Thread: I wore a dress today!

I wore a dress today!

As many of you know I'm not really a dress girl. By that I mean I most often wear jeans or knit pants and once in a great while a denim skirt paired with a long sweater to cover up the bulges. I strive to blend in with the crowd. Granted it's more of a Walmart crowd if you get my drift, I take most of my cues from my SO who dresses the same. For whatever reason when getting dressed I ran across a dress in my closet that I bought last summer on sale and just forgot about. I'm not sure why but I decided to try it on since I was already wearing pantyhose. (It's only in the 40's today). I put it on and walked cautiously past the mirror and I liked what I saw. Not the dumpy nurse Ratchet/prison guard that I usually see every time I try on a dress, but a rather attractive fat lady if I do say so myself. Maybe even on some distant planet one could say "doable". OK so this is going to be my outfit dujour. So with a few quick dabs of makeup and a flip of the wig (read one hour later) out the door I went on my daily errands. There was some trepidation due to the dress and what i like to call the pushing the envelope syndrome. My first stop of the day was the post office as usual to drop off my packages, They know Michelle there since it's a daily thing. I parked my POS in the lot and started unloading, which usually means several trips back and forth. Before I could get to the door with the first load a man from the post office came out with a cart, pushed it next to my car and said "Michelle, just put those in this basket and I push it in for you." WTF that never happened before. Could it be the dress? Have I been missing something all this time? I gave him a smile and my beat "thanks so much hun", and got in the POS and headed toward the bank. I was in the left lane and noticed a pickup along side keeping pace with me. I was wondering why and I looked down and noticed more of my legs were exposed than I would have liked and yes he was looking. That never happened before either. Might be the dress? My next stop was Avenue to try and find a couple of new tops. When I walked in the SA recognized me and said "something looks different about you today. New haircut?" I said "no, just a new dress". That never happened before. Must be the dress!! Back in the POS and off to the grocery store. I parked and got out of the POS ever so lady like and just that quick a small gust of wind took this effing dress up around my waist revealing for all the world to see my pantyhose and panties. They don't train you for this. I had my keys in my left hand, my giant over sized handbag in the other and had no idea the most ladylike way to push it all down. I got it done but I'm certain I must have looked like an idiot. Holy crap!!
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See? You simply can't beat a pretty dress! The world does notice, and usually, the world likes what it sees.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

OMG that is one of the cutest stories I've ever heard!
    I am not who you think I am

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a great story! You'd be amazed at all the bulges the right dress will cover up -- I speak from experience

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    What a great story! You'd be amazed at all the bulges the right dress will cover up -- I speak from experience
    Or all the ones the wrong dress will reveal. LOL

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    I parked and got out of the POS ever so lady like and just that quick a small gust of wind took this effing dress up around my waist revealing for all the world to see my pantyhose and panties. They don't train you for this. I had my keys in my left hand, my giant over sized handbag in the other and had no idea the most ladylike way to push it all down. I got it done but I'm certain I must have looked like an idiot. Holy crap!!
    Dont get worked up about that.The dress billowing up,worked for Marilyn Monroe

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Loved the story. I'm on the other end of that. I HATE pants!!!! I only wear dresses or skirts. I'm like you a Plus size girl and if you go to a plus size store like Peningtons like I do you'll find a great many very pretty dresses and top and skirts combos.

In regards to the wind blowing up your skirt well that will just take you a few times to get used to defending yourself for flashing anyone lol. I have some really short and light skirts and I have to watch out for the blow up but thats half the fun. Plus with a dress or skirt you'll find that you move more lady like and people (SEE) you more as a women. Or should I say more lady like, more of a genteel lady. I have had men and women ask if I need help with stuff Imneed to carry to that car and stuff.

So yes it's the dress. They just treat you much more like a lady like when you dress I'm a dress.

At least thats my 2 cents. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    There is something almost magical about wearing a dress and high heels...Like you, I spend a good portion of my girl time in jeans, pants, Capri's etc...wanting to blend in as much as possible. But that makes the times I do wear a skirt or a dress feel all the more special for me. And don't go to long between the times you do wear a dress out... they do make you feel good about yourself and every girl deserves to feel special.
    Now, where are the pics?
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Marie View Post
    There is something almost magical about wearing a dress and high heels...Like you, I spend a good portion of my girl time in jeans, pants, Capri's etc...wanting to blend in as much as possible. But that makes the times I do wear a skirt or a dress feel all the more special for me. And don't go to long between the times you do wear a dress out... they do make you feel good about yourself and every girl deserves to feel special.
    Now, where are the pics?
    I haven't posted pics for a long while. I suppose it's because I don't like to see myself in pictures. Heck I wouldn't look in a mirror if I could put on my makeup and do my hair without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    I haven't posted pics for a long while. I suppose it's because I don't like to see myself in pictures. Heck I wouldn't look in a mirror if I could put on my makeup and do my hair without one.
    I'm plus sized to and I look at myself all the time dressed.... Why well if you look at yourself you can find where you need work and find that dress or that skirt or shoes etc that will help you look better or slimmer or prettier etc. Some women are like you and hate looking at themselves but that do and try to improve the way they look. I love the was I look dressed and hate the way I look in drab . So I try to improve my drab look as much as I can but there's just not as much as I can do with male stuff. No where near the options Women have LOL. Just look at yourself as a work in progress and you'll like what you see more and more as you fine just the right.......
    What I can see of your look....You look fine. If you like pants then look good and hard for pants that fit right. I've known women that when they find the right pants that fit right they tell me that it's like 100% better looking on them. So just find the right stuff and in no time you'll love what you see in the mirror.
    Oh ya and if you want to like your pics then take lots in different poses and you'll fine the right pose you'll like! Happy hunting LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

These days it seems like a dress is an attention magnet, whomever is wearing it.

Be ready for that if you head out.

Kathleen Ann

That is such a great story. Well I bet you looked great Michelle! And dont be so hard on yourself, you look wonderful!