Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Can I Do To Stop Looking So Masculine?

On Hiatus

What Can I Do To Stop Looking So Masculine?

Here's an awful picture of myself. It's the angle that keeps me from ever going out and I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to how I can stop looking so masculine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Banned Read only
    arch your eyebrows if you really dont wanna look masculine. i'd suggest some angled eyebrows (like brooke shield's eyebrows) angled eyebrows help soften a square jaw. and pick a wig that has the first layer cover your jaw line, with the other layers being longer from there. using your picture as an example of what I mean, you would want that layer that is hitting your cheek bone, to be long enough to go down to the jaw.

On Hiatus
    It's all good, I'm going to quit cross dressing and get fat again. I want to focus on nothing but my writing and my art now, everything else is worthlessly superficial and narcissistic. I'm done with presenting my body as something worthwhile, everything outside of my mind is an absolute genetic waste, so I will treat it as such, and I'm not even angry right now. I'm entirely calm.

you are looking beautiful feel free as there are masculine look womens around you and you are beautiful in compare to them love yourself and you will definitely find the apreciation best of luck

You look a lot better in the thumbnail photo than in the larger one, you look so much better with a smile than with a scowl.

On Hiatus
    It's the angle too, and I naturally scowl.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMarie42 View Post
    I think we all do! However, I think we all associate a smile with femininity.

Looking critically, I think the suggestion about your eyebrows is a good one. The rest of your presentation looks quite feminine!

You might want to try a wig with more bangs. I think I look less masculine with bangs covering my forehead and I look like a guy in a wig when I wear a wig that does not cover my forehead. I hate my profile picture too - but I hate it in guy mode too.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahMarie42 View Post
    lol Are you a Scorpio? lol

But seriously - the eyebrows are the thing: The rest of you is great, especially when you are smiling ( eg. profile avatar ).

- Go to a professional esthetician who trims MENS eyebrows. Ask to go as thin as possible with a slight arch because you've been advised it will make you look less stern and friendlier. She will never even THINK that you are going for feminization. LOTS of guys get their brows done now - even Jersey Shore featured a trip to the barber shop where all the boys got their brows waxed - so have no fear. Personally, I think you will like the change in your boy life, too.

- After that, work on RAISING your eyebrows. I call it "bright eyes" when advising my CD roommate. It will make you look happier and more feminine.

- Get a cheap pair of +1 Reading glasses with feminine frames, the more "dyke-like" the better ( squarish ) as they are in style.
    This will make your eyes a bit larger AND hide the indentation in the bridge of the nose which only men have.
    Last edited by ashlylynn; 04-25-2011 at 02:26 AM.

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by ashlylynn View Post
    LOTS of guys get their brows done now - even Jersey Shore featured a trip to the barber shop where all the boys got their brows waxed
    Well, if they did it...I don't know if I wanna xD I figure I'm leading a successful life if everything I do is the antithesis of that which the individuals on that show do.

It's not so much about how you look as it is about how you feel. Feelings are what really make a person, not appearance.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi this was taken at our Renassiance get to gether at xmas time my garb = clothes.

Iv tryed to get a pic up just not sure if its worked.

Sarah, iv no make up on so what you see , if you can is just me.,I still know you look far better than i,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 04-25-2011 at 06:05 AM.

hi honey . you must feel unhappy on the in side because you look beautiful on the out side . i'am a in doors dresser and if i look like you well i'll be out all the time and haveing lots of fun . i do not lie you look fantastic babes. you take care love deanna b xx

Follow your dream.
    Trust me on what I am going to say: your mental state of mind, over many years, can influence your looks. If you "swim" in your inner femininity and dwell on how you want to look, you will see results. Obviously one needs to do physical things too, like going to the salon for hair/brows/skin/nails, getting rid of facial hair, learning to apply make up like an expert, practicing with matching clothing and accessories, exercising and dieting, etc, etc. Fact is that looking good can be hard work. Expensive too. LOL.
    seriously, when you marry the physical with the right positive mental attitude and you do it for years, you will see practise lead to improvement. Promise.

I agree with the advice on your eyebrows and wig, maybe a fuller hair style, but most the smile. A natural smile is sometimes difficult, it has to come from the inside. When it does you will shine.
    LoriAnn

You're being wayyyy too hard on yourself. A different wig and some plucking and you would very feminine indeed.

Silver Member
    Silly is the wrong word to use here, but I think you are worrying FAR too much about your appearance.

You are quite feminine looking. Get your brows done. And here's a big one - SMILE. I don't care if you think you scowl all the time. Women don't scowl. If you want to look feminine, stop scowling. Period. Smile. Smile a lot. Women smile. Unless you have to wear a wig because you are bald, don't wear one. Grow your own hair. It's MUCH more convincing.

But other than that, relax. You are WAY ahead of the game. Stop beating yourself up.

And, don't forget, smile.

Stephie

You received some awesome advice here. Now all you have to do is have fun with it!
    Last edited by insearchofme; 04-25-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Dana Fleming

Quit taking photos from that angle.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Wow...I think you are well on your way! Great opinions above. Mine are first: smile! That's one of the hardest parts for me, but it gets easier. I would let your hair be a little fuller, a little more "page boyish" to frame your face and narrow it a bit. Also a little blush would add to those lovely high cheekbones! Add just a very smallish touch of eye makeup to "pop" your eyes and you have it!!!!

But do smile

tina

On Hiatus
    Meh, I'm scared to death of getting my eyebrows done and I just bought my current wig not too long ago -.- It's impossible to find something affordable that works for me, so this was a massive compromise. I can't grow my hair out because I'll look ridiculous as a male (I wouldn't look good with long hair). I dunno, maybe I should just stop caring? That seems to be the only option I have.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    SaraMarie

Stop punishing yourself this way. I have told your before you don't look like a man. Just work on your smile and eyebrows (I pluck a few hairs every day with some tweezers to keep them under control), it will make a huge difference.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

On Hiatus
    It huuuuuuurts x[ Eyebrow plucking haha.

I know loads of guys who pluck their eyebrows... it's not a big deal and you soon get used to what used to be pain! You have to practice and always pull in the direction of the growth! Women who look good don't usually look good by accident... they work at it! Finding the hair style that suits their facial shape, the hair colour that suits their complexion, the make-up that creates the best "look"... they follow fashion trends... etc..

If you embrace yourself and have fun discovering, you will be fine... there are lots of women who would wish they looked as good as you!

And as for photo angles... I have far more photos of me looking hideous than reasonable - in drab or femme. I have far more photos of my wife that she would like deleting than she would like to keep! Taking good photos is a skill in itself and it is so easy to take a photo of us that destroys our self confidence. People don't "see" still pictures in real life.. they see movement and angles always changing.

Stick with it.. it will come good!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Not to put anybody down, but you look so freaking healthy! Be happy and just try to be the best you can be! Earlier today I was having a very sad conversation with a disable customer at my store that made me feel so lucky to be alive and healthy...

Love, Ericka.
    She's back