Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking into motels enfemme

Checking into motels enfemme

I sometimes like to travel enfemme and have checked out of motels several times while dressed.I would like to check in while dressed but what kind of hassles am I going to encounter.I only have male ID and all credit cards have a male name on them and believe me In a wig and makeup I look nothing like my driver license photo.
    I guess I could pay cash If they refuse my credit card but what other hassles could i get into. Could they possibly even refuse to give me a room?

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I've had any one refuse me a room when I was dressed
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I have checked in en femme several times. The desk clerks barely bat an eye. When I checked in yesterday I got the impression that the clerk was nor really fond of crossdressers but she remained very professional, just a bit distant. I have checked in when the staff has been very enthusiastic to have a crossdresser for a guest. There have been a few times when I have not checked in en femme but have gone to the office for some reason and have always been treated professionally.

Good Morning Jodi,

I have also checked in en femme several times now. The clerks were totally cool. In fact the clerk at the Days Inn was the first public person to ever see me dressed and when I got back in the next night we talked for almost an hour about my crossdressing and my first time to a club. The ID is still you, so don’t worry.

Like most situations, we make a much bigger deal out of it in our minds than it is to anyone else. Clerks, cops, EMT’s and people in public places are not going to be problems. It’s the jerks alone on empty streets or parks that are the problem.

Just an afterthought, if they don’t recognize you from your ID, isn't that a great affirmation that you totally pass? Enjoy your trip and keep us posted from the hotel.

Samantha
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi M View Post
    I sometimes like to travel enfemme and have checked out of motels several times while dressed.I would like to check in while dressed but what kind of hassles am I going to encounter.I only have male ID and all credit cards have a male name on them and believe me In a wig and makeup I look nothing like my driver license photo.
    ?

Jodi, i have a laminated Id card with my niki photo and my male name and info.

on the back of the card it says: The person who's photograph appears on the front of the card is Transendered and is dressed as a matter or expression and not for any fraudulent purpose.

I had the card made at a local Rennaissance support group..but i'm sure you can do it anywhere.

hugs

niki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Quote Originally Posted by msniki48 View Post
    Jodi, i have a laminated Id card with my niki photo and my male name and info.

on the back of the card it says: The person who's photograph appears on the front of the card is Transendered and is dressed as a matter or expression and not for any fraudulent purpose.

I had the card made at a local Rennaissance support group..but i'm sure you can do it anywhere.

hugs

niki
    Great idea, and with your permission, I am going to steal it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Only done it once and it was no problem. I hope to do it again soon! As with most things, problems imagined are usually much worse that they are in reality.

Barbra
    I am not a passible CD but the thought of checking dressed is thrilling wish I could do it.
    Barbra

Most hotels/motels are glad to get your business and unless they're full will sell you a room. I don't think it really matters how you're dressed when checking in, most clerks have seen it all anyway.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Gold Member
    Most places want a credit card even when paying cash; Just in case
    you take the TV or all the towels. LOL
    I do not think they would care, When my wife checked in with
    my credit card, with my male name on it, the clerk did not care,
    only that it was a good card.
    Rader

I ordered a credit card in my Fem name ,it is connected to my main card .
    I often travel as Terri and ,so far ,have only been ask for ID once ,with no problem.

I'd like to do that some time. Check into a motel en femme, that is.

I nearly did just when I joined this forum oh so long ago. I'd been traveling for a job, and spent many many nights in motels. But I was really only then coming into my own as a crossdresser. It was only a few years before that when I purchased my first wig. So the thought of going out, checking into motels, and generally getting out in public was terrifying to me. It still is, to a somewhat lesser extent. I mean, I take some good pictures now and then, but pictures don't portray what one actually sees with their own eyes. I try to be pretty, feminine, passable.....but the reality is that you can tell I'm a guy unless you just fell off the turnip truck.

I guess the key to it is to simply forget about getting clocked, and just go with it. I'm a crossdresser, you (desk clerk) know darn well I'm a crossdresser, and it is what it is. Yes, I like it. A lot. Now check me in. I'll stand here and smile sweetly.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

i have done this many times in my crossdressing days ...just do it..

guess what, they know we like to dress up in motels, and that some of us go out and walk around and do things...we are not fooling anybody for the most part
    i did this easily 100's of times over 20 years....i ran into haters, police, security at hotels, goofy teenagers, a high school reunion that i crashed!, colleagues!! and lots of really nice people...or i just kept to myself....

one really really funny thing happened...i was out and driving around late at nite in a dress that probably would be best at a wedding reception, but it was a cold winter tuesday night in the suburbs...LOL...
    anyway, i was ready to go to bed and i went back to the hotel after my drive...... i parked my car, and ran towards my room at the motel 6....it was on the ground floor, stuck my key in, it didnt work... i tried again...didnt work...tried harder the KEY BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i ran back to my car and started to panic...i got a bobby pin and went at the lock like i safecracker, no luck...then it hit me...WRONG ROOM!!!!!!!!!! thankgoodness no one was in the room...but now what...i had male id..
    i sat in my car forever wondering what to do...of course i should have just went to the clerk and explained...but i was too ashamed and afraid...
    luckily i'm a total slob, and i had old softball clothes in my trunk.... napkins on the floor....soooooo.... i spit on the napkins and tried to take the makeup off my face...took off the wig that i had been wearing for at least 6 hours and i changed into my softball clothes...went to the clerk who stared at me like I was an alien coming to beam her up....fear, disgust and finally just her laughing at me...however, she smiled and gave me my key and told me to have a nice night and i went back to my room..
    only when i got back and looked in the mirror did i notice that a.) i still had on my presson nails, and b.) i looked like a blushing raccoon, with matted hair, pink lips etc... what a night... i lived, so will you

Gold Member
    I did this for the first time recently too. There really isn't anything to worry about. Think of it this way. Do you think there is anything a motel clerk hasn't seen?

I have only done it once. The lovely lady at the counter explained that she would put me in the end room of the motel as it would be 'safer for me'. She did this with a smile and then told me if I was hungry that I was better to eat at her restaurant than go into town as she would look after me. Nice to be treated as a human being sometimes.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Only last Nov my wife and I checked in to a hotel to celebrate our anniversary,I asked the Manageress was it ok for me to dress,she couldn't have been more helpful,It put us at ease and It made for a pleasant stay

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Your all sharing your good experiences is so encouraging to me! Thank you!

Just last week, I discussed with a friend my anxiety about doing this. Now with the confidence your experiences instilled in me, I'll do it the next time I have the opportunity - its more exciting than scary for me now!

A number of years ago I had a niece tell a gathering of family about a CDer that checked into the motel she was working the desk at. She had to explain her reaction, the clothes the CDer was wearing and people's reaction in general. She worked that desk for about three years and this was the first CDer she ever saw. She said she was really surprised. But then again coming from a redneck family the conversation just turned ugly from that point on. I think thats why I always do my dressing after I check in on the rare ocassions i Get to do that

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Lightbulb ?

Do what I do! Look them right in the eye and give em' your best sh*t eating grin when you see the little light bulb pop on over their head! Works every time. Hugs, Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

I try to be pretty, feminine, passable.....but the reality is that you can tell I'm a guy unless you just fell off the turnip truck

I think we all feel that way until we go out, believing your a woman, and everyone else soon believes it to. I used to get a bit nervous, but now I go anywhere and everywhere, and noone has once said anything negative to me, in fact I am treated like a lady. Amazing what blonde hair, a little black eyeliner, and red-lipstick does at a stop sign. I'm always granted the hand wave to go first by men, and I know they are checking me out.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    . . . I guess the key to it is to simply forget about getting clocked, and just go with it. I'm a crossdresser, you (desk clerk) know darn well I'm a crossdresser, and it is what it is. Yes, I like it. A lot. Now check me in. I'll stand here and smile sweetly.
    Marla got it just right of course. I check in to one or two hotels a week dressed and they do not care in the very least. They will smile and they will call you "Miss" or "Ma'am". I always stay with Holiday Inns and suggest you use them too because they have proven themselves over the last half a decade to very accepting and open minded.

Thanks everyone for your advice and sharing your experiences. I guess I will just do it and not worry about it.

Can I suggest booking in as your female part then after a few hours arrive at the bookin dressed in male mode and enquire about that gorgeous lady who booked in a few hours ago and send (giggling) a floral arrangement and a box of chocklates to yourself. Wow, what an impact huh, and any excuse for a chockie fix .

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    I've had any one refuse me a room when I was dressed
    Did they give a reason?

I have checked in multiple times with no issue. I have also flown 5 times dressed and picked up rental cars multiple times while dressed. I just haven't found an issue with doing normal things while dressed.
    Michelle