Thread: First walk in public, a rush but maybe a little too conspicuous

First walk in public, a rush but maybe a little too conspicuous

Had a few days away in Sydney last weekend with my wife, a short break does wonders to refresh you. We had planned to see a some drag shows and check out trans friendly clubs etc but missed the opportunity both Fri and Sat nights. After bringing along a couple of outfits it seemed a shame not to get dressed and take some pics, out of the blue she suggests going down to Circular Quay, as we were staying just up the street. Later in the evening it is reasonably quiet there with a very relaxed atmosphere.
    I had a choice of two outfits, a bright red knit dress and black boots or a skin tight pvc hobble dress and patent black mary janes. We agreed the knit dress would be the safest option and off we went.
    This was a very exciting experience to say the least, and I think everyone who has ventured out for the first time will appreciate my level of self consciousnous.
    We took a few pics, see the pics page, and returned to our room, grinning from ear to ear.
    Last edited by Nigellagirl; 05-05-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Congratulations! Great start and I am glad you had fun!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Yea, the choice was right. I don't think the PVC number would be inconspicuous. ;P
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I well remember my first time out. I had to keep swallowing because every time my heart beat it would make its way closer to my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Yea, the choice was right. I don't think the PVC number would be inconspicuous. ;P
    That red number was hardly camoflage!

Congratulations!

Eryn

I saw your pics and think you look great. The thing that might have got you noticed was that you wore a dress, as well as the boots. If most of the ladies out were in slacks you were sure to draw glances.

I've heard Sydney is like the San Francisco of Aus., so the worries ( as usual with us ) were all in your head.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Nigellagirl View Post
    We took a few pics, see the pics page, and returned to our room, grinning from ear to ear.
    I am glad you had fun.
    But where is the pics page