Thread: Tucking clarification: post-hernia operation

Tucking clarification: post-hernia operation

Hi Ladies, looking for a little advice on tucking. I briefly reviewed the sticky tucking threads but didn't see my specific situation addressed. My basic question is - am I barred from the tuck due to hernia repair or am I just not finding the spot?

To explain further ... it seems we all know that the boys came from "up there", and in tucking instructions it all says to push them back up there. However, I am someone that years ago had a hernia and had it repaired. I'll display my meager bits of medical knowledge as I remember it - because the boys have to drop down at some point, there are holes in your abdomen muscle wall. Sometimes these holes widen or other holes break through the muscle wall and the intestine pushes through, similar to an inner tube pushing through a bike's outer tire (as the doc told me). To repair the hernia, they use laperoscopy (modern technique vs. the ol' knife years ago) and go in and actually insert a mesh "screen" on the inside of the abdomen muscle to repair the break in the wall. Becuase of this mesh, the intentine can't push through and the hernia is repaired.

So with that detail, is there anyone out there who has had this procedure and if so can you still push the boys up there? Or does this mesh repair-job prevent it? I haven't had any luck and don't know if I just can't do it due to the mesh, or I just don't know what I'm doing & where to push. Hernias are not at all uncommon so I would think some of you lovely ladies know what I'm talking about. I have tried the method where you just shove everything back between the legs but - ouch! - when you try to sit down!

Sorry for the long thread and hope I'm not being gross or anything talking about intenstines, just hoping for a little girl-to-girl advice!

Thanks!

Denise

I have had hernia operation about 5-6 years ago and have no problem pushing the boys up there done with mesh then, it was the second time for Me first time done the old way about 20 some odd years ago.

I had a double hernia repaired in the 90's exactly the way that you described and actually have a VHS tape showing the complete procedure, which is not gory nor gruesome at all. I have been tucking and hiding the jewels now for over 4 years and have had no problem. Remember size may make a difference. I think there could be a rare chance that your hernia occurred in the jewels inner resting place thus causing some type of issue. However, since the hernia repair is really a patch on the inside of the abdomen, it really should not affect in any way how you tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    However, since the hernia repair is really a patch on the inside of the abdomen, it really should not affect in any way how you tuck.
    Thanks both of you for your replies. However I am still confused! Isn't "pushing the boys up there" actually pushing them back up through the abdominal wall? That's how it sounds when I've heard it described, although I've heard enough different descriptions to think not everybody is really doing that. I know there is a small hole in the patch for all the piping to fit through, just don't know if it's big enough to get the boys back through!

Aspiring Member
    short answer is no, but could be a maybe.
    The hernia is a rupture in the abdominal wall in the inguinal canal. The repair fixes that, it doesn't cover the entrance to the canal itself.
    —Mikaela

I just had my hernia repaired a little over a year ago, and it was too severe to be done non invasively. I went under the knife. I have no issues with the boys going into hiding like they are supposed to, but from what I undrestand, it all depends on how much and where the mesh was placed, as to your future success at doing the tuck.

Silver Member
    I too am a year out from laproscopic mesh repair and I'm able to tuck. To those that can't tape what panties/gaff works best for you. i still have a problem keeping a tuck for more than a couple of hours? Specifics would be great, brand, style sizing? Still working the bugs out, Sara!

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I had a double hernia and they put the mesh inside me as well as about 200 staples and I tuck everyday without discomfort or problems, you just have to kind of roll the boys around as you say until you find the cavity in which they came and viola. Don't be afraid to search for the right spot and good luck. If you have discomfort, your in the wrong spot.

i have a hernia what will happen if i tont git it fix i wear a panty girdle at night it helps an i tuck to but no insh to get it don right so if i dond what happens if i dont

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just to clarify:

I don't have a hernia but tuck A LOT! There's no, "holes in my abdomen wall", that they go into. Rather under flaps OUTSIDE the wall that holds them from falling back into their happy sack when I tuck!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!