View Poll Results: How well do these character traits describe you?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Describes me very well

6 54.55%
  • Generally describes me, but some parts don't

3 27.27%
  • Some describe me, some don't

2 18.18%
  • Generally doesn't describe me, but some parts do

0 0%
  • Doesn't describe me very well

0 0%

Thread: Does this fit FTMs?

Does this fit FTMs?

Sorry, folks, but I'm not talking about your clothes, just your character!

Darla originally posted a version of this on the MTF board (and I confess to plagiarising her post). Having had a look at the article and been surprised how closely the traits fitted me as an FTM we thought it might be interesting to post a version on this board as well and see what the rest of you guys thought.

Please don't vote in this poll if you aren't FTM.

This short article - http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/...emperament.htm - argues that cross-dressers typically share the following traits:

• Intelligence
    • Creating and making things
    • Intellectual Curiosity and Eclecticism
    • Collectors/Hobbyists/Tinkerers
    • Perfectionism
    • Enjoy flights of fancy
    • Loners

The article's author, an MTF CD herself, argues these traits have typically made CDs feel "different" from others and a bit of an outsider even before they put on the dress (or in our case, trousers).

The bullet list doesn't do justice to the author's points about these traits, so please read the article first before answering the poll.

So what do you think? :undecided
    Last edited by Puer; 09-29-2005 at 06:17 AM.
    I am who I am!

[SIZE=1]BTW it's not me in the avatar - if only I looked that good![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Puer

This short article - http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/...emperament.htm - argues that cross-dressers typically share the following traits:

• Intelligence
    • Creating and making things
    • Intellectual Curiosity and Eclecticism
    • Collectors/Hobbyists/Tinkerers
    • Perfectionism
    • Enjoy flights of fancy
    • Loners

The article's author, an MTF CD herself, argues these traits have typically made CDs feel "different" from others and a bit of an outsider even before they put on the dress (or in our case, trousers).

The bullet list doesn't do justice to the author's points about these traits, so please read the article first before answering the poll.

So what do you think? :undecided

OMG, Puer! All I can think is, who has been following me around an taking notes on me all my life?!

That's amazing! That article really opened my eyes. That's me - to a tee! Wow, I've never felt so understood and it's great to know that even though I've always felt I was alone in all this, I'm actually a part of a large group that would totally understand me.

I think I need to sit down now.

Thanks so much for posting that. I've learned so much in the short time I have been here already, and that one was the icing in the cake.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad to be of service, CaptLex!
    I am who I am!

[SIZE=1]BTW it's not me in the avatar - if only I looked that good![/SIZE]

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Yeah, I was a bit surprised how accurate it was.

I've been wondering for a long time if there was some correlation of personalities or something among CD/TG people, and I guess this has answered that.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I'm not sure if I'd like to present as male in public all the time, but only wear frilly things when I'm hunting bear, and you know what I mean!
    From BBc's brain test, and I know nothing is totally accurate, I score right down the middle. I've always felt like a loner, 'cause I can easily see both genders side of any debate. Usually not too popular at parties, cause I scare the men with my assertiveness to debate my issues, and I'm suppose to backddown when the women tell me I'm being pigheaded. Funny thing is, I'm never the one who raises my voice and they never listen to my words or meanings!

Wow, I don't feel so alone all of a sudden.

Kat
    PS I live in a red neck industrial 4 county area.
    Last edited by KrazyKat; 09-30-2005 at 12:02 AM. Reason: addition
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!