Thread: No girls allowed!

Complex Lolita...

No girls allowed!

[SIZE="2"]Just kidding – it’s April 1st, remember?

I was thinking today about my youth, a time when most boys used to congregate in a secret clubhouse, no doubt up a tree, in the woods, or in a hidden space set aside for boy stuff. Years later, as MtF crossdressers, we’re dressing like girls, or women, or females, yet we’re still meeting in our little hidden space set aside for boyish pleasure, discussing things we never would have dreamt of when we were young. I mean, many boys would put a “NO GIRLS ALLOWED” sign on the door, or entrance to the rudimentary man-cave, since girls were a complete mystery at the time...

After reading many recent threads and posts, I’m beginning to think girls are STILL a mystery to many boys, yet they carry on regardless with their own interpretation of crossdressing as if nothing has happened. Reading what GG’s have to say, I get the feeling boys are a mystery that cannot (or will not) be understood, and I can’t make up my mind whether or not females want to understand males, or if they wish to preserve the gender divide at all costs. Judging by some of the discussion I’ve read, it seems as though latent issues are being projected onto these largely innocent proceedings in an effort to reinforce one’s own stance or balance, the key to his or her existence. I see this coming from both sides, because, unfortunately, there are always TWO sides...

In my secret clubhouse, girls ARE allowed, especially if they believe in gender integration as opposed to gender separation. The truth is, I never joined the boys in their clubhouse years ago – they never let me be part of the club, or the gang, or the team, or the male mindset. In my outsider world, girls are allowed; indeed I could not exist without them. I don’t pretend to understand them, and I beg them to please not try to understand me – it’s a pointless exercise, since I don’t understand myself to begin with. The fact that I wear women’s clothing does not imply “oneness” with females, nor does it infer a connection with sensibilities at odds with my own. I merely dress to feel a certain way, and step away from being male from time to time – what male means to you and what male means to me may be two completely different things, but I digress...

I’ve met a lot of women in my life, from the ultra-intellectual college professor to the Western Kansas prairie hick, from the on-the-go realtor to the sedentary TV addict, from the pleasure-seeker who struggles with depression to the opinionated bigot who never got any, not to mention all of the women who have guided, nurtured, and taught me almost everything I know. That is NOT an April Fool’s Day joke – that’s how it is. I apologize for wearing clothes that were never meant for me, but I suppose I’m trying to get closer to something that has touched me deeply and continues to do so. My appearance is always second-hand, but my emotions are not...

At times I feel guilty for this caprice, borne of my own shyness and isolation, since crossdressing, in my case, does not cross the line far enough to justify reactions from females – I would be hurt if it did, since I do not wish to harm those I emulate (or those I base my emulation upon). However, it’s been many years since I began this journey into the interior, and I feel differently about females, girls, ladies, and women these days – it comes with age and experience, yet I feel myself returning to that blessed state before all of this gender separation began. The human qualities I admire are present, or not, in everyone I meet, regardless of whether they are male or female. I admire males (MtF’s) who are absent from controversial discussion about gender issues, meaning they are comfortable with themselves, and I admire GG’s who can give-and-take, yet be gentle with us alternative types. I learn something new here every day – it’s true. I stand corrected often, and I hope you are, too, because we need to get along for the good of the community...

"No girls allowed" -- how ridiculous!
    [/SIZE]

Frederique!

Well thought, and well said.

Thank you

hugs

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Frederique I applaud you for saying what so many of us think. Well I think so many of us do. I do. I thank you!!! I really needed to see that in words.
    Sarah

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Hey Freddy!

Wonderfully put, as usual. Some recent threads - and the attitudes therein - seriously boggle my mind. You can never understand someone else unless you first get rid of your preconceived notions. Some of us either cannot or will not. Sad, really. My sincere thanks go out to the women here who put up with us, though I think for them it must be equal parts head-bashing and entertainment sometimes.

Yes, I had a treehouse. It was the mother of all treehouses - connecting three large trees with six total 'rooms.' Were girls allowed? Heck yes! I have honored girls and women since I was very young, and continue to respect and include them to this day. I see so much good in them, that I can't help but want to be like them. If it weren't for laziness (cause face it - being a guy is pretty darn easy), I'm sure I would have taken my simple emulation to full-on transition long ago!

Kathi

Very beautifully written! Yes, I remember all of my friends doing that when i was little. I never did have a tree house, although I badly tried to get dad to build one between two massive willows we had in the yard. But...I did have a pretty bodacious box fort in the basement for a while...although, as memory serves, I only wanted the girls to come and play. I have always been fascinated by the fairer sex, and paid plenty of close attention to them. Maybe that says something. As for understanding one another. Well, that's a question best answered by others that are world's more intelligent than I.

I never had a treehouse, but a neighborhood friend and I, with his father's considerable help, built a very elaborate (but ground level) clubhouse in his back yard to have our daily "meetings." It had three or four rooms, a solid floor, door with a lock, glass windows, electric lights and a record player thanks to a power cord we ran over from the garage, just about everything except heat and running water. Girls were definitely welcome -- both Ricky and I tended to have more female than male friends -- but what we found was that they would poke their heads in once just to see what we were up to, but never came back or became "regulars" in our neighborhood activities. Sadly, it's hard to get the sexes to mix much at that age.

- Diane

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    All I can say is,...thank you for another great thread.
    A
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

One of the saddest, and shocking times in my young life was when the girl of my friends group was separated from us boys, and forbidden from being on our baseball team. I was so upset by that I nearly left the team. But I stayed. She soon drifted away thanks to the stupid and sexist rules.

I never understood the "no girls allowed" or "girls have cooties" and all that other nonsense.

I respect women and dislike how they are put on pedestals by so many.

I really dislike how women have been subjugated over time by men.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I do not like being put on a pedestal because it hurts when you fall off

On Hiatus
    I agree with Pythos' sentiments completely. However, I retain an archaic sense of gentlemanly chivalry in my boy mode (which I'm somewhat ashamed of). I often go out of my way to hold the door for a woman whereas I wouldn't do so for a male (and it's not generally to impress a member of the opposite sex when I do it for females), as if a woman NEEDS a man to hold the door for her or something. I generally try to be gentlemanly towards everyone regardless of gender, though.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Kathy
    I do not like being put on a pedestal because it hurts when you fall off.
    [SIZE="2"]I just wish to point out that I DO NOT place females, women or GG’s on a pedestal. As far as I’m concerned, they are standing next to me, or I am standing next to them, on equal ground. Here’s a nice quote:

“I’m no better than they are. And you are no better than I am. We’re all the same person.” (from Answered Prayers by Truman Capote)
    [/SIZE]

I also do not place anyone on pedestals. When it comes to women I have them on the same level as me. They are human beings, not objects, or deities. There are times, especially with the GG that I feel I may be coddling a bit, but man the scenarios just stink. If I do not help her in some of the situations she has been in she would lose her job, or her house. That is just not something I can allow to happen.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.