Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longest drive

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Lynn View Post
    Persephone,when I was in Viet Nam I served with an Aussie SAS unit for 9 months,they sent us to a SAS training base somewhere near Alice Springs,I'm really not sure how close to Alice Springs it was,they told us the closest town was Alice Springs.
    Wow! Harsh country out there! Yeah, I've heard that them Aussies can be tough.

Kate Lynn, really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your service. Like someone once said, "If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank a soldier."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    I recently drove to Vegas also for about 7 1/2 hours. Then I also did it coming back. The highlight was stopping towards the end of the trip and buying cigarettes for my wife (yes I try and get her to quit). The cashier asked for my ID and when I flipped it out, she looked. And then her brow furrowed. So I said, yes that is me. Then her jaw fell a little, then she looked at me, then my ID again, and then checked me out (no my purchases). Didn't mean to shut her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    ..., and then checked me out (no my purchases)...
    If I was drinking milk, it would have come out of my nose. hahaha

My Jeep trip to Anchorage was really something,was a lot of fun,but gas was cheap back then,Teddy Bear passed away in 1996 of old age,I never replaced him,he was one of a kind,but I still have the Jeep,we been together for 28 years in August,and it has 192,000 miles on it,had to replace the original engine 10 years ago,and last summer had everything from the flywheel back to the rear driveshaft completely overhauled,maybe I'll get another 192,000 out of it.
    Sorry to hear about Teddy Bear.

It is great that you still have the Jeep. Our older one was stolen, then we had a Grand Cherokee, and now we have a JK. Still need to do some aftermarket stuff on it.

We did the trip to Anchorage in the 1970's but I wasn't en femme on that trip. It was long before they paved the Alcan, so we did 1300 miles of gravel in a Chinook class-C motohome on a Dodge van chassis. We created a rock screen out of an old bedframe covered in mesh and bolted to the front bumper. Then we flew up to Kotzebue, above the Arctic Circle. It was an awesome trip!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferca View Post
    Oh, nevermind...I thought this was about GOLF!
    [SIZE="5"]LOL!!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Denver to Vegas and back ... 12 hours each way ... too much fun! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

It is great that you still have the Jeep. Our older one was stolen, then we had a Grand Cherokee, and now we have a JK. Still need to do some aftermarket stuff on it.

We did the trip to Anchorage in the 1970's but I wasn't en femme on that trip. It was long before they paved the Alcan, so we did 1300 miles of gravel in a Chinook class-C motohome on a Dodge van chassis. We created a rock screen out of an old bedframe covered in mesh and bolted to the front bumper. Then we flew up to Kotzebue, above the Arctic Circle. It was an awesome trip!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    That little Jeeps been good to me,but the miles make it need some work,so hopefully this summer I'll get the rear and front differentials rebuilt,and have Moser 1 piece rear axels installed,just had a Webber 2 barrel carb installed on it,the Carter carb was 8 years old,the original Carter carb was 20 years old when I had it replaced,it was so worn out the mechanic was surprised the jeep even ran.

New spare tire cover,my wife said my Jeep needed it.
    Last edited by Kate Lynn; 04-26-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

We are north of Atlanta Ga. Nice house in the woods.
    Went from Atlanta to Detroit. 700 miles or about 13 hours. Fully dress the whole time. No problems. Yes I stopped for gas, food and bathroom (woman's)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wife likes to wear my cloths

That little Jeeps been good to me,but the miles make it need some work,so hopefully this summer I'll get the rear and front differentials rebuilt,and have Moser 1 piece rear axels installed,just had a Webber 2 barrel carb installed on it,the Carter carb was 8 years old,the original Carter carb was 20 years old when I had it replaced,it was so worn out the mechanic was surprised the jeep even ran.

New spare tire cover,my wife said my Jeep needed it.
    We're not going to be too popular around here if shanghai this thread and get into too much mechanical detail, but I do like your tire cover!

About a year ago when I was out on my morning run I came across this slogan on a Jeep:

I don't know if you can read it at this size, but it says "THIS IS NOT MY HUSBAND'S JEEP." Gotta love it!

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Silver Member
    2 1/2 hours is my record, but an hour is about the max normally.

I was quite surprised how many folks at Keystone last month drove back and forth en femme. I drove back and forth en drab, I have been doing this for so many years and it is still something I am uneasy about (the long drives, was 4 1/2 hours for me). I could do it if I absolutely had to, but I am still uneasy about it. I'd also rather not have my neighbors see me dressed.

After my one close call when 'driving dressed', I didn't dare go out again for quite a while. My last drive was carefully planned, so that I would only have to get out of the car for gas at a self serve island, and I managed to pick out rest stops where there wasn't anyone else present. I left the house at a little after 8 pm wearing t shirt and shorts, and changed in the car. I came home at 5 am, still 'dressed', so to avoid anyone seeing me getting out of the car (I have my own parking behind the house). So, about 8 hours? I drove wearing sneakers and knee socks, a plaid skirt, white top and cardigan sweater, long brunette wig. I kept pretty much to the interstates, other than to get food at the drive throughs; a few funny looks when paying for my food, but nothing came of it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Most recently this summer, just over 4 hours from Toronto to Ottawa for a rally/march in support of a Transgendered Rights Bill on Parliament Hill. Event took a couple of hours and after early supper with friends, drove back to Toronto that evening. So close to 9 hours for that day.

Did Provincetown to Toronto after Fantasia Fair about eight years ago, that was about 11 hours of driving. My first trip through customs.
    Last edited by NancyTO; 04-27-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I try to do a one-week road trip each September, but haven't for the past two years due to the economy. Last long drives enfemme were the entire Blue Ridge Parkway (about 470 miles), and two lane roads all the way from Detroit to Provincetown, Cape Cod. I'm planning a drive this September, either Detroit to New Orleans or Detroit to New England. I like the two lane roads - quieter and more scenic. Only had a problem once at a rest area where I changed in the Ladies room and came out in male mode, caught by the attendant who had some words for me! Better to stay dressed!

About 2 hours just driving around Duluth GA late at knight.
    Mistybtm

My longest drive didn't cover much territory and didn't last very long. It was when I ended up sitting in stop-and-go traffic on the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago for an hour one warm, summer afternoon, seemed to last forever, but I only covered a few miles.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

After going on a Dignity cruise this past fall, my wife and I drove from New Orleans home to NE Ohio. We took 2 days, driving time was a bit over 16 hours, not counting a couple stops for shopping at outlet malls along the way. I was en femme the entire way with not a single problem.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

I'm a coward, so I've only underessed. Chicago to Pheonix, a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Yeah Teddy Bear was a good close friend and family member,he was raised with another dog,2 cats,and a ferret named Hogan,I'm a believer a dog is like a human child,but with 4 feet,they have no thumbs,and can't use the toilet,he was affection raised,attention raised,he was never allowed to behave aggressively towards the others.
    all of them recieved equal attention,equal affection,it was cute watching them all share a scoop of vanila ice cream,and watching all of them sleep on the huge dog bed was the ultimate,but sometiems the cats would sleep in the bed,as did the ferret,his favorite sleeping place was right next to me.

I'd love to have another Pit,but that breed has gotten a bumb rap because of stupid owners who have no idea how to treat a dog,or properly raise them,people like that should be neutered so they can never contaminate the human gene pool with their offspring,because their offspring will turn out like them.
    Last edited by Kate Lynn; 04-28-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Kate

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Oh in retrospect the decision to drive 8 + hours in shape ware and snuggly tucked, seemed more like an psychotic episode then a good idea.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Niya try driving a 5 speed manual in 4 inch heels,thats why I always carry flats with me lol.

Kate

7hrs~ from PC Beach Fl to Calhoun Ga.

While filling up in Ala, a carload of guys cruised the gas station and one of them said "HEY, I think I know her" Thank Goodness they didn't stop

Truckers loved my legs, nylons and lace slip showing just the right amount
    That's MY Girl

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Well did you know them ?
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

it was cute watching them all share a scoop of vanila ice cream,and watching all of them sleep on the huge dog bed was the ultimate,but sometiems the cats would sleep in the bed,as did the ferret,his favorite sleeping place was right next to me.
    We haven't had a dog in a long time, but we did have a gerbil before we moved to California (they are illegal here). He used to sit on my shoulder and nibble ice cream off of the long moustache I had at the time, until one day he slipped and fell into the bowl. I think he figured that he'd died and gone to heaven! After that it was difficult to keep him from leaping into the bowl everytime we had ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Oh in retrospect the decision to drive 8 + hours in shape ware and snuggly tucked, seemed more like an psychotic episode then a good idea.
    Uh, yeah! Now you know why the GG's don't do that!

You want to find out what worse is? Try shapewear and tucked on a plane flight! Your body swells, or tries to swell, when the atmospheric pressure drops. I made that mistake once -- with a tight-laced corset.

Victorian women were probably really glad that they hadn't invented commercial air flight yet!

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Niya try driving a 5 speed manual in 4 inch heels,thats why I always carry flats with me lol.
    I know exactly what you mean. hahah. I hate driving in any shoe but my Puma's. Keep them right under the passenger seat and put them on whenever I am about to drive

Every time I've driven to the Rainbow Gathering since '02. (Lawrence, KS to National Forest sites in Michigan and Utah, then Sedalia, MO, to extreme northern California (longest one, 4 days), then Muskogee, OK to WV, CO, AR, WY, NM, and PA.

7 hours to Atlanta for SCC and 7 hours back to Florida.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.