Thread: cd progression

cd progression

ok for me i kinda started young ,
    around 6 years of age i would look at the girly unders in the stores and secretly wish i could wear them , i also prayed to wake up a girl
    around 7or 8 whenever some one brought some used clothing over and my mom was gone, i would search for girls clothes that fit ,
    from about 10t o 13 here and there i would find a shirt to try on that fit from my moms closet ,
    around 14 i hit a growth spurt and shot up in highth so now my moms dresses fit , and some pairs of high heels . this was strickly dress and shoe time for like ten to twelve minutes , at a time for like two or three months but still enough to know that i lovee the feeling of wereing womens clothing .
    at 15 nylons . need i say more
    around 16 i got a job then i started wheren mens bikini underware
    17 was more into school and the girls rather than clothes ,
    when i turned 18i went and got my very first pair of womens under ware and tucked for the first time ever , what a rush i loved it , then i started whereing womens bras and unders out under my clothes on rare ocasion
    from 18 to 20 i would ocationly go to good will and get a skirt or shirt ,
    got married at 20 thought i was done ,
    hah
    it hit me harder than ever so i went and got my firts pair of heels and a new skirt at 21
    then i got sick of not feeling complete so i go some makeup around the age of 25 and pierce my ears one at a time .
    26 musterd up some courage and bought my very first wig. for the first time ever i was fully dressed and made up 20years after i had wished i could where girls stuff . i felt amazing and sooo happy like i finaly was in the world i should have been . then i wanted jeans and a casual look and then more outfits to try , then the big purge
    at 27 i decided this it who i am love me for me and stop throwing your money away i n 2007 or 2008 one of the two i found all yall and let me tell you its been great haveing you s all here to know that im not alone and others can share there stuff here too , and i found myself who i really am in the process ,30
    still dressing and love it for now i am a cross dresser , i do feel the need to go farther with it and eventually transition but now int the right time .
    but thats my progression into dressing

the happy camper
    That sounds like the TS progression rather than the CD progression, but they're not unsimilar.

Awesome, Danielle! A terrific post. Other than the fact that my first memory is of when I was around 2-1/2 and knew I was a girl, it was like you were telling my story too.

The most important part is when you finally outgrow the guilt and the fear and start enjoying who you are.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I think your progression will go on until you become the woman you want to be

Just A Girl Next Door
    Similar story here!

Age 4 or 5 - used to love climbing into my mom's coats in the closet, had no idea why
    Age 14 - found some of my mom's old clothes, put on a skirt and sweater and knew I liked it
    Age 16-17 - regularly put on skirts & dresses when the parents were out, never got caught (had a few close calls)
    Early 20s - decided that was a phase for me and it was over
    Late 20s - remembered how much I liked putting on a skirt
    Early 30s - managed to buy some womens clothes from a thrift store and put them on, and amazingly enough I still liked it
    Early 40s - somehow found the nerve to buy a makeup kit (said it was for a niece) and started learning makeup
    A year later - went out fully dressed, so nervous I couldn't stop shaking at first
    Now - Just spent most of the day wearing a pink turtleneck, sweater, blue skirt, makeup, purse, did a little shopping, had lunch all as Jessica

The girls on this forum are amazing. They gave me the courage to go for it and not be scared of what people I don't know might think. Thanks everyone!!!
    Last edited by Sarahwithanh11; 05-01-2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason: corrected a few typos as usual

Danielle, my own story is not so different from yours. Today I am 63 and still wish I would wake up a woman. That has never changed.

Similar story for me. It has been gradual progression that just keeps going. At some point there ssems to be line in the sand, transition or be comforatable with who you are.

Danielle,
    This is probably a very similar story for most of us. I am a CD, and have noticed as I have gotten older a stronger need to be more completely dressed. I know this has been discussed often here, but I often wonder where the line between TS and CD is for us.
    PHlover

great story Danielle. thank you for sharing it. it feels good to tell someone doesn't it. I know i was sooo happy i found this site.
    Tracy

Still trying to figure out who I really am every time the pink fog hits -- but accept it for what it is !

Yes, it is a very simular story for me also! I still wish That I could be a girl to this day.

Priestess Of Black Rain Raynefall's Avatar
    Like the others it has been similar for me. Just a slow and steady build-up. I have also had thoughts about transitioning but I don't know if I could ever do it. If there was a way to just wake up a woman one day I would do it though. Lol.

Around age 6 was probably when I started. Just sisters panties.. Small things.

Around age 12-13 I had a friend who's mom was just my size and started taking all kinds of things. This is when the adventure truly started.

Currently I wear whatever I can get. Lol. I just love the feeling. But from childhood I have always wondered if I was really meant to be a girl.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My story is very similar! Except that I think that I am much older than Danielle, since I am almost 79! The other major difference is that I have never desired to actually be a woman! I love to dress like one, but have no desire at all to be one!! I am very happy to be a man, who wears feminine clothing!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

At 5 my sisters dressed me up, I loved it but hated how my family reacted. They laughed.
    At 6, I tried on my sisters bathing suit. Again they laughed, I was mortified.
    now skip forward to
    At 23, tried my GFs panties & makeup a few times while living together
    At 28, tried my GFs things on again, bought my own. Now own clothes, lingerie, forms, gaffs etc. and loving girl time
    Now I cant wait till my next day off, I called Fredericks and VS and they said I could use their fitting rooms. I'm gonna get some bras for my forms, and a cleavage one. I love my girl time, wish I wouldnt have held back for so long
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

I remember being 7-8 years old and not wearing female clothing but acting like a girl with some of my cousins, they told me I should of been a girl, well, I went and try some of my sisters clothing and loved it! By the way, my cousins also loved it....

Love, Ericka.
    She's back

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    My CD History
    4 yrs: Played game with female cousin, swappping each others underwear
    5 yrs: Asked my mother if I could wear her sandals. She let me.
    7 yrs: We had a female lodger at home who spent a couple of nights a week with us. Her bed was in my bedroom. I soon discovered that she kept her nightie uder the pillow. I would wear it on the nights she was away.
    10 yrs: Discovered a trunk full of old clothes, many of them women's clothes. These where my moms clothes from the 1960's. When we had guests at home with children of my age, we would all play dress-up games whith thse old clotehs, even in front of the grown-ups. I would always wear the pretiest dresses and skirts.
    11 yrs: Tried-on my sister's school skirts.
    12 yrs: Had my first crush on a girl at school
    18 yrs: Tried on my mother's underwear
    19 yrs: Fell in love for first time. Although she had some feelings for me it never came to anything.
    21 yrs: Lost my virginity to a woman aged 23, during a summer fling.
    22 yrs: lost interest in CDing
    24 yrs: had a dream that went to job interview wearing a skirt. Interest in CDing reborn.
    26 yrs: Lived 2 years at my cousin's house (different cousin to one mentioned above). Would try her clothes. Some of these were in bags, ready for throwing away. I rescued some of these clothes and took them with me when i found a place of my own.
    28 yrs: Met my wife
    29 yrs: Got married
    30 yrs; Discovered on internet how widespread CDing
    33 yrs: Tried of any of my wife's clothes that would more or less fit me.
    38 yrs: Came out to my wife causing a major crisis in my marriage
    40 yrs: Discovered that part of me is a woman. I give my inner woman a name, Kattie.
    41 yrs: Bought first wig and skirts. Spent 1 night in hotel (business trip) fully dressed.
    42 yrs: Got caught fully dressed by my wife and stopped dressing to save marriage.
    45 yrs: Started dressing again...

What I would like my future to look like (in no particular order)
    - Resolve situation with my wife regarding me being a CD
    - Get my ears pierced
    - Permanently remove facial hair
    - Shave body hair
    - Get a decent collection of skirts, dresses, shoes, etc.
    - Venture outside.
    - Meet real people as Kattie
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

My progression is definitely unusual.I liked feminine things from very early on, but did not get into clothing until late in life. Then I got into it very fast.

Age 4: Had undescended-testicle repair surgery, and got a Raggedy Andy doll in recovery. Hey, why didn't they let me pick Raggedy Ann?!
    Age 4-7: I liked to play with nail polish. I asked my mother to borrow some girl doll clothes so that I could make my Raggedy Andy into a girl, and got to use a beautiful silk doll dress.
    Up to age 40: No serious dressing in women's clothes, but wore stripper-style silky men's underwear, and made some of my own interesting designs. I also did a lot of sewing and made lingerie for my wife.
    40-45: Switched to panties. Modern panties with stretch material fit so well.
    46: Got a cheap Halloween wig. Damn! It was like magic. I thought I was too masculine, but suddenly realized that I could make a decent T-girl. Within 3 months, I had full outfits and had been out to meet other crossdressers.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

the happy camper
    5-6 -- Didn't have any clean underwear, so my mom had me wear a pair of my sister's panties. I found it... disturbingly sensual.
    6-ish -- Got fussed at by my dad for trying on my mom's high heels. Didn't understand why it was a big deal.
    6-7 -- Had a strangely erotic dream about being a woman.
    7 onward -- Grew my hair down to my shoulders and refused to have it cut short.
    7-8 -- Did a very good impersonation of Geraldine Jones that made my dad laugh. Did it one time too many, apparently, and he stopped laughing.
    10 -- Was talked by my older sister into going trick-or-treating dressed as a girl. Insisted on wearing my own underwear though. Did not want the experience to be... disturbingly erotic.
    13-18 -- Tried on a pair of panties. Found it intensely erotic. Experimented throughout my teens with dressing up, wearing make up, etc. Primarily for sexual release. Never had my own clothes, never had the time to make myself up fully, and never had the courage to be seen that way. Had occasional dreams about being a woman.
    23-29 -- Married. Tried on various items of my wife's clothes. Began to shift from seeing dressing as a sexual activity to seeing it as a way to reduce stress, escape from pressure of being masculine. Still did not have my own clothes, and was losing my hair. Could never make myself up in a way that I felt looked convincing. Dreams continued.
    30-38 -- Became disillusioned with how I looked while dressed, and the desire to dress all but disappeared. Would occasionally try something on, look at myself, shake my head, and take it back off.
    38-40 -- Came out to my wife when I was about 38. Incorporated a small amount of fetishistic dressing into our sex life.
    40-46 -- Problems in the marriage led me to stop dressing. Did not want to feel vulnerable with her.
    46-48 -- Problems managed. Then one night, while talking to a friend, I mentioned that I'd always thought it would be fun to do Halloween with my wife with the two of us crossdressed. My friend picked up on the thought immediately, and asked if I was a CD. I copped to it, but said I didn't like the way I looked while dressed. She said she thought I could actually do a very good job, and even offered to help. The idea caught fire in my mind, and for the past two years I've been trying to achieve something that had always eluded me: Being able to present as female. The dream is alive.

That leaves out a bunch of emotional development, gender identification, and issues having to do with my mom and dad. Basically, I never had a problem with being physically male. I just had a problem with how I was expected to act and feel as a male. Dressing is my way of pushing back against that.

Very interesting reading everyones progressions. Mine is very similar and now at age 60 I wonder where the end is? I just posted a thread about some new first for myself this past weekend and now that I've had time to process it all I really wonder at what point do I say I am satisfied with where I am .
    I can remember about 8 years ago going into watch a drag show and meeting two Cd'ss who looked okay for a cpl of old guys in drag. after talking to them I found out one was 61 and the other 63. I remember telling myself if I look like these two in 9 or 10 years I DO NOT WANT TO BE A 60 SOMETHING YEAR OLD CROSS DRESSER!!!
    My point being girls however far you want to go, do it while your still young enough to enjoy what you see in the mirror. Here I am now at 60 and while I still enjoy what I see in the mirror I know the time is nearing when all I will see is an old lady looking back

Platinum Member
    My life's progression has been pretty similar to most....very early childhood desires, adolsecent experimentation, and alternating periods of self denial / self loathing and increasing desire to dress. I found Kendra's post especially revealing, because it shows that we are on a very interesting journey, and we can't entirely foresee where it may lead. Like Kendra, I can't imagine being a 60 something cross dresser, and yet a little more than a decade ago, I wouldn't have imagine being a full time(at home) dresser. I don't even mind the prospect of seeing the old lady in the mirror - rather than an old man!

My progression is a bit shorter then everyone elses considering im only 18.

4 - sisters dressed me up
    5 - wore makeup and a dress at little girls house who was a friend.
    7 - tried on my aunts bathing suit
    9 - wore my moms pantyhose, some heels, and a top with a bra padded with socks
    11 - stole some of moms old cloths, wore them in secret
    13 - realized I was bi, as well as dressing up was a sexual turn on
    15 - on and off dressing
    17 - told girlfriend I had been with for a year I was bi and would like to try on her cloths some time
    18 - started buying my own cloths, have little collection, including heels and a wig. Started also wearing panties every day, and shaving every few. Cross dressing with same girlfriend. She doesn't like the idea, but loves me, so she deals once in a while and watches me dressup.

My crossdressing isn't purly sexual, but there is a sexual aspect to it. I love to feel feminine and every time I goto the bathroom I get rewarded with a cute thong or boyshorts. Lightens up the day sometimes.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post
    My point being girls however far you want to go, do it while your still young enough to enjoy what you see in the mirror. Here I am now at 60 and while I still enjoy what I see in the mirror I know the time is nearing when all I will see is an old lady looking back
    Well, you're making 60 look very good. Suddenly I'm more optimistic about the future.