Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On cops

On cops

I saw an episode of cops last night where a Las Vegas police officer had an encounter with a crossdresser. The officer was very polite and open minded. Wonder how many times that really happens and what he would have been like if not on camera? Billie Jean

You'd be surprised at how many officers are really gay/cd/ or even trans. I know I was....

The jackasses typically will make commentary once they're alone, but you have to remember, PD is ALWAYS being recorded...

Aspiring Member
    I am checking out at Walmart, in addition to the checkout lady the checkout superviser comes over and approaches me and engages me in a conversation. Simply, friendly stuff like "nice to see you again, how is the weather, what are you planning this week end" and while we are all talking a local police officer comes up behind me. As we are chatting, I turn and face him and inquire whether he is just starting his shift or ending? He joins in the conversation and chit chat with now the four of us just like we were old acquaintances. We were in one of those "under 20" item lines that are located right by the entrance/exit and during our time trading pleasantries, several people entered and exited.

Once again, fear strikes out and acceptance is demonstrated. By the way, I don't care if the people in law enforcement are straight or transgendered. On the most part, they like us, are just doing their jobs and doing the best they can all the other time.

That all boils down to what city you are in and the religious and political and other influences of that area. Here in the "South" you have to be very careful because there is pockets where the "old school" bigotry is still very much alive. It was only three years ago where a CD was severely beaten and left for dead and it too police nearly twenty minute to get there and a by stander called for EMS after the police were there doing nothing.

I have seen it both ways! You have your good cops, and your 'bad' cops!

I think as with any group of people you will have some that the others wish were not a part of the group! I am not sure I would enjoy being a police officer! The situation that they meet people for the first time seems to often be in a negative way such as issuing a ticket or other law enforcement activity! I am thinking it would be hard to stay positive about people after having to deal with that on a regular basis. Yes it is their job but they are people with feelings and social needs also.

For me I have found that I am treated as I treat others! So trying to be relaxed and smile as I enjoy my day out seems to bring a host of positive comments.

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    I saw an episode of cops last night where a Las Vegas police officer had an encounter with a crossdresser. The officer was very polite and open minded. Wonder how many times that really happens and what he would have been like if not on camera? Billie Jean
    I saw that also. I'm sure it was training. Not that he might not have been polite anyway but it was pretty obvious that he had bee through some training on how to deal with crossdressing or transgendered people.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Things are much more open and accepted in Vegas. Iv'e been there

Vegas is good like that.
    I had a pist a little while back kinda about this. I was in the backwoods of Gorgia and got stopped dressed from the head down. I quickly got clothes on over my fem clothes but some Girly things were still showing and I KNOW he noticed. Nothing was said or mentioned. After about 5 min of interaction I was able to adjust my clothes and hide it all. I got out of the ticket and had a happy day.
    Some are good!
    Some are bad!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kynw08 View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many officers are really gay/cd/ or even trans. I know I was....

The jackasses typically will make commentary once they're alone, but you have to remember, PD is ALWAYS being recorded...
    Just curious - what are you basing this on?.......personal experience, studies, 2nd hand info....

The department I was on had several gay or lesbian officers...and that was in the 70's though to the late 90's...

Your expected to treat everyone equally.....but that's only in theory....

There is bigoty and bias everywhere...it's human nature....more so in some areas than in others....

Cops will talk amoung themselves but not to the point you think...remember, we meet all kinds everyday of the year....and generally after a while we get to see it all!!!...

But now adays there's cameras everywhere as well....so I think in Vegas they're much more polite since it is a major tourist town.

Also genenrally if you don't start giving a cop an attitude you'll be OK. Once you give them an attitude expect it back in spades!!!!

Just my humble opinion and 26 years of experience....

But what do I know????
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 04-05-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

It is their job to protect and serve. This would include transgendered people. Yes, they are human but in this age they are supposed to be polite and professional no matter who they deal with. Vegas is no different than any major city. The officers are trained to do a job, that is what hey do and since wearing clothing is not against the law they really can't and should not do anything more than if you were any other person. You be polite, they be polite, you respond in a correct fashion, they will respond fairly. Being dressed in any fashion that is not lewd or overtly exposed is not illegal in the US (and other Western countries). Too many civil rights law suits now
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Here in Vancouver, Canada the police take LGBT issues seriously. It is against the law for anyone to harass another person because of sexual or gender orientation, in serious cases this is considered to be a hate crime. The LGBT community generally has a very positive view of the police and work with them to solve problems. There are many gay and lesbians officers working on the force and they always participate in our large pride parade. So very different from the late 1960s, a time that I still remember, when LGBT people were often harnessed and arrested by police for no reason at all.

I have been a cop for 23 years in a large city. Police don't care how you are dressed. They work with a diverse public and have seen it all so the contact will depend on why they are there and how you treat them. We will be professional and give you as much respect as you allow. Most police officers are good people and want to catch criminals, not harass people. I work in a conservative area but even the most conservative officers I know would not treat people poorly. Unfortunately there are a very few bad cops but we try to get rid of them because their actions affect how the public respond to us.

If thats the same episode I saw the officer did voice some displeasure when he had to 'pat' the suspect down. Can't say I blame him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    I've been pulled over and IDed by the police in just about every state I've bicycled through. They are just doing their job. They are polite and open minded because their job requires it. How they behave off the clock is their own business. Some may not be so polite and open minded after they have punched out at the end of their shift.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Well, last summer, my A/C was out and I was at home dressed. I went out for a cold drink, and as I left the 7/11 parking lot I forgot to put my headlights on. A cop was on me faster than you can say "tranny." He was professional and only did one dbl take when I handed over my license. He just said, "remember to put your lights on after dark." That was it, but I must admit that my mind was racing like crazy.

Aspiring Member
    Rember driving in full dress for fun. I was very careful

Banned Read only
    I've been pulled over and IDed by the police in just about every state I've bicycled through.
    What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    What's up with that?
    Just checking to make sure you aren't wanted usually. You'd be surprised how many felony arrests are made off things like that...

I can't believe you think an unlawful detention and interrogation is a cop "just doing his job." They have NO power to stop you or ask for ID without probable cause. These are your fundamental rights granted by the US Constitution.

Cops probably have to be more careful than others to avoid discrimination, as the police have a really bad reputation they're trying to change.

Also, obligatory reference to J. Edgar Hoover.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    Cops probably have to be more careful than others to avoid discrimination, as the police have a really bad reputation they're trying to change.
    Yes, and a well-deserved reputation at that. We know how cops behave when they know they're on camera. But we've seen far too many videos of outrageous, brutal behavior from cops who didn't know the camera was on. Others join in while others just watch but never seem to stop the pummeling. Where are all those good cops trying to rid their ranks of the bad ones? And have you noticed that the brutal cops always seem to get off. Despite diversity training, cops are people with prejudices and often use their power to abuse. I was raised to respect cops. Bad cops' behavior makes me trust none of them. If they want respect, they need to really clean out their ranks of thugs and not just claim to.

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    I was stopped by a New Jersey State Trooper on the NJ Turnpike and he was very polite and very composed. He didn't even bat an eye when he asked, " May I have your driver's license, registration and insurance card m'am. Hugs, Becky

There are probably about half a dozen reasons a cop well versed in traffic law could pull over and interview (notice I did not say interrogate- HUGE difference) any driver at any given time. It's been said a Texas state trooper only has to follow you for half a mile before he finds a reason to conduct a roadside interview- nothing unlawful about it, which is also a long long way away from being detained.