Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrrrggghhh! Stomach fat!

Arrrrggghhh! Stomach fat!

I've been a rather lean person my whole life. It's had it's many benefits, too. I've always been able to eat whatever I want to without worrying too much about getting fat. In fact, until I was in my mid thirties, I had trouble keeping weight on.

All that's changed. Maybe it's something about reaching the age of fifty. I don't know. But slowly and surely, I've developed a gut, and I hate it! (Yeah, yeah, I know, cry me a river, Marla!) I put on a pair of pants the other day, and I couldn't button them. My shirts are looking tight around the middle. I ballooned up another ten pounds. A casual aquaintence mumbled to someone that I'm fat. And all the watching what I eat, and all the normal activity I can muster doesn't do a damn thing to make it go away.

And the worst part of it....my wonderful femme wardrobe is getting harder to wear, too. I don't like the way I look in my dresses any more. My pantyhose rolls down at the waist, and that's very uncomfortable. I reached my breaking point, and now it's time to do something about it before it gets too far out of my control. I've never been a gym gal, and never really did any working out or dieting.

That's all changed now. I'm on day three. Yeah, that's nothing yet, but I Googled how to get rid of belly fat, and I kept coming back to the same plan. This guy has written an e-book called "The Truth About Abs", and it's very detailed on why this happens and what to do about it. I immediately changed my diet to one that consists mostly of non-processed foods.

And I'm working out. Ouch! The first beginner workout kicked my ass, and I have to do it again today. This guy says I'll see results quickly if I do as he says. It came with an 8-week guarantee. In ten weeks I'm going to go visit my mother in Chicago. I hope to be a bit leaner by then, because I'm hell-bent on making this happen. I'll be a whole lot happier when I can fit into my skirts again. They are an impossibility at the moment. I'll have to re-prioritize, and put the workouts up as a matter of great importance.

At this time of day, around 5 PM, I'm usually deciding what dress to wear for the evening. But not right now. I can do that in an hour, and have that much less time to crossdress. Right now, I have to go work out.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

You go Marla! And let us know how it works (dang 50 year mark anyways...same thing happened to me).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    my problem is I love my beer too much..........lol
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I feel your pain sis! For years I was a 145 lb size 30 to 32 and like over night a year or two ago I shot up to 205 lbs and just barely able to fit into a size 36.

When it starts interfering with your CDing, then that's where you draw the line. This far, no further!
    I have a similar issue at the moment, and have started to drift ever higher in weight. I am determined though!

Yeah, giving up on the beer (for now) is tough. But if this routine works like I'm hoping it does, then I'll recommend it to everyone I know. I'll be talking about it sometime in mid-June.

I WANNA BE A SIZE 10 AGAIN!!!! [SIZE=1](Or less )[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Gold Member
    I was told I had Diabetes about 4 years ago; Had to quit almost all drinking, Beer, whine, a
    cocktail or two, etc.
    I think I gained 20 lbs since I gave it all up; Now try to louse that, Ugh
    Rader

Age sucks! Good luck with your new program and let us know how it goes

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    on the brighter side,,,there are ALOT of very attractive BBW gals out there
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You young ones, it's not a big deal, stop eating and you lose weight! Since the first of the year I have lost 25.5 lbs, just by cutting down the size of portions, and gave up beer for a rum and coke with Pepsi one in stead of coke. a little walking, I don't do gyms. I still have a long way to go, but I'll take the slow road, I want to learn to keep it off this time. I know it's not easy, but you will love the results, I'm down a size and a half (things are getting loose) and loving it! Already I hate baggy, because I can't see how much better I look, and I was using baggy to hide behind.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Engendered View Post
    When it starts interfering with your CDing, then that's where you draw the line. This far, no further!

Seriously girls, it ain't easy to lose weight and any of you doing it should be damn proud of every pound lost!

For my 2 cents, find an activity that you love to do, running, cycling, swimming, etc. and make it a key part of your life. This makes adjusting your diet that much easier IMHO.

Oh yeah - been there! Until I hit 22 I was always 140-145. Then for about 15 years about 10 to 15 pounds heavier. BUT when my marriage fell apart I suddenly hit 180 plus and have never been below that since. Now - in the 220 range, but much of that comes off in the spring when it gets nice out and I'm active outside. However it seems someone cancelled spring this year...

I decided this spring and summer I'm going to work it off, my reasoning being that if I don't do it now, it'll be damned near impossible once I'm 60 or over.

Good luck to us all...!

I don't even like to talk about it! I am 30 pounds heavier than I was just 4 years ago and I am only 44. I can't seem to lose the stomach at all. My skirts don't fit right, and tops are all starting to show my belly at the bottom. YUCK! I was all the way down to a size 10 and can't even think about wearing those now, and my pantyhose also roll down to the waist.

I had that problem when I started travelling and eating out too much. I now bike and eat a lot less and drink more water. It is really hard to reduce your weight once you hit a certain point...its like there is a big toggle switch, once you flip it back and start loosing some pounds its easier to keep going.
    Chickie

I have a revolutionary new program that allows you to lose 50 pounds in less than a week.** It does not require any exercise, taking any pills, or buying any coat racks,...eh, ah,..I mean exercise equipment. If you place your order in the next 26 seconds, I will send you a beautiful set of steaks knives...absolutely free...as my personal gift to you!!

**Program does require one trip to a licensed dental professional for complete extraction of all teeth. Patients are responsible for all costs... Past performance does not guarantee future results.
    D

Ok, can't blame me for taking a shot at the American Dream...

I have a backboard installed on one end of my outside, ground level screened in patio. I hit tennis balls off the backboard a couple times a day, for about 1/2 hour. Tennis is a great sport for waist control...and everything else. I have done martial arts since I was about 8 years old...not too disciplined these days...but it is effective also.

good luck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After you reach your goal with the workout program, I really recommend buying a treadmill. It is very fun to workout in ladies workout apparel. You will look forward to it! So that way crossdressing will keep the weight off for you lol. It's win-win.

Just to reassure those heading toward 60 - I started college @ ~160 lbs; about mid year I decided to loose weight. The plan I came up with was sort of an Atkins diet, but preceded him by about 30 years (1964 - 65). The first year everyone had to live in the dorms and the food served leaned heavily to sugars and starches; I decided to not eat any, only meat, vegetables and fruit. I took off nearly 40 lbs that year. Time and age have precluded me doing anything that drastic, but I've managed to lose about 30 lbs since retiring 1 1/2 years ago. I need to lose twice that to get near my lowest weight, but as I don't want excess skin (a hazard of loosing weight at my age) I take it VERY slowly. Don't worry; you can lose weight at any age.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I did the same thing in my 50's, started to watch my weight, have always walked, skipping rope(tough on the knees), biking, treadmill in the winter, situps. Just include this in my 2x daily trip to the barn,all this is in the old milkroom so I don't have to go the gym which is a plus. Been doing this for enough years, its just part of the daily routine, but I think the golden years being advertised is a crock.

Aspiring Member
    the weight creeps up just as the age does mine started when i it 40 now 48 you just have to find a exercise and diet program you enjoy mine is boxing always liked boxing the workouts include cardio and core work and in boxing every punch comes from the waist not the arms wish you the best

Marla -- Good luck on your program. Hope it works well for you. I know the feeling, too. My problem is not necessarily my weight which seems to hover around the same mark, but the distribution. We had a flash of warm weather this week and I worked outside for a while. Hope it helps soon.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thumbs up Excersize is NOT the answer, life style change IS!

At least, it's worked for me! Because of a bad back, I've been doing ever increasing amounts of crunches EVERY morning while my tea is boiling. Rock hard abs in my sixties r the result!

When I got SERIOUS about dressing 4 years ago, I switched from beer to red wine.
    I also QUIT my gym and began watching what I eat and how much. I've dropped from 170 to 150 and seem to be able stay there easily!

Here's easy things EVERYONE can do to lose weight and LOOK more fem!

1. Don't drink soft drinks! I can't drink caffeinated coffee, so I drink gallons of tea daily. Every kind. Sometimes with lemon, but NEVER sweetened! It took me years to get to like unsweetened black tea, but now I DO!

2. Cut down on your portions. Drink more liquids. Eat more fruits and vegetables which r filling, but may NOT be as satisfying at first! If that be the case, have a little meat and finish with a SMALL sweet if u really want one! Remember, if u eat one candy, cookie, or 3 bites of ice cream, it's OK!

3. DON'T eat heavy or late dinners!

4. STOP heavy work outs! It makes u hungrier and less fem by increasing muscle definition! And, MOST folks drop their gym memberships. It's only a matter of WHEN!

5. DON'T count on diets! They don't work for the same reason gyms don't! Come up with gradual diet changes that u CAN LIVE WITH!

6. Don't be concerned about binging for special occasions and holidays! All u need r permanent changes that have u moving in the rite direction. And, get u losing weight gradually! Even a couple of pounds a week will do it! Once u have the confidence that u CAN lose weight with a plan that u CAN live with, putting on 5 or 10 pounds at Xmas or the Superbowl party won't worry u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry is right. And Chung Li is right. Eat less and workout in cute women's clothes. DVD videos of workouts by cute exercise girls are my favorite; Denise Austin is the best. Leslie Sansone is good.

And there is a new plan that is so easy you can do it in your sleep! Set the alarm for a half hour later, and skip breakfast. Don't believe that bunk about breakfast being the most important meal of the day (probably started by the bacon association). Every calorie that does not pass your lips is equal.

Recently while shopping, I came across the most adorable little black cocktail dress. I fell in love with it, but had to pause and consider the unfortunate reality. It would have fit me perfectly 5 years ago, but sadly not now. About a year ago, I looked in the mirror and did not like what I saw. I gave up beer completely for red wine and promptly lost about 10lbs. I'm still not where I'd like to be, so now I'm now into Day 7 of my very first diet ever. Well, I don't know if it's so much a diet as maybe a serious change of habits. I'm Italian and a total Foodie, which does not make a good combination. I love to cook, love to try new restaurants, and I know that a lot of times I'll eat out of boredom, particularly at work. So far, I'm sticking with very small portions of grilled chicken or fish with a small amount of vegetables. Lot's of H2O, switched to DIET cranberry juice in my patented Crissytini™, completely given up soda. So far, so good. I feel great, I've dropped about 5 pounds so far, and I want to do this.. for me. I'm going to stick with it until I can fit back into that slinky cocktail dress again! Now, if the weather in NYC would just get a bit nicer, I can get out there on my bike again!

I came up with what I call the "common sense diet" for myself to lose weight:

1. Don't eat until you can't eat anymore, just until you're not hungry anymore.
    2. Only eat when you're hungry, avoid snacking while watching TV, etc.

And if you have a dog, take them for a walk as much as possible! That way you're not exercising just to exercise - it's also precious bonding time with your pet, so you're more likely to keep doing it, and you've got a little "friend" who will pressure you to exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    ...I switched from beer to red wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by PantyhoseNPumps View Post
    I gave up beer completely for red wine
    Hmmmm, I think I see a common theme here that I can relate to!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)