Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pierced ears

Question Pierced ears

I would love to get my ears pireced. Is there away to keep them from being noticed from day 1? I know you have to keep them in for 6 weeks.

Normally they put in surgical grade steel studs. Those have a small steel ball on the front that everyone can see and then a small one in the back or a flatter piece of metal. They use these because they do not interact with the body like silver and sliver/mix metals can for some people.. There exists some almost clear plastic stds, but from what I have seen they are still visible. Not as much as steel studs but still visible. Just go into a piercing studio and ask them what they recommend. Tell them you do not want to have problems at work. Good luck.

There are other threads in the forum that ask or address the same question. I was after something similar, not to hide but to be a little more discrete. I picked up some transparent type studs. That are really like 'T' studs with no back. The front face isabout 1.5 mm across and although transparent can be seen. If concealer or makeup was used it may hide them.
    The other suggestion I tried was nylon fishing line. Cut a short length and . Carfeully heat the other end in a flame until a small ball or rounded end forms then cut the other end to length at a sharp angle so that it will penetrate the new pierced hole.
    To be honest I gave up trying to hide and realised that no-one actually cared, took any notice or asked.
    All the best.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Both NZ and Allie are giving some great info..but no matter what you do, it will be seen if one looks close enough..so I would go with NZ's last part..no one will really care after the first look. My family gave the initial shock and then it was over.

Hope you find what works for you...
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I live in "redneck" country and no one seems to notice. I wear mine proudly and wish I had gotten them done a long time ago.
    Danielle

Lots of people get body piercings. It's not just a "feminine" thing to do anymore. When you're not dressed, you can simply wear a pair of guy studs!

http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=1400466&mba=0
    Reine

Went through this years ago.
    I constantly applied hydrogen peroxide with a cotton ball to wipe away any blood, and wore a stud every night, and it eventually healed nicely.

I hear monofilament fishing line at the thickness of the earlobe, if you keep it in all the time works good too.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by susand262 View Post
    I would love to get my ears pireced. Is there away to keep them from being noticed from day 1? I know you have to keep them in for 6 weeks.
    Excuse me, isn't the idea of having your ears pireced so they will notice?

10 YEARS AGO WHEN I HAD MY EARS PIERCED whilst on a train trip to the west coast of USA I had 10 days not to worry. When I went back to the office I cut two very small pieces of broom straw and placed them in the holes. No one ever noticed! Broom straw from a house broom works wonders. Never a minutes trouble and it was free too!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

There is no way to keep them from being noticed by anyone who pays attention. Only ways to make them somewhat less obvious.

The question is, why are you worried about it?

I cast my vote with everyone who says "why worry"? We have them done to wear studs and earrings -- why not? I had green studs for four months and if anyone commented, it was positive. Sometimes I was asked why I had it done and I had two answers: either because I'd always wanted to, or (more often) -- because I was tired of losing clipons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    "You got your ear's pierced?"

"Yes"

"Why"

"Coz I wanted to"

End of story.

"That's so gay"

"I'm not gay"

End of story - Part 2

" Aw come on. Why did you get your ear's pierced?"

" Coz I like to wear women's clothes on the weekends."

"Yeh, right............."

End of story - Part 3
    Last edited by Sandra; 05-06-2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Merged 3 consecutive posts use the edit function and please don't multi post
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

bobbie sue
    Why hid i have my ears both nlpples and belly botton done now so what it is your body be pourd of it HUGHS AND KISSES

Thanks I wish I could just get it done but I still don't want everyone to know about my dressing. Also I am presently unemployed so I guess it would be better to at least wait until I get a new job.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Quote Originally Posted by susand262 View Post
    Thanks I wish I could just get it done but I still don't want everyone to know about my dressing. Also I am presently unemployed so I guess it would be better to at least wait until I get a new job.
    I do understand your worries, I was there and felt it all too. Its not always a simple "who cares, just do it" but.. if you see it being some time before you get an interview or something of that nature, this may be the best time to do it. Meaning that the healing process can be done or nearly done so when an interview comes up, removing them for a half day would not be a bad thing and its just the small holes there. The holes would not draw the attention as would the studes.. or after the hire.

Sanitary issues were mentioned. I would recommend a saltwater mixer for cleaning the earlobe and earrings. Some shopes have a salt/water spray for easier application. Alcohol is not a good thing to use as it will dry the wound which can easily be reopened, especially if any blood sticks to the earring. There are other threads on care, removal, etc so do the search for them.

Hope you are happy with whatever choice you make

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I got mine done about a year and a half ago. To this day, nobody has even commented. Just choose a small stud that doesn't attract attention. These days, it's perfectly acceptable for guys to have both ears pierced.

Silver Member
    Come on! Man up! All this worry over pierced ears is so lame.

The only excuse you need to give is that you want to do it.

Read Portia's post again. Do you get it? No? Then read it again.

Stephie

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaI do understand your worries, I was there and felt it all too. Its not always a simple "who cares, just do it" but.. if you see it being some time before you get an interview or something of that nature, this may be the best time to do it. Meaning that the healing process can be done or nearly done so when an interview comes up, removing them for a half day would not be a bad thing and its just the small holes there. The holes would not draw the attention as would the studes.. or after the hire

Marissa[/B][/COLOR]
    Thanks Marissa

That was what I was thinking, hopefully I will have some interviews soon. Now if I could only bring it up to my wife.

Having your ears pierced is in no way considered gay. I had mine done in the 90's when I was still in elementary school. The only thing I'd worry about is if it was a single piercing in the right ear.

Also a note, a pierced ear will never heal back up again. I have not worn earing in many years and with a little persuasion I can still get one in there. Whereas my eyebrow healed completely over in like a week or two and left no sign it was ever pierced.

Edit: I do interviews where I work, and earrings have no effect on the outcome. Neither do tattoos. But then again I pay all my attention to the behavior of who I am interviewing rather than the looks.
    Last edited by Chun-Li; 05-06-2011 at 12:59 PM.

I pierced my ears 25 years ago when it wasn't as common or accepted as it is today, and I did get some looks, but even back then, no one had the nerve to actually ask me about it. Of course, being 6'5" tall may have been part of the reason that no one ever had the nerve to challenge me about it.

If anyone is rude enough to question you about it, just tell them you did it because you wanted to, and go on about your business.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I think this is the only thing about my Crossdressing that I miss not having,not really through fear (maybe a little),but I think I'm a bit long in the tooth now to suddenly decide I wanted to pierce my ears suppose could pass it off as mid-life crisis LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I don't care about anyone else, my wife is the only obstacle. The day she lets me get mine done, I will...
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

I took the “step” about a year ago. Kinda. First I did one and left it in for almost 3 months. During that time I took all the grief from family and friends about doing it so late in life. Then I did the other ear. No one noticed that the stud changed sides. Now both are pierced and no one is the wiser.

I feel so sneaky. He He He...
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I out the earring in backwards with no clasp but I have to say it hurt like hell creating a new hole half way through from the backside. Why worry about having both ears pierced, ALOT of men pierce both ears. Pierced my left when I was 18 then my right when I was 39. I know along time between ears but I got tired of walking around lopsided. LOL

In today's world no one really cares.