Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when it happens?

I'm a social klutz so I probably would not realize I was being hit on until much later. My thoughts a few years ago before I really became comfortable with myself would have been shock and fear, but now I respect others for what they are and I would be flattered. It doesn't matter what they think because I am secure in my own sexuality. In fact, maybe I'm a tease, but I'm so facinated by the reactions people have based only on my appearance that I would tend to have some fun with them...but no going beyond any short social conversation. For example, in a bar my wife and I were chatted up and we just let the guy talk with us and another guy was just a clown but friendly and he said he would bump and grind with us on the dance floor... a little fun is okay, but keep your hands off and it ends there.
    Chickie

I've been out 3x and been hit on 3x. It makes me very uncomfortable. The first time the guy just said hi and I said hi back but my GF got bent out of shape because I brushed my hair out of my face in a Flirty way. I did not mean to. So we talked about how to handle it the next time. And I had my opportunity.

We were at a TG bar outside having a beer. This guy walks past me then says "wow!" And puts his hand on my lower back and asks my name. I did NOT like being touched and forced to converse. I said, "I'm straight."

He's like, "that's cool, I'm Kevin." And sticks his hand out to shake. I shake it and say my name and he takes off. I hated every minute of it.

The last time, we went to a gay country bar. When I asked for a beer, the bartender asked our names then as I say mine, going to shake, he kisses my freaking hand. I felt whiskers! It grossed me out. I want guys to just leave me the F alone.

Banned Read only
    I'm an in-home cross dresser or at best take a drive or walk at night. As a straight male I have been approached by men. If I was so inclined, some would have been interesting. Some were obvious perverts. What really got me upset was a gay guy sizing up my minor son at a mall. The only thing that saved his sorry butt was having my young daughter in tow. Otherwise I would have beat the crap out of him. There is a time and place for everything. Hitting on anybody other than in a pick up environment is not classy. A smile is enough. Cat calls and above are not welcomed.

If I was passable I would take the gentled nod and smile as a compliment.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    I've only been hit on once, the guy was drunk and I was in fancy dress for a chairty event, to which my ex-wife and friends thought was very funny!

These days i just get stared at, to which my GF just stares back, she's got one mean stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

I wish I got hit on more... then again... should probably just go out more and I will! But I'm an attention addict, and obviously don't represent the majority of people here.
    With love,
    - Celes

I was at Jacques in Boston once and this guy wouldn't stop hitting on me. I had been there a few times alone before, but he really honed in on me and kept propositioning me.
    While it felt complimentary at first, it became a bit creepy as he wouldn't take no for an answer. When he offered me money, I had to tell him that I wasn't gong to talk to him anymore.
    He eventually gave up and moved on. I made it out of there and into a cab safely, later on. Looking back, I wonder if he wasn't a plain clothes cop, trying to bust me for prostitution.
    Since then, I've only gone there with my gg friend.

Big thread! I haven't managed to read it all as I have limited time, but I do want to contribute...

I only do this site as it has been all I have needed, but I have been hit upon once by one of us, which was wierd, if polite...

I don't openly court this stuff, but I do relate to things as they happen. On several external venturings I did get some notice... but I just assumed they has sussed me as a CD.. it never occurred to me that I might have been hit on.

So now to the theoretical... forgive me but I am an academic... I would like to be hit on in a nice way... not the full on meat adventure that lots of guys seem to do.. and now to the admission...

I have registered on ONE site as a female to see (from an academic viewpoint) how I get hit on and I have got to say it is awful! Maybe I am just way too old... but the crap that girls get from "blokes" I find awesome... It is a real experience that has totally shaped my attitiudes to gender interaction. I may have used subterfuge and it certainly wasn't good academic research, but the result shocked me, as in my whole male existence I have never treated women like this.. and now the big issue

If this is how males treat women in the general "out there world", is there any reason why they shouldn't be castrtaed and generally speaking done away with? OK radical...sorry Reine!.. but you KNOW what I mean!

I am really glad I have been a protective person over the years with my family...

Hmmm... not sure if I have just taken this off thread!?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Uncomfortable to the say the least.
    Michelle

I've never been asked for a date, except online, but I've had admiring looks, and I've noticed when guys on the street have checked out my legs. I take it as a compliment and leave it at that. Online I've had a few guys want to date me, not knowing I'm not exactly as I appear. At least one guy I know pinned up a picture of me in his office cubicle. Some of these guys seem to be older guys just looking for feminine company and if I can make them feel good, that's OK.

Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    If this is how males treat women in the general "out there world", is there any reason why they shouldn't be castrtaed and generally speaking done away with? OK radical...sorry Reine!.. but you KNOW what I mean!
    Hmmm ... Now, there's a thought!

But seriously, we're taught from an early age to not put ourselves in compromising situations in order to avoid unpleasant come-ons. The measures differ depending on the culture and generation, but even here among the under 25 year olds there is the idea that you will be treated like a "skank" (as one liberal-minded, young art-class mate told me recently), if you go out dressed like one.

If a girl wants undue attention, all she has to do is make herself a target with the type of clothing and makeup she chooses, or where she chooses to hang-out, and this includes putting herself out there on the internet. It's not rocket science.

And the vibes that someone gives out speak even louder than the makeup, clothes, or choice of hang-outs. If a girl wants to be noticed, she is constantly checking to see if she IS being noticed and this includes checking out the guys who are in the proximity. This sends out the "look at me, I'm available" signals.

Girls do know how to avoid the attention if they don't want it. It's not 100% fool-proof (there is the rare guy with the huge ego who cannot read social cues), but for the most part, women who don't want to be propositioned manage quite nicely to go to the grocery store in peace.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Reine

I understand where you are coming from. I get hit on quite frequently when I'm out. It used to bother me, but now I have learned to accept the fact that I am presenting myself that way, so why should I expect it to be any different. At the end of the day it feels good just from the standpoint that I pulled it off, I really look like an atractive women, what could be better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessac48 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from. I get hit on quite frequently when I'm out. It used to bother me, but now I have learned to accept the fact that I am presenting myself that way, so why should I expect it to be any different. At the end of the day it feels good just from the standpoint that I pulled it off, I really look like an atractive women, what could be better than that?
    Vanessa, thanks for being candid, and I'm glad you're enjoying yourself when you go out!

I'm sure you are very attractive, but I want to point something out to you and others: getting hit on is less a function of attractiveness than it is perceived availability. A girl who is not beautiful (face or body-wise) but who is bold and sends out the right signals will get a lot more attention than the beautiful, demure, wall flower.
    Reine

From my perspective it all depends on the circumstances.

If I'm at a bar where there are fiftyish G-Girls hanging out, and I'm hit on by a guy who could also chase them, then I'm thrilled when he comes on to me instead. I have no illusions that but for the darkness of Manhattan bars in general, and the alcohol-consumed factor, that I'd be very attractive, but it is fun. To paraphrase ReineD's comments, if you're bold, flirty a bit tarty, and project the aura of availability, then you will attract interest if that is your intent. I fondly remember being at a dark, smokey bar at a ski lodge during the winter solstice period, wearing a pair of stretchy ski pants and a bright red parka, and joking with the bartender when a guy joined in and came on to me. Harmless fun, and I got a couple of drinks free in exchange for a bit of slightly ribald banter.

If a hetero CD'er enters a bar or place like that on Thursday or Friday night, when the Meat Market business is going to be in full swing, then I think they're being hyper-sensitive if some male who is playing the game makes a pass. They should go watch another season of Sex and the City re-runs.

On the other hand, there are just circumstances where flirting or making comments just isn't appropriate at all. It hasn't happened, but I'm sure that if some guy came on to me on the subway then I would not be happy. It's the 'invasion of my space' issue that is involved. The worst I've dealt with is when I was a bit tipsy at three/three-thirty a.m. and a limo driver offered to waive the fare if .....well you can guess that one . Declined, and it did scare me and upset me. Other scary and upsetting incidents have involved getting propositioned by 'straight' guys who wanted me when I was in masculine mode. There's a lot more of that going on than most people would imagine. May the Prime Mover Unmoved never permit the wives to know what their suburbanite husbands are doing at business conventions and seminars!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 04-22-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: too much info

I love it it makes me feel wanted and sexy and had a few great dates and looking forward to more.
    Mistybtm

kc but travel alot for work to NE mostly but also west coast
    i take it as a compliment and like it if a guy hits on me. even before when i was totally straight, i thought it was awesome if i guy considered me attractive enough to hit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    I'm with Reine, Lucy.

If I weren't happily married to Tea, I'd consider you a real catch because you are so kind to the women.... Well I still do , but you know what I mean.

Presh GG
    That is both sweet and flattering ... Thanks Presh , very nice of you to say..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Like someone said, It comes with the territory. I take it as a compliment and I keep moving. Im straight, but I do present as female some times, so its going to happen, and I just go with it....THats my 2 cents....

Like it says in the song......."The girls all get prettier at closing time!"

Ignore them. I made the mistake a few times being nice but not showing interest back. I was stalked for weeks afterward. Never again. I CD because I love girls too much, and that being dressed kinda meshes my male/female ego together and it's much like being with a girl but no hassle involved. IF that makes any sense lol.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    As long as the compliments are tasteful and not vulgar, creepy, or perverted. I like recieving compliments from anyone GM or GG.

Same while in male mode a compliment is a compliment be it from guy or girl and my massive inflated male ego enjoys every minute of it. I do not hide the fact that I'm married and my love and affection is centered towards the "Mrs." and the "Mrs." only and will be so until the end of time.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    I would love to look good enough as a woman for a straight guy to hit on me. I am straight, but not at all homophobic, so I don't even care if people think I might be gay or trans. Only my wife needs to know. For anyone else, of any gender, I can just tell them I am taken.
    I think I'm in the same boat, if i was dressed and got a compliment or classy hit, I'd just say thanks but no thanks. i have been hit on while in drab ( but in bike tights, I assume he thought I was gay ) i just gently brushed him off.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I am really after the guys. There are a few creepy ones out there but when a nice one hit on me I take as a compliment..I think being hit on goes with the territory when we represent ourselves as ladies... I am gay but to be honest I used to creep out when other cd's used to hit on me because I am not into them or gg's ..now I just take it also as a compliment as long it doesn't get too creepy.
    I can't agree with you more. You've summed up my feelings all too well.

[SIZE=4]I have been doing this for quite a long time, and yes, I have had men hit on me. I generally think of it as a compliment, unless they are just creeps. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I work in front of a big glass window doing hair most of the day. I have had guys walk by, back up, stare, and now and then, have one come through the door to talk with me. I appreciate that they think I look good and that I was able to get their attention, but it all depends on how they handle themselves. A nice guy can talk with me all he wants if I am receptive. They will find out quickly enough that I am not interested in any action with them. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Those men that think a compliment buys them intimate time with me are woefully dissappointed. On my work station I have some plaques and a few trophies from my Karate and other martial arts activities. If the guy is a creep I simply ask him to leave or I assist him to the door.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]A male friend years ago would simply walk up to attractive women and ask them to bed. I never saw him have any success and asking him why he did it, her replied, "Out of every 100 women I ask, at least 4 comply. How are your odds?" What a hole! But, he was right. Many women are desperate for attention, as are men, and will respond to some men's advances. (Men on the other hand will repond about 97.777% of the time...)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]All women, and I think I am fairly right on the statement, will get hit on in their lifetime. Many times by creeps, but occassionally by a nice guy. It is up to the woman to sort out the keepers from the others, that is if they are looking for.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Chun-Li View Post
    Ignore them. I made the mistake a few times being nice but not showing interest back. I was stalked for weeks afterward. Never again. I CD because I love girls too much, and that being dressed kinda meshes my male/female ego together and it's much like being with a girl but no hassle involved. IF that makes any sense lol.

I can totally relate, that is exactly how I feel and why I dress. I am so into women that I want to emulate them.

The only people who have hit on me while dressed were GGs. One told me that she liked girls but thought my outfit was great on me. The other was a little drunk to say the least but I still enjoyed them flirting with me. Billie Jean