Thread: What changes?

What changes?

a thought that has been on my mind lately is with hormones one topic people mention is fat redistribution and breast development one thing people mention as a side note or ignore is that we'd burn off fat slower, meaning we'd have to watch what we eat more closely. After SRS I'd imagine we'd have to be hygienic down there to avoid infections or something. what other things do we have to change when we transition?

Steph:

As the wife of a MTF, when she started HRT pills, she gained the breasts and fat redistribution, but did not gain weight. Then the testosterone levels kept fluctuating she had to switch to hormone shots and gained weight. Before, she could lose weight easily. Now she has learned how difficult it is for women to lose weight, and that is compounded because if she overexercises, up goes the testosterone. So diet becomes very important. Another thing she has mentioned is that her digestive system gives her more problems, constipation, bloating, things like that. She hates yogurt, which for me does help. Another issue you want to be aware of is your skin. My understanding is that most have the advantage of looking younger after starting HRT than their genetic female counterparts. You really want to to make sure you have a good moisturizer for your face, a good facial cleanser, and to be careful of your eyes as the skin is going to be affected by the makeup on, makeup off routine. Always remove makeup and put on eyecream from the outside in, so you are not pulling the skin around your eyes.

I am sure there are a lot more that others will tell you about, but hopefully my comments will get you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph.TS View Post
    After SRS I'd imagine we'd have to be hygienic down there to avoid infections or something. what other things do we have to change when we transition?
    I hope your being Hygienic NOW sweetie no need to wait!

Mostly I just changed my clothes and my voice, the rest just fell into place naturally, Oh and I take better care of my skin now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    I hope your being Hygienic NOW sweetie no need to wait!

Mostly I just changed my clothes and my voice, the rest just fell into place naturally, Oh and I take better care of my skin now.
    lol I am I was talking about thinks like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladder_infection#Gender

not sure if there are other issues that can happen down there, but it's something we have to be more cautious about.

Oh and i almost forgot I changed my hormonal system from testosterone dominant to estrogen dominant. best change of them all so far!

Bladder infections can be more or less avoided by drinking plenty of water and good Hygiene

So many changes.

I can't even imagine a complete list. But you don't have to worry about it - you pick them up as you go along. You will learn the same way girls do growing up. Some times from sage advice, sometimes from hard earned experience.

We all learn to take better care of our skin, and to be careful about not snagging our nylons, and to watch what we eat, and to talk with our hands, and put a lilt into our voices, and to ... on and on and on.

I think the one thing that a lot of girls underestimate, or aren't aware of is the issue of our physical safety. As men we never worried about being attacked in a parking lot, or in a bar, we never worried about being raped, we never worried about something being slipped into our drinks, we went where we wanted to, when we wanted to and didn't give a second thought about it. We never carried pepper spray - we didn't need to. We can't do that any more, we loose that privilege. We are now the prey and not the predators. We need to be aware of the wrong sort of attention from men. I think that is probably the #1 thing that most trans girls need to be MUCH more aware of - their physical safety.

Yes - we SHOULD be able to go wherever we want without risk or threat. A woman in a short skirt SHOULD be able to safely walk any street in america at midnight without danger or fear. But that is not the world we live in.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe