Thread: What DOORS have you walked through?

What DOORS have you walked through?

We take doors for granted. Doors are all around us. We open doors, close doors, lock doors, walk through doors, and even wait outside of doors. Some doors we have travelled through many times, and other doors we have yet to open and go through.

Doors range from the simple and unadorned, to the complex, grand, and majestic. If properly maintained, a door has well-oiled hinges, and opens easily. Less utilized doors may have rusty hinges, and require great effort and exertion to slowly creak open.

But doors are so much more than physical manifestations which allow for ingress and egress between different rooms or the outside world. Although they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, doors are the portals of opportunity that feed the soul.

Long ago, travelling an unknown path to an unknown destination, I arrived at such a door. I was but a young, carefree child, full of innocence, wonder, and curiosity. The door was quite simple, yet inviting, and most importantly, unlocked. Although I had a vague notion of where the door might lead, I completely failed to recognize or understand that if I walked through this particular door, that it would slam forever shut behind me. As we know, the door of the crossdresser is a one way door – you may enter the room if you have the courage to do so, but there is no going back. You may not leave.

Obviously, I had no conception of this at the time, but walking through that door, the door of the crossdresser, forever changed my life and the path I travelled. Since that time, however, my path has taken me to many other doors. Some I have opened with great excitement, enthusiasm, and anticipation, while others I have steered clear from, unwilling to even slightly open the door and peek inside to the world beyond.

Still other doors yet, I have opened and walked through, only to find that the room on the other side lacks structural integrity, light, heat, comfort, companionship, and hope. I have long since left such rooms, and not only locked the door behind me, but bolted it shut and threw away the key. I have no desire to walk through such doors ever again, nor do I have any reason to.

Because in this, I have already walked through my own personal door of self-acceptance and love of crossdressing. And talk about a beautiful, majestic door with well-oiled, magnificent hinges! Although my door leads but only to my closet, and is locked and otherwise inaccessible to non-believers, it is a door that I travel through as often as I may. This door leads to opportunity, comfort, solace, warmth, beauty, and magic!

Before joining this forum, my door was also a hidden door, unseen by all, with the exception of my wife. Peeking out of a window, between the curtains, within my closet, though, I could see this forum in the distance. Although I was unsure of what to expect, I slowly cracked open my door, tip-toed out, and cautiously travelled to see what all of the excitement was about. What I saw here I instantly fell in love with! The opportunity for friendship and discussion among those such as I! This was yet another door of opportunity standing before me, and one for which I am grateful I walked through. But in so doing, I have unlocked my own door for you. And when you walk through my door, into my closet, I quite enjoy being the proper hostess, and sharing all that I may with you!

Having walked through the forum’s door, I have since come to recognize many things about myself that I did not know, or even previously considered. For example, walking through such simple, traditional doors of entry to a women’s clothing store, and shopping for myself, will not cause the world to end, and is an incredible experience! Walking through the door of a nail salon operator, and requesting and receiving pedicures with polish is amazing, rewarding, and personally satisfying on a level I could not comprehend before doing so.

Walking through the forum’s door, making new friends, and discussing the magic of crossdressing with fellow travellers and pilgrims has had a profound effect on me, and has led to the further evolution, development, and maturation of Anne. I could go on and on, but the thing is is that I am truly excited by the prospect of opening future doors, and seizing the opportunities that lie within.

Before joining this forum, and reading about other's experiences and thoughts, I would shy away from such doors, without a second thought, as a matter of habit. I will not and cannot walk through every door I come before now, but I will at least consider opening such doors, walking through, and checking out the room beyond. And if the feeling is right, I will do just that, and walk without hesitation through the portal of opportunity and into a new world.

Regardless, we are all on a journey, a journey which is determined in part by the doors we open, shut, close, walk through, lock, or maybe never even open. What opportunities do you see before you? Which doors have you opened, walked through, closed, or locked? Are the hinges on your door well-oiled, or creaky and rusty through neglect? Perhaps you are comfortable in the room you currently find yourself, and have no desire to travel further. I, for one, am fortunate enough to have opened and walked through the door leading to my love of crossdressing and personal self-acceptance. I hope you are equally as fortunate, or even more so, but if not, know that I will hold the door wide open for you! You have but only to walk through . . . .

Anne, I have just walked through a very special door! The door of great knowledge! Something that I am getting use to whenever I read somthing that you post! Thank you emensely for brightening my day! Hugs to you!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Great post. I am at work so could only skim it but I will be coming back to it later.

Hi Anne, I have only travelled through a small number of doors but am still enjoying exploring what lies beyond others. My door through this forum is also open to all who wish to enter.
    Christine
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Anne, I love the metaphor of life being a series of linked rooms--each one with a door leading into the next. If we live our lives heartfully, every new room will be more filled with light than the one we left. In this situation we can never go backwards--not because the door has shut behind us and trapped us, but because the newest light-filled room is so much more beautiful than the one we left. We are more free and we know more! We can no longer endure living in a smaller, darker place.

I suspect that door you walked through as a youth brought you to such a place. You are not trapped there, but in this new place something within you grew and flowered so that you don't fit any longer in those old rooms. You call this place a "closet," but the experience of it is really much grander. I really believe it's a magnificent room, spacious and airy. The truth you found there is a great prize.

Wow girl you have to write a book....what a gift you have!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    So true, Ann. So true!

For some of us, the biggest, baddest door of all is the front door. Once through it, as you explained, you're never the same. May we all see doors as opportunities, and not as barriers. Let us also listen carefully for the knock, and have the courage to fling that door wide!

Kathi

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    So true, Ann. So true!

For some of us, the biggest, baddest door of all is the front door. Once through it, as you explained, you're never the same. Kathi
    Aint that the truth! For me the breakthrough was such a mundane act - simply going out my front door at midday, en femme, to move a lawn sprinkler.

the door of perception .. Going outside is easy, unless an inch worm is 50 meters tall..
    Eyes alight with glowing hair
    all that fancy paints as fair
    she takes her fan and throws it
    in the lion's den..

Doors are nerve wracking and liberating

Well, I cannot stroke the keys as well as Anne, but I will add my own two cents. As what I call a beginner crossdresser, every aspect of the MtF experience is fraught with its own trials and tribulations. Even today as I went to Target for some decidedly non-CD things-some milk, a pad of paper and some Sharpie markers, I found myself gazing down the makeup isles wanting to look for eyeliner, eye shadow, blush or what have you. I wanted to feel that rush of uncertainty-would someone notice me, a guy, picking out red lipstick? I admit to still getting a rush from just passing by the bra and panty section-forbidden territory, my male side screams, unless being dragged there by a significant other. I made a mental note to look for a 40A bra another time. I hope that this excitement never fades. Instead I picked up the engine oil for this weekends "guy" project. How I wanted to push my cart down the bedroom isles, looking for just the right pink bedspread and comforter. Yes, I had other things to do, other than shop for my new nest.
    These are my doors-the threshold of the linoleum and the carpet, denoting the lingerie section at Kohl's. Step across that, and in my mind, my excited, trembling mind, I am a man looking for oink, flowered panties to wear. What shopper might comment, or clear her dissapproving throat-at a man in the panty isle, holding 4 pairs just his size? These are my doors, my walls to overcome. One day (or night soon) Jennie will check the mail at 3am....a distance of some 30 yards, in my middle class, respectable neighborhood. Who might see? Who might discover me. Doors, walls, barriers, of my own making, one by one torn down in due time, I resolve to check the mail this week late Saturday night.....

Jennie

Danni Renee's GG SO Deana ♥ Danni's Avatar
    Your post and the replies remind me of the doors to Narnia...... and going on a journey where there is so much one can learn about themselves and others Danni and I love the forum, the people here have shared so much and given the both of us so much hope and inner peace

Deana

Love this thread girl. I had always thought of my life as a bunch of compartments. I would enter one, have a blast partying, then get out and go into the one that pays the bills...the work compartment. None of these compartments would ever mix and no one from one compartment could see who is in the other ones. And that's pretty much how I've lived my life, by jumping from one compartment to another.

Up until I found this compartment (forum) I thought I was the only person in the world that did this. At least the only person that didn't go all the way and then into the xrated stuff. And that's how I treat this place...as a compartment. Y'all not see the other compartments of my life but that's fine by me. Someday, I'd hope that I could break down all the walls of these compartments and just travel through life not having to remember which compartment I'm in and who or what I can say to anyone.....

Still a dreamer...

Renne.....

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I can't imagine any door being as incredible as the first one, which is the one where I was dressed for the first time. I can still hear my wife's words: "we HAVE to buy you a dress". The world will never be the same!

tina

Banned Read only
    Wonderful post and execptional writing.
    I started out much as you describe. That closet door was like a magnet to me. Over the years I have opened many doors and even had some slammed in my face. I have had to work hard to get some doors to open. I have had to kick some doors off thier hinges. As you travel along the path, you will find many doors along the way. Some will offer great opportunity. Some will offer complete destruction. These you will learn to close quickly and bolt. Remember, these doors are here for your exploration. The more you explore the more knowledge you gain. Choose wisely.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345
    What DOORS have you walked through?
    [SIZE="2"]Hey, Anne – “Break on through to the other side!”

It’s funny how you can change your clothes, or try wearing something completely different, and you wind up “passing” through some kind of door, or portal, that you were previously ignorant of. These “doors” are all in the mind, I believe, and I intensely dislike the sound of doors being slammed shut...
    [/SIZE]

Because in this, I have already walked through my own personal door of self-acceptance and love of crossdressing. And talk about a beautiful, majestic door with well-oiled, magnificent hinges! Although my door leads but only to my closet, and is locked and otherwise inaccessible to non-believers, it is a door that I travel through as often as I may. This door leads to opportunity, comfort, solace, warmth, beauty, and magic!
    [SIZE="2"]Once you pass through an imaginary door you were unaware of, it subsequently disappears, and a new barrier (the gateway to an opportunity, perhaps) presents itself. It helps to take the door off of the hinges, or not see doors at all – In my case, passages reveal themselves in the form of paths that beckon me forward. I am always tempted to give in to curiosity, or experimentation. What if?
    [/SIZE]

What opportunities do you see before you? Which doors have you opened, walked through, closed, or locked?
    [SIZE="2"]All doors are open, 24/7. I often dream about doors, and they are usually open – I can see where I’m going, in other words. Sometimes the door is too small to fit through, but I can look inside and see something just out of my reach – is it too late for me?
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
    Great post. I am at work so could only skim it but I will be coming back to it later.
    I'm for sure going to read this thoroughly when I have time. Thanks for your wonderful insight!

Hi.

Heres something you may concider.

The door you come to does not have a lock or handle that you put your hand on to open .yet .you are invited to go through. & pass that door. there was no sound as it was shut behind you.

I was with a group of women 11 of us & we were asked to open our doors that some of us were hiding behind . we were asked to use some clay & make a image of some thing that we wonted to do to show what we were thinking of or had happened to us,

I made a door with out a handle fixed to it , & just left it on the ground by the door. & a figure standing next to it, The door i fashoned was strong & lovely to look at . it was not a sq just rounded as a 1 / 2 moon shape over the top. the clay we had was enough to hold in both hands .any way it represented a door 8 ft high x 4 ft wide, 3 in's thick with two lovely hinges that were old style .

This concerned my self & more so the last 14 years because that door was for me about how each door i came to as i went to knock was opened , allways before i could knock . & then be invited in. even tho the door was heavy & thick & no one would know i was there, yet my pressance was enough for them to know & know when to open for me.

This of cause represents how i was accepted given a place of you are wellcome here to be among us & things were done for me as i would have struggled greatly to get where i am now. people opened thier doors & allowed this no body no stateis nothing that would say im importaint or worth much as a person . let alone why are you here. yet my door was / has not been shut . & i cant say i opened my door it was gently opened for me . Will it shut, i hope the hinges rust up so it cant.

The women concerned most had issue's with depresson & we had two lovely days to gether. & speaking about our selfs ,

...noeleena...

I walked thru some more doors today. I wore my 1" heels outside and went for a drive. Usually not a big thing, but this time I actually got OUT of the car....and pumped some gas...THEN walked into the local WAWA and got a soft drink. No one noticed i was in heels, that I can tell. I went to the landfill in my heels and jeans, dumped out the used oil (I know, a dump and it was a guy thing..not particularly femmy...but it was another time that I felt I was exposed to the public and could have been found out.

Thank you Anne! I walk throught the door of self-limitations, of holding to my fearful male self, to seek a more whole and spiritual level... to seek the Goddess.....
    transgendered have done this for centuries in Temples (Cybele, Isis, etc.) -- and had official and uinoffical roles as Priestesses and Temple assiatnats... we need that today!!
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......