Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wife's Best Friend

Silver Member

My Wife's Best Friend

I have a very supportive and loving wife who actually encouraged my personal growth and opened a door leading to my CDing. She opened up a dialogue about why I liked to buy her clothes, jewlery and shoes several years back. She asked me to be totally honest - would I like to have my own pair of high heels She then bought me a pair and, in time, helped me discover Nancy.

Her long time best friend has recently been staying with us for periods of time after she discovered her husband was having an affair. She is well down the divorce path and has started to date. My wife asked me today to introduce Nancy to her friend while she is visiting. She wants me to "be myself" and believes her frend will be very accepting. She even thought we could go out together.

Although this sounds great, I am not sure if I should come out to her. I am concerned that she may be still be fragile and that this discovery may affect her trust of men further following her husband's cheating. She is mature, intelligent and open-minded. But could this new discovery be negative for her?

Also, what if she is not as accepting as my wife thinks.? What if she raises relationship concerns to my wife?

Also, if I do introduce Nancy, how should I do it? One step at a time, or should she meet Nancy in make-up, nails, bra, breastforms, dress, nylons and heels?

There is a good possibility that her friend may have to move in with us for an extended period of time in the months ahead after her divorce settlement. I want to ensure that this is comfortable for all of us. So does my wife, and she thinks meeting Nancy as soon as possible would be best.

I think this would be OK. I think it would be fun. I am also worried that it might be too much, too fast. Anyone have any thoughts?

Maybe a game of reverse strip poker? She sees it a bit at a time? I got nuthin'...

Wow Heather, I envy your "best friend" situation. My suggestion would be to have your wife talk to her friend first, and make sure that she is alright with meeting Nancy before she just "shows up". Maybe some general questions about her feelings about CD's etc. It's very considerate of you to take her feelings into account at this stage of the game, and you could be right, it might not be a good thing. Here's to hoping that it is, and you all have a fun time going out and about.

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

That is a tough call. Your wife is obviously an excellent judge of people if she correctly figured out that your love of buying her things went along with your own CDing tendency. If she is as empathetic toward her friend then it would probably be OK to introduce Nancy.

I wouldn't recommend making it a surprise, though. Your wife should prepare your friend beforehand. Like you said, she may be fragile and should be treated gently.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think you should do it if your wife is ok with it.

They are right, dont come out all at once be a culture shock to ur wifes friend. I am a TS and in transitioning an at the stage where I have been coming out to every one. Best you have your wife talk to her in depth about nancy first then have the 3 of you sit down as a normal couple and talk about nancy. Dont have her show up an shove nancy in her face, have some class and do it in steps. After every one is comfortable then when nancy is around normally then its ok to be introduced to her. Best to talk and she how she feals about a CD, not every one is eccepting but women are more open minded then men. Good luck.
    Breena.
    What else are you going to pick on cause for me it just ain't worth it, so I just look away and keep moving forward.

Breena.

If you feel there's a need for holding back a bit, then by all means, introduce the subject in a gentle manner. Showing up fully dressed as a surprise may not be the best idea. Discuss your concerns with your wife and go from there.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I think you may be overly concerned about the affect that your cding would have on the friend's fragile state of mind as a result of her divorce. It's not as though you're in a relationship with her, so presumably she has no vested emotional interest in your gender identity.
    As far as her perception of men is concerned, perhaps she may welcome the opportunity to become familiar with a different type of man, one who is faithful to his wife. And in your case happens to be a crossdresser.
    It seems to me that she would come away with higher opinion of cders, and it may even elevate her perception of men in general.

In other words, go have fun.

If your wife is for it why not explore it?

But, agree with those who suggest a discussion with the friend first.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    why not go with your wife's instincts? call it women's intuition and now your catching on...

Let her see a 'halloween' photo and see how she reacts. If she says its cool you tell her more, if she laughs too much you send her packing...
    Chickie

IMO... If it is 100% OK with you, then your wife should break the ice with "her friend" first, that's if she hasn't already? After that, as long as you and your wife are OK with it. It is your house, do what feels best for you two. The 'friend' is a guest, and if she is upset over it, she is free to find another place to live?
    We only live this life once (that we know of?) so live it as full as you can with those you love.

By the way, Awsome shoes! What brand are they/.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

My wife's friend just went through a nasty divorce where her husband was cheating on her. She was an emotional wreck for some time and spent hours each day talking with my wife. IMO, without knowing her, this is something she doesn't need to deal with right now if it can be avoided. It sometimes takes people without emotional baggage time to understand and accept crossdressing. If she is still having problems dealing with the divorce then this could be too much. If you dress often and need to tell her it should be done by your wife and only introduce Nancy when she is ready. But if it can wait, then give her time to heal first. Being a good friend is putting their needs before yours when they need your support.

Aspiring Member
    A talk would be the best way to introduce Nancy. Perhaps your wife could help to pave the way for you.
    If she is open to the idea you might also want to ask her help in suggesting makeup, maybe aid in coordinating your clothing choices, etc. Try to allow her to be part of it.
    An "in your face" introduction is the worst choice you could make.

Has your wife explored this issue with her freind. Hnowing woman maybe her girlfriend already has the suspision or they have talked about it. You seem to be very lucky to have a wife like that. She does know her freind well and I guess she must think it is okay to tell her. So I guess go for it.

I agree with those who indicated that your wife should take the lead. She can explain how Nancy came to be. Your wife instigated your realization that you are a crossdresser, so her friend can more easily accept the surprise if her friend explains how she came to realize your desire to dress as a female.

Freddy

I think that you should have a true, serious discussion with your wife about her friend. It is hard enough for your wife's friend to be going thru her current situation, and as your final thoughts say..."i am also worried that it might be too much, too fast" is right. If your wife is inviting her friend into your home as a safe haven, she ought to talk it thru first, when she feels that the time is right, with her friend first. The shock value might just be too much for your wife's friend, and she may just say nothing, trying to understand your family dynamics, and push her further into the dark that she is currently experiencing. Maybe in a few days or weeks would be better..just sit and watch how she unfolds and reacts first...

Since she is your wife's friend, I agree that your wife should be the one to break the ice in this situation. Honesty is the best policy, and if her friend does end up staying with you all in the future, I think it would be the best for all of you to have the most open communication as possible with each other. A long heart to heart with your wife will surely be the best start. Good luck and take care.

Do not surprise her as it normally enough of a shock to those who find out just being told

I agree with all those who say the first step should be that you let your wife tell her

Alsp I would suggest would be letting her see a photograph provided she is ok with the news about your dressing

Then she can have the choice if she wants to meet you dressed

As for her trust in men. It actually might be a pleasant surprise to her that you trust her enough to let your wife tell her you dress
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I will have to agree with some of the others, If it your wifes friend, and your wife is cool with your dressing, then your wife should be the one to break the ice. After that life should just go on as normal as it can be.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

If she is likely to be living with you then I think being honest with her is far better than if she picks up on it accidentally. I would start with a discussion and "offer" her photos if she is interested. I have found that to a person, all the females we have told thought the secret was an affair by me. They have all been very accepting. Good luck!
    Sally

Silver Member
    Follow-up - My wife broke the ice yesterday before I got home from work. Had a discussion with her friend. She showed her friend pictures, shoes, hair. Her friend was very positive, reassuring and understanding. Her friend immediately said whe wanted to meet Nancy and looked forward to her visits. She shared that she suspected Nancy might have lived with us (another story). She also shared she had another close friend with a CD husband and was very comfortable around him. Whew! She then tried on some of Nancy's shoes and since she has large feet herself, was just about the same size. She might have to leave today, but if she can stay another day, she wants to meet Nancy tonight.

Should be an interesting get together! Keep us posted

Glad it went that way, I guess your wife knows her friend well enough!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.