Thread: Spotted one of us in Brighton Michigan

Spotted one of us in Brighton Michigan

I was at Kohl's on Lee Road and US-23 in Brighton Michigan yesterday and saw a cd. Pretty passable, needed work on the breasts. They did not look right. I was with my wife so I could not approach her. Was it anyone on this forum?

No one that I know, but you Michiganer's need to can it because you're starting to make me home sick. Just playing I was born about ninety miles north of you in a little wide spot in the road called Gladwin.

Not me, but why would you want to approach her? I generally don't make it a habit to approach someone I don't know in a mall unless I have a definite reason, such ask the time, or directions. I would never just start a conversation with a person, about their gender status in the middle of a mall.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Well gee Tina.....I guess maybe to say hi, tell her she looked nice, let her know she has a local friend......you know...or maybe you don't....just plain be friendly.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Always the quandary. We want to reach out and make contact with one of our own, but a cold contact with an unknown person in public is scary for most of us. It would be nice to find a good reason to begin a conversation, and it seems that shopping could provide that opportunity sometimes. We get so accustomed to being solitary in this activity that unsolicited contact can be alarming. Someone let me know how to work this out one of these days.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm not trying to be a smart A-55, but is there really a right or wrong polite approach to this situation? I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out how would I have handled that situation because I honestly don't know.

A friend told me that CD'ers used to wear a rubber band on their left arm. It was a small gesture that no one would really pick up on unless you were a CD'er also and looking for it. Anyone else heard of ladies doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chastitycd View Post
    A friend told me that CD'ers used to wear a rubber band on their left arm. It was a small gesture that no one would really pick up on unless you were a CD'er also and looking for it. Anyone else heard of ladies doing this?
    I have heard of that, but I have never personally witnessed that outside of a Pride event I once attended. They had this color coded yelly bracelet thing, but it has been so long ago I don't remember what color ment what anymore.

That was me Karyn! What do you mean my breasts didn't look right?!?!!

Ha ha just kidding. : ) I had the same situation at VS a couple months ago. It was interesting because it was a cd'er with his two daughters, or so it appeared to be his teenage daughters. They were shopping together. How awesome. I too was with my supportive wife. We talked about the person and the situation but didn't feel the need to approach him/her. She seemed very content looking at the lacie panties. I didn't want to disturb her. lol

About 5 months ago there was a movement to wear a rubber band on the left wrist on Fridays, It lasted about 3 weeks before it died out. I agree there should be something but what is beyond me, how to keep it going when decieded on

Nope wasnt me- been a long time since I was in Brighton. I guess im one of those who would be afraid to aproach another person. I tend to be shy. I guess if you were close could just say hi or make small talk, though u dont want to say how long have u been dresing and find out its a GG! And I guess when ya think about it how many folks say hi to strangers and strike up a conversation? Oh well as I always say if ya see me be sure to say hi! Love to chat!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I have randomly and accidently come into contact with a few folks presenting as women (I say it this was as I don't know their actual status). The first time got me thinking about how to act, and I simply applied the usual rule, "how would I like to be approached". The answer, of course, would be to be approached as a woman with no reference to anything else.

The very next time was in a Starbucks in a reletively long line. I had time to ponder the woman in front of me, and suddenly I realized that the hands, some facial characteristics, and adams apple made me smile. When she put in her order, it was a passable voice, but a bit on the low side. After she put in her order she turned to me and smiled, I smiled, and we started chatting. It turned out she was just passing through and needed some directions, which I gave her. We chatted as we finally got served and headed outside. We exchanged pleasantries and she got into her car and was gone. It was a terrific experience from my side as I made sure I treated her specifically as the woman she was. She was clearly delighted to have a carefree conversation, get directions, and then move on with her day.

So, my advice is not to broach the idea of gender presentation and just treat her as the woman she wants to be. She will be happy and it will make your day to help her be happy!

tina

Oh, P.S., I was in drab heading into work that morning at Starbucks.

Banned Read only
    No one that I know, but you Michiganer's need to can it because you're starting to make me home sick. Just playing I was born about ninety miles north of you in a little wide spot in the road called Gladwin.
    Be careful what you wish for. Trust me, you do not want to be here. I spent the entire month of Feb in Florida. Walked the beach in Key West in a little rayon romper, and walked around the streets in sandals and a short little sun dress. Came home March 1st, and it's been partly to mostly sh1tty ever since, with occasional periods of extremely sh1tty. Right now it's 38 and raining/sleeting/snowing. And they got another foot of snow up north two weeks ago!

8rys, going on walkabout
    nope, I was no where near Brighton yesterday. But it iz always good to know there are a couple more of us out there.

I wasn't there either. The last time was to play golf at one of the park run courses off of 23. I don;t miss those wonderful Michigan Springs either!

I saw another once about 5 or 6 years ago at a mall in Burlington, VT. She was in the parking lot going to the car. It was before I started going to regular public places like the mall and resaraunts. I wanted so badly to approach and ask how she first got out, but I thought it was a bad idea to shout across the parking lot "Hey, you in the skirt!" Oh well. it'd be nice if there was a way to tell if someone were a CD and approachable. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Trust me, you do not want to be here. I spent the entire month of Feb in Florida. Walked the beach in Key West in a little rayon romper, and walked around the streets in sandals and a short little sun dress. Came home March 1st, and it's been partly to mostly sh1tty ever since, with occasional periods of extremely sh1tty. Right now it's 38 and raining/sleeting/snowing. And they got another foot of snow up north two weeks ago!
    I don't miss Michigan winters at all, but I do miss fishing in Houghton Lake and Higgins Lake and camping out up in the National Forest around Mio.

Platinum Member
    Last year I was in the wig store endrab and a CD was just finishing up I so wanted to talk to him but I thought better of it .

Orchid