. Not like 19 year olds, but still attractive.

I don't think it's the desire that increases, the desire's probably always there. Age probably only gives the courage and wisdom to go through with it and follow your desires more often.

I don't know. I think I look great in a skirt.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    The increasing desire comes with the decreasing testosterone!

All the above reasons.
    It's a sad state of affairs for us, isn't it. Here us older gals spent so much of our time in the closet because of shame and guilt. Right during the time when - if started at a young age - the most benefit of HRT would have been acquired. And if we weren't into HRT then at least we still would have been able to enjoy all the clothes and nice physical attributes that go along with youth (nice hair, smooth skin, stamina to stay out past 7:00pm to party!, etc.)
    Alas, by the time enough inroads into societal acceptance were made - here we are, all weathered and ready to be put out to pasture. I mean, come on, even the Gg's start to lose it. Sorry ladies - but none of us get to stay spring chickens forever. (Although, to me, some of you still look darn HOT!) The Gg's start to go through menopause and a lot start to get a more androgynous look due to the loss of estrogen. Of course for us CD's it makes it easier for us to blend. Small concession for loss of youth. (Yea, right.)
    I just hope all the young CD's dance on our graves in thanks, when we pass on to the big sales racks in the sky, for what we went through to help them.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    Susie,
    As the age goes up, the hemline comes down. Rachael
    That may be true for some! But I am 78 and wear short, or even mini, skirts quite often. Of course I fortunately have legs that would make most GG's happy!! I was a runner all 4 years of high school, and kept it up whenever possible even later. I don't run now because of a rather bad knee, but my legs still look much younger than I really am. When I was in my 20's I entered and won several competitions for leg shows! Most of the time I was the only male entered! BTW, I rarely wear a hemline much below my knees!! My late wife would not let me wear long skirts!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sad but true! The bright side though is as age goes up so does the I don't care attitude! I'm going to wear it anyway!

I think that mostly depends on if you need the approval of others or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm 63 (as of yesterday) but my problem isn't "as age goes up" its "as my waist line goes up" ... I really do need to get serious and lose a ton ... then I'd look a lot better in a dress or skirt! LOL

you and me both, joan

Yes Violet, I know at your age it must be hard to imagine, but for many of us, the desire does increase. I believe it may be hormone related, as I've aged I have stopped growing much hair on my legs, (I like that part) I've developed a A+ cup, without trying to. Strong sexual urges are waining, and I find myself much more emotional than I ever was, I used to be fine dressing on rare occasion, now I spend more time dressed as a woman, than I do as a man, and I need too, if I don't dress at least every few days I start to slip in to a depressed state, now days I never let it get worst than that, but I only really feel good about myself anymore, if I am dressed. I was never like this before I retired, so maybe part hormone, part opportunity, but definitely and increase in desire.
    Tina B.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I assume you're speaking for yourself, Susie?

I haven't been as thin or unmuscled as I am NOW, since I was 18! And, I'm over 60.
    Stop working out and start watching what u eat. It DOES require self discipline! But, when U see yourself in that tite, sexy outfit, it ALL BECOMES WORTH IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My legs still look fair ( to me at least ) despite the fact that I'm starting to get "up there" but why does the hair have to disappear from the top of my head and reappear in the nose and ears!?

A sad fact of life hun. But I wear them anyway.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angiemead12 View Post
    The increasing desire comes with the decreasing testosterone!
    I don't know about that -- my last "T" test last was 820 I am 65 and I want to play dress-up more than ever--!!!!!
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 04-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Just another of "Mother Nature's" mean tricks!
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I assume you're speaking for yourself, Susie?

I haven't been as thin or unmuscled as I am NOW, since I was 18! And, I'm over 60.
    Stop working out and start watching what u eat. It DOES require self discipline! But, when U see yourself in that tite, sexy outfit, it ALL BECOMES WORTH IT!
    Yes, I was speaking for myself, Doc, but also thought it was probably a shared experience.

Very interesting to get your input, as my primary immediate concern is my face. As far as I'm concerned my body is in pretty good shape, but recently I've been getting more aware that my head is the head of a middle aged man.

The problem with this is that my preferred dressing style, that makes me feel comfortable and relaxed is full female clothing, probably of a twenty something woman (flats, leggings, short skirt, feminine T-shirt) but - no forms, no bra, no makeup, no wig. You may be doubting this, but I think that when I was twenty something I would have looked OK like this. Hey, depending on my level of confidence I still sometimes think I look OK, but these days I suspect that I'm deluding myself, and if my confidence is low, then seeing myself in a mirror I see a ridiculous middle aged man in a skirt.

And this is the danger, because I would like the opportunity to go out dressed, at least once in a while. I don't feel the need to pass, I don't want to do the full wig and makeup thing because that wouldn't be me. However, it would be important to me, on some kind of objective scale, not to actually look ridiculous

I think that this means that I shall dress behind closed doors, enjoy the feeling, and not look in the mirror too often.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    If my desire to dress like a woman and look like a woman had been as strong 20yrs ago as they are now, perhaps I would have taken a diffrent path in life and who knows where and what I would be now...
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female