Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Big Outing - Into the Belly of the Beast

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar

My Big Outing - Into the Belly of the Beast

I have not really gone "out" in about 10 years. Oh sure I have gone out this year on Halloween, and driving recently and to a TG picnic, BUT I mean reeeeallllly out. Like trying to pass 100% as a normal girl. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. The last time I did it 10 years ago, my wife found everything a bit later and our marriage was never the same. Well now Amanda and I are free and Amanda wants to shop and be seen. She has been bottled up for so long. She is so fun loving and lives life in all of its glory. She wants to experience the real world. Smell the fragrances, see and touch the clothes, and just feel the freedom air on her face. I think I have done so much to lead to this point. My look has never been better, I think I have the voice down pat, I walk fine, my body language is girlie, everything. Now I have to take all of the advice and encouragement I got from you all on this site and use it. The moment I step into that mall, or other places I will draw on all of the power that you have given me. I will need it. I am scared but yet ready and thrilled. I HAVE to see if I am passable for real. I have to know. I just can't decide. I have a REALLY cute and sexy short sleeve suit with cute slightly heeled dress peep toe flats. I just don't know if I will be in context on a Saturday. Maybe I am coming from a weekend business thing, maybe I am a SA from a fine retail clothing store shopping. I am just afraid I will draw a teeny but more attention in that. I will do jeans, flats, a long shirt with a shrug over if I want to step down. I look fabulous in the suit though. Ahhhh! We will see.

I am going to attempt to check in on this thread throughout the day tomorrow (Saturday) and I will post pics on my Flickr site since that is the only way I can. Here is my link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/girlieamanda

I posted on page 3 the whole story of the details of the night.
    Last edited by GirlieAmanda; 04-10-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Details
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    get out there and have fun Amanda you will pass and have a great day

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I wish I was you! Good luck Amanda, I dont think you will have a problem except you may enjoy it to much!

You go girl... hope you have a great time and I'm sure you will. Can't wait to hear all about it! Hugs.

Banned Read only
    All you have to do is step out the door. Don't worry, the big bad world isn't going to eat you alive (well, I hope not anyway). I don't know your area but the short sleeve suit might put you out of place on a Saturday. However, don't let that stop you. Like you said, maybe you are coming from a weekend business meeting. The thing is to just get out there and have fun with it.

Have a great day hun, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of your big day

Amanda enjoy the day. Shop `til you drop hun. Do not worry about passing I think you got that one. If you did not live so far away I would go with you I need to get dressed today anyhow. Cannot wait to see piccies.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

You look wonderful!! I love your long hair!!! I wish I were young and skinny like you...

Hold your head up high, puff out your chest and walk like you own the world girl. And have a great time

With a look like yours you should have no problem. Go for It!!!

Wow you are really a beautiful looking person. If I had your looks and build I would never worry about being read while out. You always look so cute, but I have got to be honest your 1st and 3rd pictures are stunning. The black outfit is exquisite and as always your short blonde hair is awesome. I have the green eyed envy monster right now.

WAIT ! WAIT ! I need to go get my soda and popcorn. Then I can keep an eye on this thread the right way. I just love a show where you just know the ending is has to be wondwerful. I mean really... just look at the cast. You go girl! Have a great time.

You go girl! With your attitude you will 'pass'! But don't worry too much about passing! Just enjoy yourself! Hugs!

Amanda. To put it bluntly, you are stunning. I have seen your avatar on posts before and have taken you (and a few others) as the hallmark of what I want to achieve. I would consider myself to be a complete success to look half as beautiful as you do, as would most GG’s.

Pease post a video of how you do your eye make up!

The only negative response you could possibly encounter will be envy. You will turn heads and drop jaws. Please love every minute of it.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

Aspiring Member
    You go girl!

my only question amanda is are you really a cd and not a gg? lol
    you are 100% passable sis, great job!

Judging from your piccies, I'd say you'll do fine. You're very pretty, and you do a fabulous job on your makeup.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

The pics look great. I hope you have a great time.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Have fun, Amanda. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Either way you will look good and pass very well. Keep the nerves at bay, if possible and have a great time.

Can't wait to see the new pics!!!! Positive you'll pass!
    [SIGPIC]

Just call me Amanda GirlieAmanda's Avatar
    Oh no! Its the day of. Yikes. So nervous. I may have to take an Atavan. Just want to be calm and enjoy. BTW that Natural Glow cream works really well. My legs have improved and look a lot less ghosty. Still debating on the suit. Its so cute. It is in the 60s and overcast here. I will be going to a kind of more city suburban area. So maybe more business dress would be OK. Grrr. I hate to cover these legs now. Thank you for the encouragement. I feel I owe it a little to the girls who are not passable or are in a bad situation to go out and take full advantage of my situation. I hope I can lift someone's spirits a little.
    The phoenix has risen the old life is gone
    A new life to live has finally begun
    There is fun to be had and work to be done
    My beauty is radiant my freedom is won

You will be fine. Wear the jeans - not the suit
    Michelle

Hi Amanda,
    You are stunning. From all your pics, the only thing stopping you from enjoying your day out is you yourself. Enjoy this special day out and I'am waiting to see any additional pics.
    Alice

[SIZE="3"]Have great day girl. You will do just fine. Love your look.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, I looked at your shots on Flickr. If I EVER looked like you do, I'd be out there strutting myself EVERY day! You look fabulous. The only problem I see for you is swatting the guys away like flies. You're simply gorgeous. With your slender figure, I'd recommend any dress or skirt that falls several inches above the knee. Show those legs off. Any shorter the dress and you may attract too much attention. That may be for another weekend. Have fun!