Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone notice you seem to be more feminine ?

Does anyone notice you seem to be more feminine ?

Just noticed my fingernails are probably longer than any of the the girls at the office,I better cut them Monday morning before i get called on it. I got asked several months ago by a female coworker if i waxed my eyebrows because i had them so thin and feminine.They probably have guessed i crossdress but haven't said anything.
    I wear a very very light powder makeup everyday and nobody has seemed to have noticed or commented.

I have been more feminine at work, including carrying a purse to work that can barely pass as a "men's shoulder bag". I'm sure people have noticed, but so far no comments. But, I work in science, and there actually a few European men that carry actual men's bags, so people are more used to some diversity. I thunk it is good to expose people to your feminine side, so that if they do find out you CD, it will not be a big surprise.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Silver Member
    They probably won't think you are a crossdresser, they will probably think you are gay (remember, the average person doesn't know the difference.)

Hi Barbara! Just curious, but did the thought ever occur to you that you may want to be caught or asked about it? If you are waxing your eyebrows, wearing powder makeup everyday, and keeping your nails longer than female coworkers, it seems to me that you may subconciously want others to know or figure out that you are a crossdresser. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just an observation you may want to consider.

I have been asked many times if I was gay because I am more feminine. I usually just shrug and let them wonder. Sometimes I will ask if it makes a difference if I am or not. That usually gets them sputtering something about just being curious. Nosy is more like it.

Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by brandi View Post
    I have been asked many times if I was gay because I am more feminine. I usually just shrug and let them wonder. Sometimes I will ask if it makes a difference if I am or not. That usually gets them sputtering something about just being curious. Nosy is more like it.

Brandi
    I get this from time to time at work, it's fairly well known that I don't date or anything, and some of the guys want to push me into the dating world, I think they just want to figure out if I'm gay or not, one guy was convinced I was dating a girl, but he was jumping to conclusions... honestly, I'm just not interested in getting out there. any on the topic at hand. I am growning out my hair, paint my nail with a base clear matte nail polish, and I gro out my nail, I started recently filing my nails. no one has mentioned a thing.

Aspiring Member
    I’m not really more “Feminine” when in male mode. What I get the strange looks about is when I mention some of the things I do around the house. For example, I’ve slipped and said things like …. “I’ve got a ton of laundry to do this evening” , or…. I’m going to dust the living room this evening” ….. Most of the guys I work with are used to these slips of the tongue from me, but occasionally I’ll get a funny look or comment forma co-worker.

Danielle

I ampretty femininein male mode, thin arched waxed eyebrows, small hoop ear rings, long arylic nails, girls tight low rise stretch jeans, girls shirts, and of course bra and panties, I am 64 and don't care most of the girls at work know I dress.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    I don't think that they notice it as much as I notice it, or rather worry about it. A guy at work asked me about cup sizes on a girl he saw. And I told him what she was. And then I proceeded to explain how a bra size is measured. One of my female coworker came up and was amazed that I knew so much and that I could correctly tell what size she was.

But for some reason no one ever asks me why I know so much.

My wife of course lol.....also awhile back went skiing with a male buddy who said he was disgusted with the length of my nails. Tough booty.

I've had one of my GG friends say something to me last weekend. She said I appeared much more feminine. I asked what she saw. She said both ears pierced, shaped eye brows, longer nails that had clear polish. Then I showed her my bright red toes. She smiled and said they looked quite nice and said I could come over anytime en femme and that we should go shopping sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    Hi Barbara! Just curious, but did the thought ever occur to you that you may want to be caught or asked about it? If you are waxing your eyebrows, wearing powder makeup everyday, and keeping your nails longer than female coworkers, it seems to me that you may subconciously want others to know or figure out that you are a crossdresser. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just an observation you may want to consider.
    I have to wonder if Anne isn't right! Many times I think we do this without realizing it! And I see nothing wrong with it! I think its great!

That is one advantage to being self employed, aside from my clientele (which I'm almost ready to tell to go to some place that starts with H and kind of rhymes with clientele) I don't care what the people at the office think. If I'm ever blessed enough to be able to move to another city and open up another business I'm only going to hire openly CD/TG and they must dress the roll. M to F, no pants or uniform shorts allowed. F to M no dresses, skirts, or short shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    They probably won't think you are a crossdresser, they will probably think you are gay (remember, the average person doesn't know the difference.)
    Most of the world feels this way I would think.

I do and that is all that really matters. I'm sure others may have noticed my shaved legs and arms (plus other parts), but no one has said a thing, other than my wife, and life goes on as normal.

Nope, still scratch the crotch, burp, swear and bleed the testosterone level every now and then, even with nicely shaped eyebrows, moisturized face, long wavey hair piled high in an updo and reaping of perfume. No one gets a chance to query me.

I think that the visible changes I've made have been interpreted as "better groomed" or "better dressed" since my previous drab self was more scruffy.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

my wife always says i the girl in our relationship but it emotions not looks here
    i wish she could really except that and let me be more girly than i am
    H & K

Marie Sue

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I try to be careful in man mode, but I put perfume on every night before bed, and theres usually perfume on me still the next day. I've had comments by girls saying I smell beautiful. My nails are longer too, and my feminine traits come through now and again. I was at a newsagent yesty and the desk lady was looking at a young man in an aisle who was very nice looking. i said "ummm, i'm here", she said "oh sorry, i was distracted", i said "he is gorgous, but i'm meeting someone". she was shocked at my "gorgous" statement, but he was......my woman side has had something for cute men more and more in recent times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I have had some strange looks from co-workers regarding my thinned and shaped eye brows, along with my hairless arms and legs. So far no one has said anything.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Now I want shaved eyebrows! I've had some comments on my filed, buffed nails that are becoming quite long and beautiful. In one more month they'll be completely feminine. I love how they look, so I don't care what anyone thinks. My toenails are growing too and look really cute in sandals. I curl my lashes. Like Eryn, I've had some people notice that I'm better-groomed. I'm growing my hair out (from short) and I'll shave my body soon, so it may become more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by abbykins View Post
    I'll shave my body soon, so it may become more obvious.
    Don't be surprised (or disappointed) if nobody notices! (unless we're talking about an SO!)
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think it's hard to say as men tend to groom themselves much more now then then ever did. I know of many straight men who like to keep their eyebrows thin and their nails clean.

I am not sure if anyone seems to notice but I do know that if I am not more careful I am going to out myself! First I was keeing my nails long. Then I decided to wear nail polish one weekend and did not do nearly as good of a job getting rid of it - I think a coworker noticed. Then today, I was with some of my coworkers and I got a rock in my shoe. I took off my shoe and realized the rock was in my sock. I took my sock off to find the rock and realized my bare foot, with pink painted toenails, was exposed for everyone to see! I do not know if anyone saw (but I think at least one could have) but I have a feeling I am getting more noticed than I should! No one has said anything to me yet and nobody has noticed or said anything about me shaving my legs/arms either so it is hard to tell.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Don't be surprised (or disappointed) if nobody notices! (unless we're talking about an SO!)
    Yea, Ive been shaving all over for about 6 weeks now and no one has noticed anything. Not even my family when I wear shorts.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House