Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will I crossdress forever?

Will I crossdress forever?

I was wondering how long will I keep the erge to crossdress. Will it be to my 60's, 70's, even my 80's ? I would be interested to hear from any mature cd's to get an idea of whats to come.

theres not douby it will prob be forever it never goes completly away xx

I often wonder what will happen when I'm old, if I end up in a nursing home. I can't see the aides being very accommodating to my desire to dress......

Yes from what I have witnessed it is a life long part of you.

the good news is you have so many more people learning and accepting the bi gendered in society and you are protected by law your rights to be you.

Best to you
    Presh GG

Who knows what the future will bring. I doubt the desire will ever go away, but your circumstances may change for the worse. So enjoy every minute of it now, and worry about the future when it gets here. I know several girls in their 70s who are still very actively dressing and loving it.

Started when I was 5, hit it hard at 18 and then again at 24. Continued with Renne from 24-35 and now at a 15 year break am still going stong..... Here's to the second 50 years....

Renne.....

It seems to me the older I get, the stronger the desire gets! For ever gets here too quick! So the answer for me is a happy yes!

I'm 59 and the urge is as strong or stronger than it's ever been. I dress for gender identity reasons, can't comment about dressing for any other reasons.

I know of a local CD who is now in her 80's. It never goes away.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Crossdressing forever, huh? That sounds great to me, and is my plan! I simply can't imagine it any other way!

My SO told me she always thought it would go away after middle age. Now she sees it as a part of her that does not go away.

I guess she used to think of it as what she does and now she sees it as a part of who she is.
    Reine

I will stop the day i feel i am not passable enough. But i am not sure that day ever will come.

You can stop anytime you really want to. But you won't find any quitters here. They're long gone.

I think I agree with ninapuella. I think my mind is set on either transitioning, or keeping this a secret until I can't pass any longer. /shrug

Not really sure though.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Forever is a very long time. If it means anything, I'm planning on having my heirs clean out my closet and take what they want, leaving the rest to the local support group. I have no idea what my options will be after that.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

A lot depends on whether it is a choice or a compulsion. If it is a choice, not necessarily.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Who knows? I did not start until well into my 60's and now at 69 (tomorrow) I going stronger than ever. I don;'t see an end in sight at this point.

The most likely answer is that you will want to CD "forever". Whether or not you will be physically able to do so due to circumstances, health, whatever remains to be seen. My earliest recollection of actually wearing women's clothing is about 65 yrs. ago. "You do the math"!
    Hugs, Carole

Started when i was about 6 or 7.....now 56 and the desire is stronger than ever.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Hopefully I dont qualify as mature (god no) just yet but I find myself wondering this very same thing,though Im sure ill always have the urge,I do see myself looking at old ladies and wondering do I see me at that age,all elastic waists and clumpy shoes,maybe ll regress back into less age appropriate clothing just to keep me feeling young at heart,of course we dont know whats in store for us in later life
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Your urge to crossdress will end if and when you transition. That's my take on that.

Gold Member
    First off, we are all different. Secondly, you don't say what your driver is that makes you dress. Those that feel between genders are not likely to quit as it is part of their make-up (ouch). But there are various reasons for dressing although some are in the minority. If there is one thing that you learn around here is that you cannot bunch us together in any way and that includes bunching us together in a group that cannot quit.

So congratulations, you are on your way to the same thing the rest of us have to figure out, who are you? You can't judge yourself by others, it just isn't that simple. But there are commonalities and you may find that you are in with the masses. But define yourself by how you feel and not by how everyone else feels.

Me I started dressing at around 6 years old, 61 years latter I have a stronger desire to dress than at anytime in my life. If I quit dressing just because I didn't pass, I would have quit years ago. I have always been driven to dress, never felt it was a choice, and it is no more a choice now than at anytime in my life. If they won't let me dress in the nursing home, just let me die on the street, it would kill me anyway!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have wanted to dress since I was about 5 yrs old. At about 18 I thought the desire would pass when I matured and really thought it would go away when I reached 50 -- but guess what it's worse than ever and I just resigned myself to the fact that it won't go away .... Huggs Debra

Gold Member
    I started when I was 4 or 5, Now 60 years later, I have lots more time to enjoy
    what I do and wear what I want to.
    Rader

I always assumed that i would grow out of it but it has not happened yet so now i assume it will not go away , i have less time to do it now and have noticed that the anxiety of not doing it is just the same as say 10-15 years ago .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne