Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What exactly do you want to achieve crossdressing

I do it to live the other half of me.
    After a while I don't even consider it crossdressing, I just see it as flipping genders, and I'm fine with that. All I know is I'm not happy in merely one place.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I love my Crossdressing and expressing my femme side,I have an understanding and supportive Wife to share my life with,who loves all aspects of this part of our lives,theres no great mystery or end game,I just want to live life to the fullest,without any regrets,happy and content

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

cuz I like it, any questions?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    I was thinking about this lately. I wear women's clothes because that is what I identify with. Not sexually, but image wise. When I go to put on clothes it just seems natural to put on clothes associated with women. It would be much easier if I didn’t have this innate feeling for wearing feminine clothes.

My college sophomore daughter and I have discussed it frequently. She says I couldn't help it if I wanted to and there really doesn't HAVE to be a reason. She also said that if there were to be a scientific reason, it would most likely be that men have both the 'X' and 'Y' chromosome inside us and that BOTH of our chromosomal genders need to be expressed now and then. We have nipples that aren't of much use either.

So I guess it comes down to this, I dress because I like how it makes me feel (comfortable and at peace). I like how I relate while enfemme. I love everything about being female when I'm enfemme, just as I love everything about being male when I'm in drab.
    Last edited by CaitlynRenee; 05-17-2011 at 01:12 PM.

There's a bunch of things around my place that require urgent attention and if I wasn't crossdressing I would feel compelled to tend to them. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Amazing Member
    I Enjoy Being a Girl!
    Isn't it just about enjoying being a girl in the words of that old song?
    It only becomes a question when you have made commitments as a man, implication being to stay a man. Then you have to choose. In my case I never married, and was retired, so my way was clear to go from cross-dressing to transition, though I had to shed a few friends and relatives in the end, anyway.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 05-11-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Not all of us are trying to fool anyone, or are trying to achieve anything. Some of us just want to feel 'normal', comfortable, not out of place. My best example is this one: Pretend you are at a wedding reception. Now pretend you are wearing a bathing suit, when everyone else is in formal attire. You'd probably feel a little uncomfortable; right? Sure, you're wearing a male bathing suit and you're male, but it still just doesn't feel 'right'. That's how some of us feel when wearing male clothing, even though we're male. We always feel just a little 'something's not quite right', which is gone when we're dressed in well, whatever type of female clothing feels appropriate. There are lots of varied reasons for that. Pick the one that fits you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me it will never be a primary goal in life -Its sort of a escapism and partly a interest in seeing if you are actually capable of passing as the opposite sex. My main goal is to have fun !
    The transvestite is a man who has discovered a way of being at peace with herself.

Peace of mind and moving forward mostly. For myself it's about developing who I am, not what I am.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't realy want to 'achieve' anything. I dress because I love to, and because it feels good. I'm not trying to fool anyone, not even myself. I just happen to love wearing women's clothes. But if I must have a goal, I guess it would be to be able to dress feminine 24/7.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I do it for one very simple reason, it feels good.
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!

I keep coming back to this thread and everytime I do, I think I have a an idea how I want to respond. Then after I read other posts, I question myself further (which fo rme, any thread that makes me think a lot is a great thread). I guess the I am similar to others that have posted here: I do not want to achieve anything. I just want to be me. Now, if I can just figure out who I am!
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Platinum Member
    Lots of food for thought here. I tend towards the "its who I am" category. I don't dress as a hobby, nor for the challenge of "passing", although I enjoy shopping for new clothes and shoes, and aspire to present as well as I can. I probably will never fully "transition", but I'm probably 70/30 in terms of time spent presenting f/m, although I haven't ventured out in public. (If I thought I could look half as good as Kendra, I'd certainly overcome my fears and gone close to full time!)

Forgive me for resorting to a cliche, but I do truly see this as a life journey. I'm not sure where it leads - its more a journey of exploration than a trip to a known destination. My experiences on this journey, the influence of people (including those on this site) have influenced my direction and my self image.

that is a very good question , and one that has me still tied in knots , its a question the guy in me wants to have a end result working for something , a goal , end result, but the girl in my just wants to express my fem side , i dont know pass , be excepted ,

this has been one of my biggest walls to work thru (guilt just for me) still working on getting thru this one
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

My so-called goals have changed over time. At first, it was just the thrill of forbidden clothing that I found both mentally and sexually stimulating. My greatest goal was to not get caught all dressed up in girl clothes. I developed an affinity for being dressed that way. It felt right, and I was envious that women got to wear stuff like this while for men it was forbidden. I liked how "being" a girl felt to me. It progressed to the point where I seriously considered transitioning. At that point, the crossdressing was so that I could express what I felt was my true gender. However, I never completely bought into that, and I never took it to that extent. Yet, I still continued to crossdress with every opportunity. I married, and that really locked the door against that route. I committed to staying a man. But the genie was out of the bottle, and I know I'll never stop crossdressing. It still feels right for me. For the longest time, I had goals of getting out and about in the world presenting as a woman. I wanted to go places and do things. I did do that a little bit, but I always felt like I was courting disaster in doing so. Now my goals are simply self-fulfilment and contentment. I enjoy the experience that each new dress brings with it. I like the peace of mind that spending a few hours as a woman brings to me. Add in all those physical stimulations that Kathi Lake mentioned, and you get the picture.

I guess I no longer have any real goals as to where this is going. I've made my choices, and I'm content with them. I guess my greatest goal now is to keep it all from damaging my marriage as much as possible.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

It is an outward expression of my internal feelings. It is self-discovery. It is a way to align the physical with the mental. Given the cards I've been dealt, it's the best hand I have to play.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To continue to do anything there must be an element of fun, or joy, or excitment, or pleasure, or peace, or most of the mentioned. Desires change over the years, and with it the reasons. Yet, in it all if the enjoyment goes then so would the person doing it. I still do it, so it must still be fun, enjoyable, exciting, peaceful, etc...etc...etc...etc......
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Hard question, but simple answer. I do it for inner peace and balance.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Kendra -- your georgous -- look in the mirror! and how long the erge has been there and why? dont know , don't care any more and every time I'am dressed and look in the mirror this feeling of how right I feel is very strong and all is right with the world!!!..............Debra

While I enjoy the touch and sensuous feel of women's clothes - not to mention the fact that they are generally far more attractive, colorful and stylish than men's clothes (and OMG!, the variety!) - going out in public wearing them provides me with a whole other level of satisfaction.

When out en femme, my intention is not to "fool" anyone per se, although I do try to look as passable as possible, or at least - to blend in. For me, it is all about experiencing real life as a woman and being treated as such by others (minus the plumbing-related aspects, of course ).

As men, we are generally invisible. As women, we routinely get checked out by others (including both men and women) and are often made part of that invisible circle of bonding that women engage in, even with perfect strangers. This includes such kindnesses as being smiled at when crossing paths with another woman, receiving compliments on our clothes, shoes, or make up, routinely being "Ma'am-ed", having seats offered to us on public transportation or doors held open for us, having SA's fuss over us, standing in line at a cash or check-out and being engaged in random conversations by other women - in short, all of the niceties and socialization that GG's routinely engage in because they are fundamentally such relational creatures.

And then, you sometimes get to the next level, such as when you are in a women's washroom and the GG in the neighboring stall asks you if you would be good enough to pass her some toilet paper under the partition because her dispenser is empty, not realizing who is beside her...

It all comes down to a feeling of completeness for me, and somehow it just feels "right" - even if society as a whole doesn't quite see it that way...

I would have to say that I really don't know why I love going out dressed so very, very much. I'm totally hetero & have no problem being a guy most of the time, but I love womens clothing and love wearing it. It does not make me feel more fem, relaxed or in touch with my fem side. I think that maybe I'm just obsessed with womens clothing to point where I collect it want to wear it.

Now that I'm comfortable biking around Philly en femme, my next goal is to cause a traffic accident with just my legs....

Best,
    SS

On reflection, I'd have to say that I don't want to achieve anything more than where I am now. What could be more wonderful and delighful than biking in a pleasant leafy place on a sunny day in heels, hose and a dress?
    I was worried when I first starting going out that it might be a stepping stone to something I wasn't sure about. Now I think it can be an end to itself and doesn't have to lead anywhere, except enjoying oneself immensely!
    Last edited by skirtsuit; 05-10-2011 at 03:19 PM.

My goodness less than 24 hours and 46 responses. Ladies thanks so much for your interest in this thread.

I pretty must agree and understand most everyones response about what drives us to have this desire and enjoyment of doing it. Its different for each of us but is still basically the same for most of us.

Several here say they have never been out in public while others go out regularly. Taking that first step into public is a very large step from the comfort of home. Its a natural progression.

I would like to ask everyone who has responded so far to please elaborate more on what you want to achive past where you already are. Are you at a comfortable place in your acceptance of who and what you are that it satisfies you? Are you always looking to move on and test new limits?

And what about those of you with accepting wives. Would she give you that pill? Would you take it willingly?

I'll be here most all evening dressed to the nines just expressing my feminine side and enjoying every second of it. I hope you are too.
    Last edited by kendra_gurl; 05-10-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: additional comment

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    It's odd; Part of me wants to continue 'pushing the barriers' and part of me just simply wants to keep on doing what I've been doing. I've been out once or twice, flown, driven, shopped, gone anywhere and everywhere, and for me that seems to be enough. However, due to my wife's request, I am under the radar and 'out of her face' as Kathi. I accept this, but I do wish I could share this part of my life with her. She loves the whole of me - I know that - but has a hard time wrapping her head around femininity and me.

What pill are you referring to?

Kathi

I do it because I have too. Because I also love it so much and feel so good in a way I find impossible to describe. As for what do I want to achieve. Well I didn't know at first but gradually set small goals and as my confidence increased kept moving forward. I suppose I want to look as good as it is possible given the drawbacks of age and to be able to go out and about as any GG would be able to do. I guess I am well on the way. When out, which is frequently now, I get very few odd looks and everyone is so nice. I don't hide my male voice anymore. I know people will see me as a male in female dress but so what. Anyhow I am vane and love seeing myself dressed and love myself to bits and it's such fun. Never felt better nor enjoyed myself so much as these last few months. Daniel