Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 days post op

Congrats, Terri on taking another step towards being your true self. I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Your surgery went well, your're home, you are 'yourself'...I can feel it...Minnesota is now a better place.
    No closet is big enough!

Hi everyone, this past couple days has been wonderfully great. Taco is correct, LOL ROTF, that is so bad, giggles. I did get up this morning and had breakfast, dialated, showered and dressed for a return to the hospital. This time it was as a visitor of a gal I met from Minnesota that had her surgery yesterday. Jessica did well and she had her family and SO there to be with her also. Then it was back to the hotel and rest.

I did get a note from my supervisor today asking how I was doing, he's been so supportive. I told him much the same but added the following. "I have found I am much smarter now after the surgery. Do you know why? Ready?............................................ .............................................. Because women are smarter then men." LOL He will split a gutt tomorrow when he reads his mail.

Thank you all, and BTW I am still here!!!!!!!! Hugs Teri

Very happy for you Teri. Sounds like you are doing great. Best wishes for your return home. You seem to have transitioned so well already, I'm betting that no one will even notice, since this is invisible to most everyone.
    Mary

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Nice to see you're well enough to use your great sense of humour
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

It is great to hear from you, Teri, and to hear that things are going well! Get plenty of rest and follow doctor's orders! Please keep us informed.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Terri have a speedy recovery and welcome to womanhood.

Teri,
    Congrads and as all have said, 'a speedy recovery'.
    joank
    Southern California

Last night after a minor set back and another cath installed a friend stopped by and we hung out in the hotel for 4-1/2 hrs and visited. Allie and I had planned to get out last night for awhile but beings I was not going anywhere she was gratious and we talked for ever. Thank you Allie you are a dear.

The set back had to do with extra swelling and not being able to pee. Nothing to be concerned with now but it was very uncomfortable for a while. Tomorrow I will be flying home and Then I can get back to a more normal routine. Thank you all for your support and kind thoughts. Hugs Teri

Sorry to hear you hafd a setback, glad it was not too serious. Will your own doctor be continuing the care when you go home?

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Yes he will as I have to see him when I get there anyway. Just excess swelling. time will give me reduced swelling. It happwns rarely but then I'm special. LOL

You always have to be difficult don't you girl? Have a safe trip home sis
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

It was quite an experience meeting you yesterday afternoon. My, how time flies when you are into a deep and meaningful conversation. You are definitely a wonderful person and having that chance to meet and talk with you was a rare and treasured opportunity for me. Have a safe trip home and keep in touch. We still need to go out to dinner here in San Francisco to celebrate your accomplishments. Hugs ..... Allie

thats awesome news Teri, so glad your doing well, speedy recovery and good health! Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

What Me Worry
    I hope your setback is minor and does not hinder your recovery.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Well ladies this post has been so supportive and the feeling is so wonderful. I have made the journey home with little discomfort and was met by a GF who was watching my car for me. She and her SO are so sweet, they had pulled together a surprise party and yet through this all they were there. While at San Mateo I had family and friends who came in for my surgery and they know how much it has ment to me as the the mountains of kleenex built in my room. Dr. Bowers and Dr. Beck were so wonderful, their staff were over the top and the hospital and recovery staff excellent. I had the opportunity to meet a sister that had her date the day before me, she lives in Key West, congrats Laura. Then there was a gal from my state there who followed me by 5 days and Jessica was doing well when I dropped in on her the day after her surgery.

This morning When I woke the day started at 4am and now it is close to midnight. I rested when I got home but this had to be sent and to say take you all. Allie the time together was so wonderful, thank you dear. So with this being said I would like to say just one more time. HUGS with Kisses and wish you all the best. Teri

Thanks for the update. Now please remember just because you're at home doesn't mean you can overdo it, take some Teri Jean time to recuperate.

^^^ What Rianna said! ^^^

Glad you made it home safe, but take it easy for a while! Leave the heavy stuff for later!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Welcome home Teri!

So glad you made it home ok and that your friends had a nice surprise for you! Get plenty of rest.

Hugs and Kisses!
    Trisha

Well ladies I am listening and a GF of mine has just found herself unemployed so I asked if she wanted some side work. So things like lawn work, painting, carpet replacement and a raised herb and vegetable garden. Now she has the know how and I have the ability to design and execute via her abilities so over dinner tonight we have come to a friendly agreement. Of course there has to be a mutual agreement so no one gets hurt but I am thinking by working together it will work out well.

I will be taking my Teri Jean timeouts and it is good to relax everytime one gets wore down. Thanks for your thoughts. Hugs Teri

I'm late getting on this bandwagon, Teri Jean, but it's great to hear that everything went smoothly and you're already back home, resting up in your pretty new body. I must confess to the slightest bit of envy mixed with my admiration for your courage and determination, but it would never interfere with my wishing you a speedy recovery and a fulfilling new life!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Lallie and others, it has been going great since I got home and the fact I'm in my own bed at the end of the day makes it so much more wonderful. Sounds petty but it does have a special feeling. Yes there is discomfort as the healing process moves forward but it is managed with Advil. I have a post-op physical with my GP tomorrow afternoon and then a dinner date with my nail technician (she is such a sweety). It is great to have the time to recover without a set schedule of work.

Allie, your visit and the time we had together was so wonderful. The imprint went deep, I am still trying to get use to the outpouring of support. The fact that you not only took the time to come over with an hour drive each way but the friendship that flowed still makes me smile deeply knowing we had a great time just talking.
    Hugs sis.

One never realizes just how many people we touch in our pursuit of our everyday lives and if we have the resources of time use them wisely. Reach out to support and help those we meet along our paths each day. I had a great support group while there and it was not un-noticed. You all held my hand and brushed the tears from my cheeks as I made this final physical change, I will forever hold this tight to my breasts as the true sign of friendship. Nervousness is understandable and tears of joy can be an outward declaration of feelings but the imprint on the heart cannot be seen but felt. You all could not be physically there but the fact you were through your support and kind words made that imprint so pronounced.

Thank you all, and forever have my love. Hugs Teri

Be free - overcome fear!
    Hi Teri, I am glad to hear that things are progressing well for you & that others have been there for you.

Good Luck & I will always look forward to reading your updates.

Hi Teri, thank you for the update, I'm glad it is still going well for you, you deserve it!

Will you let us know how the physical goes, please?

If a few of us have been able to support you with our thoughts and prayers over this time, it is still not enough to repay the kindness and encouragement you have shown to others on this forum.

Teri, I'm glad to hear that your road has been smooth. Good luck with that physical and keep us posted on your progress!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]