Thread: Two Moments - One Happy, One Sad

Two Moments - One Happy, One Sad

Two moments from my day as a woman in Walnut Creek, a whitebread US suburb:

The happy moment came as I was on my way to lunch, we passed two women and I heard one say to the other, "I love her dress!"

The sad moment came later at a wigstore where I went to buy some shampoo, a woman was being fitted for her post-chemo wig. The staff was so kind and caring, and it occured to me that little wigstore probably is able to stay in business because of girls like us, so it can be there for women who really need them

You have stopped me and I'm really thinking of what you just wrote...

It is a happy moment to hear someone compliment you on your outfit...
    It still is a happy moment to see that little wig store stay in business to help someone in need...

Its all happy in my eyes...

Wonderful thoughts and observations Cissy. I like to think that as part of society we all do our little parts to make it all work. Thanks for posting.

Nice to be complimented on your outfit. Glad to hear it. Also, astute observation in the wig store. Perhaps society needs us more than they realize.

Platinum Member
    Thanks Cissy, That was a great story.

Orchid

I agree with you! Now excuse me while I have a happy moment thinking about you for your caring and your attitude! HUGS!!!!!

You deserve an extra hug for being who you are!

Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    You're a cool broad in my book. Great observation. I have 2 little wig stores I know and i never thought of them that way. You're right.

What a touching story. I guess the second is bittersweet, with the emphasis on the sweet. The staff at the wigstore sound like wonderful people, we should support places like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club