Thread: OKAY ! Show of hands Please

OKAY ! Show of hands Please

Who all is coming to this years Kentucky Derby, Its a wonderfull ocasion to dress to the nines and wear a fashionable hat. Attending the Kentucky Derby will likely produce a unique experience that will be a life long memory. Jean Marie

Hi
    sadly i will not be comming as i have not booked any holiday for the kentucky derby, and can't come for the day as i live in the UK.
    but all you girls go and have a great day.

lol Claire x

I've been to the race twice, but never crossdressed. I suppose in the infield nobody would even bat an eyelash. And, given how the restrooms are used by anyone (for anything!) regardless of gender, you won't have to worry about which restroom you're walking into!

My son is a writer who has covered the Derby many times in the past in the past several years, never heard from him that CD's are in attendance! All of you who go there dressed must be passing well!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Sorry, living in the UK makes it a tad difficult to get over there, but I hope you US gals have a good time.

Anna x

Sadly it is a no go, but I guess it will have to go on my bucket list.
    Michelle

For us west cost girls there is always opening day at the Del Mar race track in California. Opening day in July is what they call Hat day! All the girls and women dress to the hilt and make-up big fun hats for the days festivity's. I went last year and was photographed by a reporter from the orange county register news paper along with other lady's and our pictures where published the next days issue.

So see ya all at this years hat day!
    Best Wishes, Robin Lee
    Out and about

The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved That's my only frame of reference for the Derby. I totally want to go.

My parents used to fly in to stay that weekend at their friends' place in Louisville and they would all do the road trip to the Derby. It is like a movie production. All I got was a bunch of drink swizzle sticks with horse heads when they got home (from the drinks they had).

I attended (KMI) Kentucky Military Institute in Lyndon, Kentucky. It is only a few miles from Lexington. My parents shipped me off there for high school. Do I get any points for that?
    ...didn't think so...but I really feel I deserve something, I mean a CD with perfect posture...ok, nevermind....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh i wish. Going to the track is always a fun way to spend an afternoon. Going to the Derby would be special. Jealous of those who are going.

being a resident here and being involved in the horse industry it is very interesting seeing everyones comments. It was 3 years ago, myself and 3 other "ladies" spent the day at The Derby all of us fully enfemme looking like "Southern Belles" had a wonderfull time and not a hint of problem. We even cashed a few tickets. However this year I will work there as a mutual clerk, so come on down and bet a few bucks. If anyone needs info like on where to eat or stay drop me a line.

I can't go, but I'll be watching for you all, I watch it every year, love the race, but watch for the pre race fashion shows, I love hats in both genders, and outside of a Royal Wedding, there is no better place to watch great hats! Well there is that race in England, where they race and jump all those bushes and things, I've seen great hats there too!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.