Thread: For those more inclined to the fetish/experimental side

For those more inclined to the fetish/experimental side

Hi all,

I have posted before that despite being something for me as a fetish (not a fan of the distinction but I guess accurate thus far) I feel some compulsion toward showing off a bit. Well, maybe not the right term for it - but I guess despite being more of a private thing, as many of you have pointed out, the desire to express the aesthetic can still be pretty strong.

So some friends of mine (who do not know I CD) have been to a regular event in the UK called Torture Gardens. Looking it up, it looked pretty far out and beyond what would want to do/wear, but I do have some wonderful lingerie (looks good in my rose tinted persepctive :P) and was thinking about going and being exposed for a night :O

Not sure why I feel the need to really, but also, unsure whether I would like the experience or even feel like I fit in. I dont even think I need to fit in, but guess am curious as to how someone may react if they saw me in suspenders, tights, corset etc, without being in an inappropriate place to dress like that!

Have any of you in the UK been to one of these events and if so, what was your impression? Was it scary or a great deal of fun?

Many thanks!
    Jx

I would like to know more -- just what is "Torture Gardens" ?? sounds like fun !!

Looks interesting...
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-20-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Link unsuitable for the forum

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just a quick reminder, James, there r ALL SORTS of fetishes! If appearing in public in lingerie is one of yours, just GO FOR IT!

I'm a bit fetishy, but that's NOT one of mine! U mite find it difficult to find someone here who's experienced at that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Check it out first in a moderately dressed in guy or girl mode and then decide.

Fetishes are cool. I have mine.
    My Nathalie side when in public, I found, has nothing to do with it.....she is me.
    My fetishism are something unrelated to being transgender. It took me a long time to discover that.

Aspiring Member
    Looks like a LOT of fun, especialy if you could find someone experienced to walk you through it.
    Hey, if you're single and free, what's holding you back?

Aspiring Member
    Hey james

My wife an i went to a few Halloween masquerade balls in tampa fl. they were very much like what i seen in the link above.

We went in all goth fabulousness and had a blast, free from ridicule and full of compliments from others. These types of events are set up to celebrate your inner freak. i think you should wear whatever you want and have fun

Let you freak flag fly,
    -Donni-

=) Thanks all - think I need to find an open minded friend for the night! If I make it I will let you know what its like!

Jxx

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I was invited to one of those events due to my love of hard techno / trance music . Apparently the dj's there are pretty good , the dance floor packed out ... From what I was told the atmosphere is very hedonistic , open minded and rather sexual .The visual effects , lighting props ect are also something to be seen . Theres a dungeon area complete with spanking horse a maltese cross and all manner of contraptions . I've never wanted to attend ( not really my thing ) but the dress sense ( I adore pvc ect ect ) is totally outrageous and very tempting. All the "events " or parties I've ever been to have been termed "rave" . well , the evenings starts off at a nice tempo finalising at a shamanic pace the whole place going crazy . the people who attend are all friendly , various in ages , sexuality and certainly up for a good time . The trans people there were readily accepted , no one really caring about anything except the music . The very first time I ever went to one of those nights made me feel very nervous on entering , even tho my concert visits are an endless list . my only interest was the music - however after just half an hour I was smitten . From what I've been told Torture Garden has various dj's , the tunes close to what I mix , so here lies a word of caution . If you love dance music be prepared to dance for HOURS . I say go for it , open the mind and then return to let us all know how the night went ...........
    golly , I'd love to dj such an event ............. I've included a link to similar music played in the Torture Garden ...

http://youtu.be/ky13PqkZXnk

Haha sounds a little wild : ) I'd sure love to try!

Sounds awesome, been looking at places like that and want to attend one someday.

Gold Member
    Yes, Its way out there all-rite, Glad it is the UK, to far from home to drive there. LOL
    Rader

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    This seems like a good type of event to get out for the first time...or even for one that's more experienced, with relatively little risk. Outside of Halloween type events this seems to provide the perfect crowd where there is little chance of being judged or ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly67 View Post
    I was invited to one of those events due to my love of hard techno / trance music . Apparently the dj's there are pretty good , the dance floor packed out ... From what I was told the atmosphere is very hedonistic , open minded and rather sexual .The visual effects , lighting props ect are also something to be seen . Theres a dungeon area complete with spanking horse a maltese cross and all manner of contraptions . I've never wanted to attend ( not really my thing ) but the dress sense ( I adore pvc ect ect ) is totally outrageous and very tempting. All the "events " or parties I've ever been to have been termed "rave" . well , the evenings starts off at a nice tempo finalising at a shamanic pace the whole place going crazy . the people who attend are all friendly , various in ages , sexuality and certainly up for a good time . The trans people there were readily accepted , no one really caring about anything except the music . The very first time I ever went to one of those nights made me feel very nervous on entering , even tho my concert visits are an endless list . my only interest was the music - however after just half an hour I was smitten . From what I've been told Torture Garden has various dj's , the tunes close to what I mix , so here lies a word of caution . If you love dance music be prepared to dance for HOURS . I say go for it , open the mind and then return to let us all know how the night went ...........
    golly , I'd love to dj such an event ............. I've included a link to similar music played in the Torture Garden ...

http://youtu.be/ky13PqkZXnk
    Forgotton how much I have loved trance music, at least when mixed well!

The place makes me nervous though - Ive not gone further than stockings and maybe a slip - may have to go and buy some new gear! Oh well, good enough excuse to invest! But still just thinking about it makes me nervous haha!

A couple of years ago I was very tempted to go to a similar event (was called Fetish Night). Got dressed in PVC pant, corset under a long coat, I went all the way to Toronto, knocked at the door but never dared to get in!!
    Google Fetish Night, I believe it is still going on in a couple of cities in N. America and Europe.
    Last edited by Elsa; 04-21-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Typo.

Elsa, right now im not sure id even dare to get to the door lol! Was just chatting to someone that I would feel I have to go further than I have gone thus far as they have a dress code which keeps 'normal' dress code out. Which is cool in many ways, but not sure how far I want to go with what I currently go with, if that makes sense

But I seem to have an itch. A friend who knows I have this fetish reckons I am a perfectionist, and that I started with tights looking for a kick. Than panties which was also cool. Then a slip. Now I'm looking at some AP lingerie which is around 200 quid mark! After I get that, love it, then maybe I'm looking for next one - oops im going off topic on my own topic! hehe but thats what conversations are no?

Well, really appreciate the comments from everyone and sorry if I didnt respond to all posts!

I reckon tho, places like this are not just great fun (friends who have been always said so!) but also a way of desensitizing or maybe introducing people to CDing as well as any other slightly out there thing. I hope those who do not want to be associated with this being a fetish do not feel that it misrepresents tho. I dont think it does and hope im right!

My wife and i have been to one just like that in Montreal and San Fransico they are really fun. Bunch of great people and it dons'nt matter what you wear because you will always fit in one way or another. So i say go for it you won't regreat it we do hope to one day make it to the London event for sure