Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How would you live if you were born Female ?

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Renee View Post
    On the other hand, I told my ex-wife that she should work and I should stay home because I was a much better mother and house keeper than she would ever be (which coincidently is one of the reasons she is now my ex)! I think I would love to challenge the "June Cleveers" and Martha Stewarts of the world .
    Um ... in light of your recent thread about your new SO, you're not still saying this, are you? I mean, it's OK to say you like to do housework more than she does, but a better mother? Ouch!
    Reine

I agree that after probably 2 or 3 I might have changed my mind. On the other hand, I told my ex-wife that she should work and I should stay home because I was a much better mother and house keeper than she would ever be (which coincidently is one of the reasons she is now my ex)! I think I would love to challenge the "June Cleveers" and Martha Stewarts of the world .
    My wife has always sworn up and down that I would make a better house wife than she does. NOTE - SHE says that - not me!~

On the other hand, you could not POSSIBLY pay me enough to quit my job and stay home with the children. I know that there is a lot of GG admiration going on around here, but I'm here to tell you that I would go absolutely freaking nuts if I had to stay home with my children all day and every day. Don't get me wrong, I love my babies, but I would kill someone (Maybe me) if I had to take care of them all day and every single day.
    A house wife, who takes care of her home, and engages and encourages her children, is nothing short of an angel sent from God above.
    We all have our talents, and our gifts from God. A woman who encourages her children, who sets the example and teaches her children, has a gift from God that should be cherished and admired. Most of us here admire women, but I'm telling you that there is nothing greater in the world, NOTHING that can possibly have a greater impact than a woman that is fully engaged in the education and upbringing or her children.
    As I sit here typing this drivel, I swear I have chills going up and down my spine. There is nothing greater in the world than a woman that is fully engaged in the upbringing and education of her children. If we really fancy ourselves as women, THIS is the ultimate goal . . .

On Hiatus
    If I were merely physically different, I'd probably act quite similarly, but I'd be able to display the entirety of my character, as I would no longer be socially obligated to repress a great deal of it.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Reine, I do not even remotely think that I could be a better mother or housekeeper than my current SO. This speaks both to how fantastic my SO really is and how little effort my ex wife put into things. I by no means meant that I would be better than all women either, but my ex wife set the bar rather low.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    As I sit here typing this drivel, I swear I have chills going up and down my spine. There is nothing greater in the world than a woman that is fully engaged in the upbringing and education of her children. If we really fancy ourselves as women, THIS is the ultimate goal . . .
    It's not drivel and I agree, it wasn't easy at least in the beginning (I had to adjust from having a rewarding and well paying career to becoming financially dependent on someone else). But it is something that most of us do grow into, and some of us even happily so. You would too, if circumstances dictated it.

But the hardest thing of all is to guard against losing the self-identity. I don't know how common this is but over the years I slowly began to think of myself as someone's wife and someone's mother. And when it all went away (divorce and loss of custody of my youngest), I found myself with a huge internal void that is difficult to fill. It is hard for me now to rediscover who I am and to reacquire the skills I need to pick up where I left off 25 years ago. Like I said this may not happen to every woman but it happened to me and if I could redo my life, I would have kept working. I think my boys would have been just as well-adjusted.

I by no means meant that I would be better than all women either, but my ex wife set the bar rather low.
    OK .. I misunderstood. I had a sister-in-law like that. She ended up abandoning her kids.
    Reine

Kim, YOU ARE SO ON IT and I agree completely! That is yet another one of the special things about my SO. She home schooled her eldest daughter who earned a scholarship to college and is home schooling her son too as well as taking care of the house. And if that is not enough, she went back to college herself and is a full time college student, she will complete her Sophmore year in about 3 weeks working on her education degree with an emphasis in Math. She is the epitome of woman to me, and I make sure I tell her every day.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    It's not drivel and I agree, it wasn't easy at least in the beginning (I had to adjust from having a rewarding and well paying career to becoming financially dependent on someone else). But it is something that most of us do grow into, and some of us even happily so. You would too, if circumstances dictated it.

But the hardest thing of all is to guard against losing the self-identity. I don't know how common this is but over the years I slowly began to think of myself as someone's wife and someone's mother. . . .
    All I can comment on is my own wifes experiences, but based on that, I'd say your purty normal Reine.

Here is the thing though - I go out and do my best for my company, working on the assumption that if I do well, so do they. If I am a decent human being, we can assume that this is a worth while goal. YOU on the other hand, devote time and effort to creating a decent human being. Do you really think that the two goals can be compared?! I make a living and an income. YOU make a human being. Can the two really be placed in the same category? I dont think so . . .
    Some mothers ignore their children, letting the TV babysit and entertain them, and that is a shame. On the other hand, there is nothing in the world more significant and wonderful than a mother who is engaged with her children, teaches them, and encourages them. . .
    If there was anything in the world that I would aspire to be, it would to be a good mother, one that encourages her children, that engages her children, and makes it exciting and interesting to learn.My God, what could possibly compare to this?

I often think it would be fun to be a real GG... I would wear skirts and dresses all the time and put on makeup... now I have to be careful where and when I dress out...

Actually the only thing I would change in my life if I could do the whole "snap my fingers" and be female tomorrow thing is.....dress differently? I would still be who I am, just express the feminine side of my life I have to hide now.

I'd probably still want to go to the police academy, I'd still fish/hunt/shoot/fly RC..... my own mother still does those. My attitude might change, but I am who I am.....not what my external experience does or doesn't match.