Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How close to passing?

Samantha you look good..especially your overall face and shape.

Your wig is a big tell though...this is a toughie..you have to it just right on your head and keep it there..i think the overall shape is perfect for you btw..

Also, I think you would look spectacular with those boobs and your broad shoulders in something much more long and flowing around your top side....there are many outfits at lane bryant for example where you get a cute tank top, and then a soft shawl/sweater to go over your shoulder and arms... this type of top would go really well with tight pants or a skinny skirt..

If you are serious about passing, i think the outfits you are showing will make you not pass. I know how fun it is to dress up for yourself, but save those outfits for times when you don't care about blending in,

My only other thought is that I have no doubt you look great enough to blend in very well EVEN IF YOU DON"T PASS TOTALLY... if you get clocked a couple times, don't let it get you down, and you may find that there are moments where this happens that are wonderful and positive...i hope you have a great time

Thanks to all for your great advice! You all really came through for me. I don’t have a SO or other GG to talk to, so your help is golden to me.

The top 4 things to work on.....

1. Better wig and wear it at a more proper hairline. I gotta give myself some leeway on this one. I haven't had a natural hair line there since I was 18, so it’s a little hard for me to judge.

2. Tone down the eye shadow a notch and smooth out the lower liner..

3. Smaller breasts. I have never really felt quite right about these forms. I have a 44 inch chest and I thought a pair on the larger side would look more proportional. Oops, a bit to proportional. Also, they don't look this big by themselves, its amazing how much they “grow” when I put them on.

4. Shorter heels. Even though I love heels, and the higher the better, the goal is to be unnoticed in public. I guess six inch patent leather stiletto’s don’t help that.

A special thanks to Lexi.

I will take all of your help to heart and will post some “After” photos soon.

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there,

Samantha
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

I agree with the Wig first and foremost. Your eyes will get better with practice. It does for me at least, and even then I'll go out with great eyes one day and I'll hate the way they look the next.

I don't know about the heels. There are a lot of women that go out in larger heels. Like stated before it depends on where you're going and the clothes you are wearing.

I think you could use improvement on what styles of clothes make you (specifically you) appear to have more feminine features. You appear that you have or you do work out, your upper body is large even fore males, which is fine, but what kind of clothes can you wear that will give you an a illusion of a more feminine figure. The clothes in the picture fit you as a man, but not as a woman. It is a trial and error experience, and after awhile you get rather good at being able to choose outfitts that work for you. I have the problem of being very, very tall, slender with long legs and a little bit in the mid-section. So I try to buy clothes that will flare out at the hips area more, and are longer in length.

I think you are doing fine otherwise. I'm not sure if you need smaller breast forms or not. I think with the right clothes they'll look great on you. They might add to the feminine illusion since.

Lucky you, I wish I was spending the weekend en femme. I have to agree with most of what has been said so far. The black wig looks like a wig, the hairline is just too sharp – pulling out some hairs to make a wispy bang should help tremendously and it will help cover your forehead, which is a little large. I too think the lipstick might be a little on the light side, but that beats too red. The necklace is a big plus, wear it.

I’d use some concealer under your eyes prior to putting on your foundation to help hide the darkness and bags; I have the same problem. Another trick is to use some light eye shadow just under the brow and again at the inner corner of the eyes. I’d also recommend some blush on the apples of your cheeks, it will make a big difference.

In the bottom picture I think the wig looks much better and it frames your face very nicely and it is a beautiful color. I agree that the girls look a little high and would look more natural if a few inches lower. As to the size, well many women have naturally large breast, my wife does. I would guess that I’m now 5’10” or 5’11” (I was 6’ when I joined the Marines in ’64 and weighted a mere 114 lbs. I weighted 263 lbs last December, but have since dropped to 220 and I hope to get below 200. I just bought my first set of breast forms to fit my 44D bra, and for my size that looks natural. I used to wear a 44C because I didn’t want to attract too much attention with overly large boobs; now I think the 44D girls look totally natural.

Work on your eye makeup. If you can catch a show called “What Not To Wear”, watch it, they do a makeover on the on every show. Carmindy, the makeup artist, has a book out (5-Minute Face) detailing how to do your face in five-minutes, sometimes less is more.

Good luck,
    Babs

My advice is to loosen up the hair a bit, cut back on the eye shadow and lighten up your expression. You will be just fine Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ditch the blie eye shadow. Nothing screams CDCDCDCD louder than over done bright blue eye shadow.

I prefer a subtler makeup look, but day wear in my thing.

Best,
    SS

To be honest you almost never know if you pass. Do people call you Ms because they are nice or because they believe you are female? If I saw your last pic (with the curly wig) somewhere I would assume that you were female. Pictures however are one thing and real life is another. How you walk, talk, how much your wig looks like real hair, what you are wearing, all influence how people view you. Also passing depends on the crowd you are in and how judgemental they are how accepting, etc. In most cases a toned down look less eyeshadow, neutral lipstick, slacks instead of a short skirt, will make you fit in better.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Wig looks too wiggy and cheap, like from a costume shop. No offense but you want brutal truth. Don't wear it out , have it styles or buy a new one. Thin your eyebrows a bit, and work on the makeup.