Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Society is stupid. It is *not* an authority to be respected. You want proof? Look at our ritual every two years where the collective wisdom of society is actually measured by the ballot box. It's catastrophe after catastrophe after catastrophe. Worry about what that lot thinks? No thanks. Cheer up, sister. It makes you feel good, and that's what matters.

I just had a really crappy week at work, and had a number of other stressors. I got home this evening and put on the sexiest and ****tiest thing I had available, and all the tension and tightness just flowed away into the void. This is power. We're tapping into a neglected side of our beings that hungers for expression and rewards well. Someone doesn't like that? Well, that's their loss and it lessens *their* lives.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elena Ornamental View Post
    I recommend "Triton" by Samuel Delany if you want to see a society where gender is mutable.

There's a John Varley SF novel- "Steel Beach"- where the main character starts out male, but become female half way through the novel. Turns out she was born female and became male at some point. The future medical science is awesome. It's a true, complete transformation, centuries beyond what we have today, and it's done in a few hours at a medical boutique type of shop.

Funny (in a serious way) question.

My Mom's Dad was a 'carrot top' red head. My Dad's Mom had the prettiest auburn hair you've ever seen and my kid sister is another 'carrot top'. All were picked on by bullies..........for about ten seconds. At the end of those ten seconds, the bullies usually decided it was the better part of valor (if they wanted to keep their teeth intact) to leave the family alone.

As far as dressing is concerned, I recall my Cherokee Dad telling me about the local 'two-spirit' personality where he grew up. This particular 'two-spirit' was a respected part of the community, highly thought of and listened to when they spoke.

Who knows why society reacts to our current class of 'two-spirit' individuals as they do. I for one would welcome a whole lot more of 'US' in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    Society is stupid. It is *not* an authority to be respected. You want proof? Look at our ritual every two years where the collective wisdom of society is actually measured by the ballot box. It's catastrophe after catastrophe after catastrophe. Worry about what that lot thinks? No thanks. Cheer up, sister. It makes you feel good, and that's what matters.

I just had a really crappy week at work, and had a number of other stressors. I got home this evening and put on the sexiest and ****tiest thing I had available, and all the tension and tightness just flowed away into the void. This is power. We're tapping into a neglected side of our beings that hungers for expression and rewards well. Someone doesn't like that? Well, that's their loss and it lessens *their* lives.
    Ditto! Nothing like silks, satins and nylon 'naughtys' to put you in a better mood.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Historically, a man with feminine inclinations was considered a risk to the society he was in. Feminine is considered generally submissive, and not aggressive. A feminine male would be suspect in being able to hold up his responsibility in warfare, making his comrades at risk of death. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    Because it’s a crime against masculinity, and masculinity is, at present, so revered that any thought or action to the contrary will be automatically censured by males and females alike.

I'm still at a complete loss as to why a man who wears women's clothing must automatically be feminine, effeminate, submissive. That's every bit the erroneous presupposition as the one this thread is whining about among "society."

Judging by the number of military personnel, firefighters, mechanics, construction workers, hunters, firearms enthusiasts, etc., on this forum, it should be thought absurd to equate transvestism with effeminacy. And if anyone should know that best, it's us... yet here we are. Yes, weak or effeminate males don't have the same status, and for very good reason. But crossdressers certainly do not make up the majority of them. Nor could the reverse be said.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlynRenee View Post

As far as dressing is concerned, I recall my Cherokee Dad telling me about the local 'two-spirit' personality where he grew up. This particular 'two-spirit' was a respected part of the community, highly thought of and listened to when they spoke.
    The "two-spirit" concept is pretty well known to pagans. It's not limited to American Indians, either... as I understand it, pretty much every culture outside of Judaic, Christian, or Islamic has some version of it.