Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some people are against - warning! controversial

Some people are against - warning! controversial

http://stopcrossdressing.com/

what do YOU think?

A pox on them!!!!!!!!!!!
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

honestly just from what I've seen at the entrance it seems extremely biased, uneducated, and bigoted.
    To stand strong and independent so that I can help those who cannot stand by themselves.
    I will do this by abandoning my old ways, and learning anew what I must do to succeed
    I will find strength within instead of looking outside.
    I will recognize when I need help, instead of struggling on my own.
    I will break the cycle I’ve followed and be free.
    I will stand strong and independent, but I won’t stand alone.

My Mission Statement

I think the site is fine, although I have only now glanced at it. If someone Wants to (key word) stop crossdressing and there is a resource to help them achieve that (good luck with that) then I will not be against them. If they start trying to get us that enjoy crossdressing to stop, then I will take great offense.

Update: the more I look at that site the more I do not like it.

It is kind of sad really. I think someway, somehow, we all need to make peace with who we are. You can "stop" doing almost anything including eating or breathing! From what I have read on that site, it is like a left-handed person blogging about tying their left-hand to their waist so they are forced to use their right hand. Will it make them right-handed? Maybe by definition, but at what cost? Will the brain bring the left hand back to dominate after awhile??? Probably. If they want to stop crossdressing, good luck to them.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    stelli..... i saw that sight and another.... i was searching something else n thought wow,... that would be an interesting read......from what i know of crossdressing.... it may go away for a lil while... or some may try to supress it, but it never stops....I have known..,. some CD'ers including my SO to stop dressing for up to 6 months or more even,...but it never goes away..... because hes always wearing stuff under his guy clothes so hes not totally supressed it.....
    Its interesting to read and see how they TRY and achieve it.....
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

Priestess Of Black Rain Raynefall's Avatar
    Well from what I have seen is that it is very amateur. It's telling you to stop crossdressing and yet the owner of the site still sounds like he/she is struggling with it and not supplying any actual ways to help. So really it's just going to be out there and maybe (though highly unlikely) help people who don't feel comfortable enough with CD'ing to stop. But all in all it looks and runs more like a blog than an actual place to get help and answers.
    x-Cold Black Rain Flows From These Eyes-x
    Cheza Rayne

Only one thing to say. Everyone is an individual. What works for one or some may not work for everyone. I feel the best thing to do is come to terms with ALL of your feelings and proceed from there. In the end it's about fulfilling our personal grid program, what we came here to learn, more than anything else. The goal in my mind is to be at peace with yourself and be the best person you can possibly be. That is what others remember and appreciate.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I want to increase my income, so I'm going to stop exercising because it drains my energy.
    It's all garbage.
    Let's see how long that site lives.

I think he has his right to try to stop. Like we have the right to continue.

If he genuinely wants to stop, that's terrific, but this seems more like a plea for attention.
    To stand strong and independent so that I can help those who cannot stand by themselves.
    I will do this by abandoning my old ways, and learning anew what I must do to succeed

My Mission Statement

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaCarpaccio View Post
    honestly just from what I've seen at the entrance it seems extremely biased, uneducated, and bigoted.
    You know I see these words used throughout this site (cd.com)..sometimes warranted..sometimes..maybe not so. In reference to the site on this thread topic, could you please give me some of your views as to why these 3 words come to your mind?

I would ask anyone for their feedback if so desire. Its more for my understanding of how the conclusion came to be.

Steli, I'm not trying to "hijack" your thread so please let me know if you feel that and I'll remove the question and start a new thread. I would hope that it gives you and others some understanding also.

Thanks,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I think it is fine that people want to stop, not sure that site is going to be the way. There has been times over the years that i wish I coulsd stop, only because I am unable to do it as often as I want. I think it will become a site, if it hasn't already, where people can just cause problems.

Follow your dream.
    I will bet the farm that he will be acting as a she down the road. Again. He is wrestling with himself and is basically dedicating his blog to self-therapy. Not gonna last.

Why would I want to give up one of the most exciting,sensual,wonderful,aspects of my life? Of course to never have experienced crossdressing would be ideal. Let's be honest, crossdressing lends itself to a lot of imagined and very real problems, so to not have to deal with it would be a better way to go.I Always said if I could take a pill and have no desire or recollection of how pleasant dressing could be I'd take it in a minute. This is not going to happen, so I enjoy every second I'm dressed and have no intention of giving it up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
    You know I see these words used throughout this site (cd.com)..sometimes warranted..sometimes..maybe not so. In reference to the site on this thread topic, could you please give me some of your views as to why these 3 words come to your mind?

I would ask anyone for their feedback if so desire. Its more for my understanding of how the conclusion came to be.

Steli, I'm not trying to "hijack" your thread so please let me know if you feel that and I'll remove the question and start a new thread. I would hope that it gives you and others some understanding also.

Thanks,
    Marissa
    well from the initial read through,

"I created it because I have not seen very many places online (or offline for that matter) where there is help for crossdressers who want it."

How about a psychologist or a gender therapist to begin with? My mother kept pushing me to talk to a psychologist about it so i would stop. Given that she's a medical professional, i can follow a psychologist being a good choice.

"When I crossdress, nine times out of ten it leads to masturbation. What I have realized is that masturbating ultimately drains you of energy. And a loss of energy means a loss of production and less income. For someone who aspires to be wealthy, I have to choose between continuing down the crossdressing path, or stop it completely and focus strictly on my goals"

the apparent concern here a fetishistic attachment to transvestism. Rather than dealing with the issue properly, as i noted above by seeking professional help from a psychologist, he's just suppressing it and hoping it will stop. Futher he's blaming the crossdressing for his apparent lack of focus, giving me the impression of looking for an easy scapegoat.

then there's the whole post on the negative effects of crossdressing. It's so chock full of sexist and bigoted remarks i had to close the window. just a few for the record.

"If you think about it, this has some validity. I used to be sick at the thought of being a woman when I was a teenager. I used to think about how bad girls had it. Let’s face it, they have much more maintenance then men do, are more emotionally unstable, are more likely to be raped or taken advantage of, are discriminated against in the workforce much more than men, etc. I could go on and on, but the point is I never even entertained the thought."

"Every transsexual at some point started off just like you and me. Went down the same path. Most are heterosexual who only did it for awhile because of the sexual thrill (sound familiar?). They continued to go down the continuum until at some point they were convinced that they are a woman trapped in a man’s body and wanted a sex change."

Also to Steli, if you feel this is turned into a thread hijack, I will gladly delete this post from here to repost elsewhere.

My Mission Statement

Well, he must think all that is true, at least of himself, anyway. He devoted a helluva lot of time and effort putting up a website that's all about himself and how he's dealing with crossdressing. He's in about...let's see.....five years now. Hmmm.....I was 17 when I was in five years, and I really had no clue at all what it was all about for me, why I did this, where it was leading. This is just where he's at with it at five years in. He can try and stop if he wants to. Good luck, kid.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    He's right, it's like an obsession and the cd wants more and more and to take it farther and farther, BUT I like doing it. It's fun, enjoyable, fulfills a need, is harmless and hurts no one, nothing gives the grea t feeling of wearing fem clothes and changing your gender to sexy and pretty. So at this very moment he has not convinced me to go take off my silky sexy string bikinni panties under my very short girl shorts, I love the feeling they are giving me, thinking about putting on a sexy bra with my D forms to make me feel even better.

We all have our own personal journeys and stories along the way, and I must admit I have struggled with this over the years. If you really want to stop this site (ie crossdressers.com) does not really support you. The prevailing view is that "it will come back"... so what do you do if you do really want to stop?

I have no problem... it isn't really promoting anti-CD propaganda that will hurt the community. It does offer the potential for debate which is always a good thing in a liberal democracy (hey do you have that over in the States? We thought we had that once...). It is marginal...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

If someone wants to quit crossdressing because it interferes with their life then I give them my complete support. Other than being a huge time waster, crossdressing doesn't interfere much with my life. I'm retired, I have lots of time. I don't understand why CDs get so upset at someone who is trying to put CDing behind them. What's it to you? If you don't like the guy's blog, don't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaCarpaccio View Post

"When I crossdress, nine times out of ten it leads to masturbation. What I have realized is that masturbating ultimately drains you of energy. And a loss of energy means a loss of production and less income. For someone who aspires to be wealthy, I have to choose between continuing down the crossdressing path, or stop it completely and focus strictly on my goals"

the apparent concern here a fetishistic attachment to transvestism. Rather than dealing with the issue properly, as i noted above by seeking professional help from a psychologist, he's just suppressing it and hoping it will stop. Further he's blaming the crossdressing for his apparent lack of focus, giving me the impression of looking for an easy scapegoat.
    The statement you cited here was the one that stood out the most for me. It's a vehicle for masturbation. For many of us, it is not. Like some of you mentioned in old posts, it's an escape or a part of our overall personality. I guess he feels guilty. I can't say I feel remotely the same way.

I find no problem with the site. I know some people may not want it or need it, but some folks really do want to stop. There is nothing wrong with that like there is nothing wrong with those who want to continue.

The problem is that for some people, it becomes an addiction. But, it seems to become an addiction mainly for people who are trying to hide their femininity instead of accepting it and learning what it means. Your feminine side wants attention. Ignore "her" and she will torment you. Make friends with her, and life is great.

I don't HAVE to crossdress. It is just one of many ways to express my female self, but crossdressing is the most fulfilling. I can think of no reason to stop.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

wow, many answers and opinions!

I'm NOT afraid that someone will "steal my thread", its not about me, it is about us, it is about someone who cried out loud, it is about seeing things from a different angle.

So far i can tell you that this guy had a page about year ago, now he has blog, i already have emailed him with some explanations year ago, he has thanked me but he has choosen to go further. I'm wandering what this is all about.

I haven't been in this forum for long while - too much real life i thought this would be interesting question to ponder.