Thread: Hiding an Adam's Apple?

Hiding an Adam's Apple?

I have a really pronounced Adam's Apple. Does anyone have any ideas on how to hide it, should I ever go out en femme?

Banned Read only
    A turtle neck sweater or a scarf can obscure an Adam's Apple. Scarf works well in both winter and summer. Also, wearing a longer wig with a lot of curls arranged to the front of your shoulders will help too. There's also a foam lightweight neck brace which will also give a good reason to not be able to talk to others. When my wife wore a neck brace post op, she made attractive coverings for the neck brace.

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    There are ways to decrease the chances of your adams apple sticking out.
    1. Wear glasses ((If you need them or low powered reading glasses.)) This will automatically draw the eyes up to your upper part of your face.
    2. Tilt your chin slightly down this will drop shadow and put your chin down blocking most line of sight. ((Unless the person your talking to is shorter than you are.))*
    3. When your in conversation with someone else use hand gestures that will draw the eye away from your mouth unless you have followed the second option better.

In the end it is better to use light covering and nothing obvious because two things Hiding something in plain view is the best place to keep it, and these are variations on what magicians have been doing for hundreds of years. Misdirection.

* If you use this option be careful, as you get older and the "Extra Skin" that we all get will be displaced and you will look like you have a double chin or mono which will draw attention to what your trying to hide.

I hope this is some help and just a few thoughts.

have fun
    Kerry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

I'm so fortunate. I have no pronounced adam's apple to hide. The only thing is, that I wish my head was farther off of my shoulders. I still love turtlenecks, but they look strange with no neck!

I just wear a necklace with a real orange on it.

Well, if you start to swallow, but stop the action just prior to the saliva going down, you actually end up with your larynx up at the top where it is not very noticeable. It is "do-able" for a picture, but hard to "hold" for any length of time. jus sayin...

turtle neck, high collars, scarf, or those rings that African women stretch their necks with, lol.

Or just always walk backwards, but that is kind of obvious you are hiding something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I suggest a wig that fans inward towards the neck. Check www.buycostumes.com for the Dreamgirl wig, if I remember correctly.

Though many people have a pronounced Adams Apple,, Iodine deficiency can result in a condition called "Thyroid goiter"
    Other medical conditions can also cause this, check with your MD.

Not trying to cause alarm here, just a note for you..

BTW, anyone ever noticed Sandra Bullock's adams apple ?

There are many female actors with an obvious Adams Apple which ususally results from poor diet, complications from a miscarriage or during pregnancy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wear a hoodie backwards.

I've had some success with my not so big 'apple' by applying a darker makeup on top of the protusion and puttin some highlighter along the side of the Adam's Apple.

Thanks for some of the great ideas and misdirections. Good advice.

I remember seeing an article in a magazine about what women should do with big shoulders. The answer they promoted was, don't worry about it. Show them off with sleeveless tops. I think we may as well do the same thing with Adam. We may be able to misdirect or at times cover, but do your best not to worry about it.

So I guess I'd add try different necklaces that hang down a little. Maybe one with a larger pendant that draws your eye away from the open neck.

Kathleen Ann

On top of the many good tips let me make an un-suggestion.

Dont bother!

Even if you have a big pointy adams apple ... like me ... probably nobody will notice. If they do notice it will be because they read something else about you first and are looking for details to confirm ... and there are lots of those you cant do anything about, like height and the size of your hands and the length of your fingers.

Working on other things first will do much more to make you passable.

Since no one else mentioned it, it seems fair to point-out that there is a cosmetic surgery operation which is called 'trachea shaving' which dramatically reduces the size of the Adam's Apple. I have no idea how expensive it is. I wouldn't consider this myself, but depending on how serious you are about looking as feminine as possible, it is an option. It's my understanding that plastic surgeons in Thailand and the Caribbean do package cosmetic bundles which include trachea shave, breast enhancement, lipo, facelift, tummy tuck, butt tuck, nose job, brow reduction, et cetera.

I put on 50 pounds over the last few years, and now my adam's apple is hardly noticeable! Of course, my thighs are huge, and my spare tire is now a full sized radial...
    I am not who you think I am

I usually wear choker-style necklaces.
    "Salene"

There is a shading technique with makeup that may help you. I don't have a noticable adams apple so I never tried to learn the it, but there should be information online.

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Two words. Visible cleavage. :P On a bad day I wouldn't notice her face. On a good day if her eyes and mouth wouldn't look at the throat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties