Thread: Long time closet girl may be going out for first time!!!

Smile Long time closet girl may be going out for first time!!!

I have been out a few years ago on halloween, but this will be the first time in daylight, in street clothes!! My cd friend wants me to go out with her in two weeks. She will lend me some of her clothes. To tell you all the truth, I am terrified!! I have read a lot of threads here about cds going out. I always found them interesting, but never thought it would apply to me. Well, I guess I will find out how brave I really am!! Wish me luck, and I am open to any advice from anyone here.

Good luck, Crissy! If this is what you really want then I see no problems; just do not let anyone bully you into doing something you are not ready for or want. Take it slow and as always, mind your P's and Q's

My advice is to keep reading~! It's really nice to go out and enjoy it! WHEN YOUR READY LET YOUR FRIEND LEAD YOU! Hugs!

The only advice is to simply go! Most of the horrors we imagine are MUCH worse than the reality. Your are not doing anything wrong. Enjoy yourself.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Just let it flow babe,,,,ENJOY!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Try getting your feet wet by taking a drive, maybe a fast food place as a
    trial run also. Go slow and have fun.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by StacyCD View Post
    The only advice is to simply go! Most of the horrors we imagine are MUCH worse than the reality. Your are not doing anything wrong. Enjoy yourself.
    I am sure you are right Stacy. We are planning on going to a gay club that I have gone to before, but that was halloween. My worse nightmare is being assalted, but that does seem to be very rare, even with girls who go out alot. I will be with someone, and we should be pretty safe. Thanks for all the advice so far!!!

I agree with Rader, go to a drive-thru if you dont want to go inside. Another thing to do is go to a publix, or another store with two entrances, walk in one end and exit the other. Above all act as if you own the place. Your first time out should not be long if you are apprenshive. Or just go for a ride walk around a parking lot if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen 812 View Post
    Another thing to do is go to a publix, or another store with two entrances, walk in one end and exit the other.
    OTOH, don't bring attention to yourself by moving too fast! Take your time, browse a bit, and enjoy yourself! Yes, some people may notice a male nuance, but they won't be able to tell for sure and in any case it would be impolite for them to make a scene. The only exceptions are children (who don't know any better), teens (who should know better, but are impulsive), and drunks. It is best to avoid all of these.

Have a great time!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aw let us know how it goes! I love hearing stories about outings

Good luck Crissy, whatever you do.

I can't give any advice as I have never been out. I'll be looking forward to reading your getting out thread.

Sal

If this does come off, I will tell you all about it. Try to get a pic in as well. Thanks for all the advice.

Only go out if it's what you really want, as others have advised. All of us have our comfort zones and they're all valid. There's absolutely nothing wrong with exclusively dressing at home.

Going out the first time is absolutely terrifying. If you are not totally scared and your heart is pounding when you go out the door you are not human. But soon you will calm down and start having fun.

I do not agree with those who advise staying in your "comfort zone." It is fun to stretch your boundaries as you venture out. Just get out there and do it, you're going to have fun!

Crissy, only you know when you are ready to step out. We can encourage you and give you such glowing responses but only you know if you are ready. Have some fun and be who you really are.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The only exceptions are children (who don't know any better), teens (who should know better, but are impulsive), and drunks. It is best to avoid all of these.
    That is a great advise Eryn.
    Last edited by sara.s; 04-20-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    Well, I guess I will find out how brave I really am!! Wish me luck, and I am open to any advice from anyone here.
    It is fun, and I envy you having a friend that'll help you out! The closest I've been to being out in public was going to a meeting at a local support group. And that was cheating, 'cuz I went into the building in guy mode and changed when i was in there.

I have had times when I walked out to the trash can while dressed. And driving around dressed: THAT was a thrill.

Best advice, when you are ready: take a deep breath and go. don't think about it, just take that first step. That's definitely the hardest part.

All I can say is GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN! Nothing wrong with what you do/wear and hopefully the experience will reinforce that for you so that you feel less nervous about the next time

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    Going out the first time is absolutely terrifying. If you are not totally scared and your heart is pounding when you go out the door you are not human. But soon you will calm down and start having fun.

I do not agree with those who advise staying in your "comfort zone." It is fun to stretch your boundaries as you venture out. Just get out there and do it, you're going to have fun!
    I agree, it's good to set goals even if small ones and each achievement gives you confidence to try more. You are lucky having friends to go with that will be a great help. You will be nervous, not terrified, but as soon as you see people don't really notice your confidence will rise and it's all great after that. look forward to hearing the results. Daniel

Thanks again to all who have posted. I did buy my first purse today!!! So I am on the way in a way!! It still will be a couple weeks yet, so I have time to get my nerve up. Thanks too for all the support!!!

Yes it is scary the first time, but remember how much fun you will have after you get over your fear. You could end up like me flying all over the US and spending entire weekends in different cities as Michelle
    Michelle

I wish I could relive my first time! One of the best days of my life. Wait till you get that first big double take from a guy or a huge Welcome To The Club look from a woman. GO GO GO! Enjoy evey minute and take lots of photos. We wanna see -um!
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

Shoulders back, chin up and smile! You'll be surprised how easy it is and how great you will feel!

My first outing was a disaster due to letting my g/f do my makeup and hair. I checked myself out the first time after leaving in a car mirror,, HORROR, OH HORROR !

Since then I do my makeup and hair and feel quite satisified with it..

I suggest a Night Outing first, daylight is tough for first timers..

Gluck
    Yolanda

Im sure it will all go great