The real life test in my opinion was put in place not so much for the benefit of the transsexual but as an insurmountable barrier to surgery and hormones for those who do not pass perfectly. The requirements of the test are based in a binary supporting understanding. One has to adhere to living successfully ”as a female” in order to gain access to the relief that the system pretends to offer. I contend there are even cisgendered women who would have trouble living successfully as a woman if they had a penis and didn’t have the advantages of estrogen!

The test is weighted for failure to those whose ” looks” are less than traditionally feminine! It is a shallow approach. Just because someone does not possess a natural feminine exterior does not mean that that person does not possess a cross gendered identity for real. So in order to pass through this gate one must ultimately support and strenghthen the binary system. The very system that discriminates against those who would scale the walls and claim a right to exist peacefully as themselves!

The real life test is in place to protect the treatment professions far more than it protects for the treated. How many true cisgendered people will rush to have sex altering surgery and how many of the trans folk who have obtained surgery have regretted it? Who is being protected? If I can elect to have my face carved up and irrevocably changed to resemble my target Gender, a certainly visible statement, without a gate then why is it so difficult to rearrange my genitals that few would ever see?

Just sayin" Kelsy