Thread: practice makes us better

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

practice makes us better

I have been dressing alot more these past couple weeks, I think Keri really needs to get out and find some friends. Anyway, I have been applying alot of makeup and I am really trying to get that perfect match of not too much make-up but enough to accent my face, while at the same time covering that stubborn shadow on my chin and under my nose. (yuk)
    Well I am learning alot about BLENDING the different colors to mask my shadow but not look like a clown. I just want to look presentable and not be ashamed to be seen.
    I don't think I would ever pass in person but in pictures OMG I see my mother and even my sister at times and I cant help but smile.
    I took some pics today which I will try to post here but not sure which ones I will put on here.
    Am I crazy about looking pretty good or should I just stay inside and continue hiding. It has been over a year since Keri has been able to go outside and mingle with the girls. Mostly because they all disappeared.
    I will welcome any suggestions, but I just cant bring myself to go and spend $50-$60 on a tube of MAC to help conceal my beard.

My other favorite feature I have been working on are my eyebrows, What do you think to Feminine. ( I think my wife thinks they are) But I really like them, especially in girl mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im going to try and attach another one just because. I also took some on my phone which I usually avoid because anyone can access my pictures on my phone but the pink fog has set in for sure

I am hoping that with a bit more daily practice I will be able to actually apply my eyeliner with a steadier hand and less of a fluttering eyelid.

I have been using two different color blushes one on the chin and between the eyes feathering it up and out as well as blending the different shades along my jaw line

I think I am making headway with my technique.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    keri, I'm not an expert, but I do like the way you look. When I looked at your various pictures, I saw a woman with great eyes and a pretty smile. I agree - your eyebrows look very feminine. And for some reason, I really like the way the glasses compliment the shape of your face too.

Any chance that you and your wife could go out? That seems to be the direction I'm going - I really want to be able to be out and about with my wife.

I think you are doing a wonderful job. I see a very good looking women with not so much make-up that you look silly. I think you have a very nice look. Definitely like the pictures with the glasses and your great smile. You look very comfortable and confident.

Very nice, Keri!! I think your eyebrows are wonderful, and they look perfect for a woman, maybe a bit feminine for a man, but I think I know which is more important to you.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Looks good over-all. Mostly cover the ears to soften the face. & Be careful with blush- use it lightly if you use it.
    Don't wear a white bra with dark top, especially if the bra can be seen at all.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I think you're doing a great job with the makeup. I feel the same way about myself -- I think I look pretty good in my photos, but I doubt I'd pass in broad daylight ... no pun intended

Silver Member
    When you smile (picture #3 in the first group), you look wonderful. That's a feminine smile for sure.

S

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Keri, lookin' good! The light in your photos is pretty harsh, and I think there might be the slightest hint of "shadow", but ... harsh light really emphasizes that.

Your makeup looks pretty good. If you can't get 100% coverage of your beard area, try, try again ... like I'm one to talk, I'm the very definition of lazy cross-dresser. I go for about 85% covered -- there are lots of ways I don't pass as a girl, so the beard area is only one worry of several

I think you look great. Your smile is very nice, and yeah, your brows ... I don't think there's much you'd need to do with them, it's a nice arch. I wish that I dared do that with mine.

Hey! Just noticed, you're in MN, too... have you ever gone to the CLCC meetings? PM me if you'd like.

Keri
    you look beautiful.i can not believe the beauty of the girls on this and other sites .wow some real hottys that for sure
    as my wife say better shut up now.
    H & K

Marie Sue

Nice work. Very femme and natural.

Genuinely pretty Keri, very natural. Both of which are assets which work to your advantage.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Thank you all for the compliments, I agree with the lighting, next time I am going to dare to take some outside pictures, Albeit from my patio, but the lightingshould be much better. I think I am going to stop on the thinning of my brows as I think this is femme enough.
    Kimdl93- I wish my wife would go out with me or for that matter meet me as Keri -This would be a dream come true.
    Janet too- I really like the glasses too now I just need lenses to fill them up
    Julogden- You are absolutly correct about that!
    Fab Karen- I am still working on my hairstyle, although I think I am close I still need someone to show me how to fix my hair. I agree with the white bra although I would not wear this in public I thought it was ok for lounging around the house.
    Julie D- Thank you for the compliment and with some practice we will both someday get the courage needed to say Hi outside our home. I have been out at night and once during the day
    Stephanie S- Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love those type of compliments, That smile is what I found when I finally saw my mother looking back at me one day (in a picture)
    Bethany- Yes the lighting is harsh because I took the pics in my basement, next time I am thinking natural light, the outdoors type. (courage needed) I will pm you in a moment
    Mary Sue- Thank you! As we all know compliments help us build up confidence and confidence is what we all need to have friends and I want real friends too.
    Jillian- Coming from you that is an awesome compliment, your pics are all so beautiful always and Girl you make me soooooo jealous.
    Sara Jessica- Both pretty names by the way, I would so love to go and test those assets out in the real world

Thank You all and maybe I will post some more pics soon, I have not posted too many but I figured it was time to get a few new ones in my folder.

I guess Hon but better at what I haven't figured out yet. I can spend hours and hours on this , that and the other thing but if the "me" isn't into it, it just isn't there. What I've found is that working to become a better person is the best thing I can do regardless of appearance. That is life though I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning