Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husband Buys Her Clothes and Accessories

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar

Husband Buys Her Clothes and Accessories

I was on a business trip last week and had lunch with three or four women, all from my client's company.

I don't know how we got on to the topic but one of the women started talking about how her husband goes shopping for her and buys her clothes, shoes and accessories. The others were surprised and asked a lot of questions. I just listened and kept eating as this was going on. She talked about what good taste he has and how he manages to get her things that are just right, including jewelry and handbags and shoes.

When I got home, I told my wife about this (she knows about my crossdressing tendencies) and told her I think the woman is married to a crossdresser. My wife didn't think so.

What do people here think? Was she kind of hinting at this? I think she was.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    There are a lot of men in the fashion industry I understand, and certainly not every male with a flair for fashion is going to end up in the industry.

That said: I used to do a fair bit of shopping for my wife, but I wasn't a cross-dresser. Or at least I didn't know I was a cross-dresser... I was just "trying her clothes on" "to check the look" as far as I knew.

It could be either way, by the story that you tell...

I have always wanted and picked out clothing and shoes for my wife, and yes she knew once we were married that I was a crossdresser. This has gone on over the years, but unfortunately, even my wife says that Maria is more of a girly girl than her, and is still amazed that I can wear my heels with no problems. Several weeks ago, she commented on how I had chosen and purchased her new pair of shoes, and they were the hit at a party that we attended. I've never seen so many woman brought over, my wife asked to take off her shoes and let them try them on as several were able to fit them, and how my wife PROUDLY told them that I bought them without her knowledge. This led to several saying that they were taking me shopping with them, to which I laughed, smiled at my wife, and agreed to go.

On the other hand, maybe he just likes to pick out her clothes, and think...how many of us would complain that our wives brought something home for us to wear...a cute top, a sexy dress, or that killer pair of heels? I'm sure that it is the same reverse...I actually asked my wife, and she said that its great that I have the "eye" for clothes, since she doesn't know what to wear..she worked for the first 10 years for a company that only wore black pants and dark tops...and flat shoes - YUK ! I always would react and pick on the product, and say how boring and unfeminine that look is...her husband may just dislike a look such as that, and just want to change her...maybe he grew up only with sisters as I did?

just my thoughts....

Hm. I didn't know that actually happened, I thought that was just the excuse we use when we buy stuff!

Well, I can't say what the person is.
    I can say that I have been buying Jean's clothes and shoes since we were married!
    That has been over 20 years now.
    Her colleagues and her students are all the time making comments about her outfits.
    She has one student in particular that is always saying that she has killer shoes on.
    Does that make him a crossdresser?

I don't necessarily believe it either, perhaps you could bring it up again.....do a bit of detective work

There has to be a reason he's shopping for ladies clothes in the first place! Makes you wonder! Most women enjoy shopping for themselves!

I always said openly (I am a closeted CD, only my wife knows) that shopping is my female side. I love shopping, including my wife´s clothes. She does not have good taste for dressing, so I choose most of her wardrobe. Sometimes I traveled with female coworkers and went with them to do some shopping. I helped them look for stuff, sizes, good items on sale, etc. They said that I am the perfect shopping companion, and most of them commented that their husbands hate shopping.

I think there is a good chance he is a CD, if not has all the potential to be one of us.

Rachel
    Rachelf

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Okay..most of the previous posts are by those giving examples of shopping 'after' an SO is aware of her crossdressing, etc.

So with the question at hand, my first impression would be yes, he is a crossdresser or may open that door soon.. I'm basing this on the amount of shopping being done.. now that is just an opinion

Do men shop for women..yes.. I did it for girlfriends and wives..way before I even had an urge (beyond a sense of kink) to crossdress. But I did not make do it on a normal basis.. Mostly special occasions, holidays, or if I saw something that looked like it would work on her.

Now I'm assuming she was not with him during the shopping.. I have done that when a party or something of that nature was approaching, I have accompanied her for feedback and assistance.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

My take on all of this is not if her husband is a crossdresser but if you tell her or anyone else that he could be. Then they will assume that you are also. So if you don't mind them knowing about you and if you want to talk to this woman in private. Do so at your own risk. Personally when I hear something like you did I keep my feelings about it to myself. you never know what problems you can cause.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I say that alot of men have more taste than we give them credit for. if there is a problem, then it is in the variety of mens clothing from which to choose from. My SO says that I have the ability to pick out the classy clothes, whether they are male, or female. Hollywood makes men out to be gay if they have any fashion sense, and that is a load of crap. A CD with fashion sense is a lucky girl. So,... you go girl..., and get something nice to wear!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

There are some control freaks out there who want their woman to look a certain way...

My wife has good taste for the most part, so I learn from her.
    Chickie

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Maybe she was hinting, but knowing how well she knew the other women, hard to say, plus would she really hint with you at the table? If I had to place a bet, it would be YES he is.
    I always bought clothes for my wife when I was married even before she knew about my CD'ing, know at some point I would try them on. After she knew and I brought an outfit home, she usually let me try it on first.
    Rachael

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    My girlfriends always took me shopping with them once they found out that I had the ability not only to match outfits, but to remember that cute brown skirt five stores ago that would go perfect with the top they were looking at.

Fast-forward a few years. I meet a wonderful farm-girl. She makes her own clothes, buys her makeup from Avon, etc. Although charming - in a "Mary Ann" kind of way - it drives me nuts! Can you say, Extreme Makeover?!

Now, I choose and buy much of her clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. - not out of control, but out of love. She knows about me (obviously), and the rule is that when we are shopping for her, we are shopping for her. I can't even look, much less try on. Still, the SAs know me, and will say to me, "I saw you looking at that dress. You're right, it'll look fabulous on you. I'll put it on hold and you can come back tomorrow."

Kathi

About a month ago I dropped my wife and friend off at the salon while i went out to do some errands, I wanted to look for some new shoes (male), as I was there they announced a special sale on some tennis shoes my wife was looking at in their ad, so I picked her up a pair. When I arrived back at the salon and told her, her friend and the stylist were suprised that as a guy i even knew what size to buy.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I don't think I ever bought my late wife a purse or shoes unless I knew that she had already picked the item out!! But as far as clothing was concerned, in the almost 50 years we were together I would say that I probably bought at least 70 to 80% of her clothes. And I don't mean just paying for them! I picked them out!! She knew that I was a CD when we married, and liked my taste in clothes better than her own! Add to that the fact that I always looked on the sale racks for good bargains!! Unfortunately, my late wife was a size 12 Petite while I am size 16 and not at all Petite, so we could not share clothes!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I would not assume that he is a CD. There are many men who have great fashion sense and like to buy things for their SO. I would watch and listen to see if there might be other "clues" given by her as to whether or not he might be a CD.
    Hugs, Carole

My Dad use to buy outfits for my Mom all the time. Very definitely NOT a CD!
    You want to wear a WHAT??

I grew up in an era when, whatever his stripe, this was required knowledge for a gentleman. I remember, many years ago during the holiday season, when I spotted a suede jacket displayed on the wall of a large store in a high end district at a distance of about 50 yards. It looked perfect for my SO (who had told me she was looking for something similar), so I went in, confirmed the size and the all-over quality, found the price was something affordable (this was the peak earning season for the profession I was in) and purchased it. My SO was delighted and wanted to know how I was able to find something so perfect for her, not only in style, but also size (it fit her like a glove). "Oh, I just eyeballed it." I told her.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My ex used to have very good taste and was definitely not a CD either. I don't know that he would have enjoyed being in charge of my wardrobe, however. I don't even think my SO would like this job.

Also, I think it takes a special woman to relinquish all control of her wardrobe to someone else, even if it is a professional!
    Reine

Platinum Member
    I can't imagine ever being so presumptuous as to control my wife's wardrobe. I'm happily married, and would prefer to stay that way!

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I had a boss that I worked for a long time ago. He controlled every aspect of his life and those around him.( One reason I did not stay with him and his company!) One day his wife needed some art work done for her club she belonged and I was told to accommodate her. While I was meeting with her I complimented her on what she was wearing. She told me her husband had picked it out, in fact she said he gets me everything I need. She told me she doesn't have any in put as to anything in her life. He controls everything. She sounded bitter when she said that, and realized how bad it sounded. She begged me not to say anything to her husband about our conversation. My heart went out to her and thought what a lousy life she must have. But that was her choice. My wife gets things from me all the time when I shop for Shaylee and see something that I think she might like. She likes my taste in clothes that I get her. When she didn't know about Shaylee she didn't get anything except the special occasion that come around annually. She said the best thing that happened in out relationship happened after I came out to her.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Yeap, he is, cause I do that all the times while I'm traveling without her, but then again, I use the same excuse to buy things for Ericka.

Hugs, Ericka.
    She's back

Just to be a little clear.
    I don't "control" anything about my wife.
    If she didn't like what I get or do for her, she wouldn't get things.
    She did enjoy the shoes that I got for her yesterday.
    OH! She really liked the ring that I bought when I stopped at the jewelry store on the way home from the shoe store.

I think The Conversation had a lot more to do with her gloating to her friends about what a thoughtful guy her husband is, and that he often buys her little presents to prove his Love. Women find that VERY Romantic, so she's going to appreciate and brag to her Bud's. Some of us might learn something from his efforts!

Whether he is TG or not, DON'T be asking him about it. I would say The Odds are better than 50/50, that he's just a very good husband, and still cares about The Relationship. I will reiterate: "When's The Last Time, you bought your wife something on a whim?" Want to get "talked about" during luncheon conversations. You now have your answer!

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS: Just thought of something, so that nobody gets confused. A "Thoughtful Personal Present" is NOT ****ty Lingerie. She will not be talking nicely about you to her friends, if you do that!
    Last edited by sterling12; 04-14-2011 at 10:10 PM.