Thread: Don't worry, be happy

Smile Don't worry, be happy

I read a lot of posts, especially from new members, about how hard it is to cross threshholds--out in public, out to friends, out to family, ...

Once again today I was out in public--at a professional seminar--wearing the standard American unisex outfit--polo shirt, jeans, trainers, laptop-bag. In my case, girl jeans & trainers, boy polo, boy mustache, purse as laptop bag. Nobody noticed, I'm sure, certainly no one made any remark. At happy hour afterward I chatted with many people, exchanged business cards, saw old acquaintances from other places, complimented the best-dressed girl on raising the bar from American-slob-standard. Ok, a couple of glasses of wine helped. When the crowd broke up, I changed into skirt, ballet flats, girl's t-shirt revealing my necklace, and added gel pads to the bra I had been wearing all along. Then asked the hostess if I could help with clean-up--just as any well-brought-up girl would in that situation. The hostess was delighted to get a hand, and we made short work of putting everything away and had a nice chat about our dogs in the process.

Moral of the story--girlie is as girlie does. If you want to be a girl, be as nice as any girl would be and don't worry about looking like the ugly duckling. Girls just want to have fun, and almost none of us get to be the queen of the prom. You're in good company if you behave like good company!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Agreed, its good to be nice... No if I can only find my way out of this closet and go and be nice to someone..... LOL..

Renne...

Nice story! Acceptance is often how you make it..as your story shows.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Ilove it, just be who we are

Very good advice! Be proud of who you are! MY MOTTO IS :PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE:!Hugs!